Chapter 31: D-day!

Saviour: Right Next to You

“Ready?” AJ winked at Kiseop.

            “Uh. Yeah, I guess.” Kiseop mumbled, his head hung low.

            “It’s finally here, isn’t it?” AJ asked excitedly as he fidgets in his chair, munching on breakfast he prepared for both of them.

            “Hm.” Kiseop nods silently as he played around with his food.

            It’s been months ever since Kiseop last auditioned. The morning of D-Day, AJ decides to stop by Kiseop’s home with breakfast, promising Kiseop they’d head down the venue together.

            “Nervous?” AJ asked as he looked up at Kiseop who was still not eating.

            “My heart is going to stop beating.” Kiseop mumbled again.

            “Eat up. You need the energy. No one’s going to pull you out of the audition room if you faint in there!” AJ chuckled as he picks up the food on Kiseop’s plate and feed it to him. Kiseop opens his mouth reluctantly as he began chewing his breakfast slowly.

*

            “Eun Kyung-ah.” Kiseop took Eun Kyung’s hands in his.

            Kiseop is going to face his darkest nightmare. His fear of another rejection. The reason why he stayed locked up in his room with the scenes of every single failure haunting him with every breath that he took. Kiseop is still vulnerable and Eun Kyung isn’t sure if he can take another turndown. He’d be battered to the bones in that case maybe even loses faith in his dream. With that thought, Eun Kyung nibbled her lower lip as she Kiseop’s back gently.

            “Yes, Kiseop-ah?” Eun Kyung answered.

            “Truth is. I’m truly apprehensive for tomorrow’s outcome. What if…”

            Eun Kyung squeezed Kiseop’s trembling hands. Kiseop turned to face her. They were sitting at the rooftop of a tall building; legs hanging on a ledge as the night comforts their soul and the astonishing view of the city lay right below their feet.

            “No ‘what ifs’ Kiseop-ah. AJ once tell me, you’ll never be brave enough to take a step forward if all you think about is the outcome even before you do anything. Just do it, believe in yourself, forget about what people say, and forget about what is going to happen to you later. It’s just that moment that matters. So that in future, you carry no regrets. When you look back in the past, you’d be glad you muster up your courage to put up a fight towards your dream.”

            “No regrets.” Kiseop repeats after Eun Kyung.

            “You have our back; me and AJ. We will never let you fall back. We’ll keep on pushing you forward.” Eun Kyung leans in towards Kiseop. She traces Kiseop’s jaw line as she lightly kisses his forehead.

            “I have faith in you.” Eun Kyung whispered as she nestles her head onto Kiseop’s shoulders.

*

            Eun Kyung’s words from last night still rang in his mind as he and AJ made their way to the audition venue. Kiseop’s body night be walking on Earth, but his mind wanders elsewhere. AJ puts his arms around Kiseop’s shoulders as they proceed. AJ humming to the melody of the song Kiseop plans to sing for the audition.

            “Name?” The lady sitting behind the registration counter demands. Next to her were two more staffs each with a stack of papers with names and details of the participants.

            “Lee Kiseop!” AJ chirped happily as he playfully smacks Kiseop’s back. Kiseop bits his lips, butterflies slowly filling up his stomach.

            The lady runs her hands down the never ending lists of names, putting a tick next to Kiseop’s name once she found it. She then handed Kiseop his number tag to put on his shirt.

            “Thanks.” Kiseop mumbled.

“And you?” The lady now asks AJ.

             “Ah, no. I’m not auditioning. I’m supporting my best friend here. You’re looking at the next epitome of perfection in the music industry!” AJ blurts out in excitement.

            The lady finally smiled as AJ showers Kiseop with compliments, as Kiseop just stood there, as if his feet are glued to the ground

            “Kiseop, isn’t it?” The lady started. “You’re lucky to have such an admirable friend. The best of luck to you.” The lady said as AJ dragged Kiseop to an empty space in the corridor.

            Many hopefuls have gathered, all filled with the desire to be accepted with the talent they are most confident in. Some were just sitting, shifting restlessly as they waited for their name and number to be called. Others were busy perfecting their moves or perfecting the notes.

            Kiseop began warming up his body, stretching and doing some breathing exercises. He too practices his own choreography. AJ would help him harmonise as Kiseop sang. They then rested for a while as they waited for Kiseop’s turn.

            Kiseop realised something amiss; a part of him missing. He searched around only to comprehend the situation- Eun Kyung wasn’t here.

            “AJ.” Kiseop alerted AJ who was immersed listening to his ipod.

            “Hm?”

            “Where’s Eun Kyung? She promised she’d be here.”

            “Eun Kyung? She’ll be here any moment now. Calm your nerves down, bro!” AJ chuckled.

            “How do you know?” Kiseop asked.

            “I just do.” AJ replied nonchalantly, his attention fixed on his iPod.

______________

A/N: i'm sorry this is late,again! D: BOO. i cnt believe its coming to an end. and yeah. im already working on my next fanfiction. excited! :D thnks loves! <3