Chapter 14: Back To Life

Saviour: Right Next to You

Kiseop switched off his television and slumped himself on the couch. He ran his fingers down his hair and let out a big sigh. Even the television is unable to distract his thoughts of Eun Kyung.

            It has been months since he opened the door to his little haven. The door that opens to a place where he’d vent all his anger and frustration. The spacious room that witness his every failure and hard work, his drops of sweat and tears. The little corner of the room where he’d sang his lungs out, where he’d spend days practicing trying to reach a note or perfect a dance. All those just for an audition and another step closer to his dreams.

            Kiseop would be lying if he were to say every moment he spent in his haven were a waste of time or never worth it. Every single drop of sweat that drops on the floor, every single groans of pain he shouted when he push his body to its limit was actually the happiest time of his life.

            Kiseop took a step towards the door right in front of his room. It’s been awhile. Kiseop took a deep breath and turned the knob. He pushed open the door and stood there. It has been a while since he stepped in to this room, it’s still left untouched, how it was before, when Kiseop just shut the door and swore to never enter the room again- his very own Practice Room.

            The fully mirrored and sound proof walls, the microphone, his practice notes, the speakers, everything in its original position. He sees his old self smiling into the mirror as the music blasts and he dances as if the beat controls his body. Kiseop heads towards the CD player and pressed the ‘PLAY’ button.

            As the music blasts through the speakers, Kiseop stepped forward. He positioned himself in the centre of the room and faced the mirrored wall. Slowly, his soul was possessed by the powerful beats of the music and Kiseop can no longer hold back. His body flows majestically to the music, like he owned it. He can no longer control how his arms move or how his legs twist and turn as Kiseop drowned himself in the music. Boy, how he missed this. Sweat started to trickle down his forehead, Kiseop let it be, he felt somehow, back to life. He felt alive once again.