Chapter 18: Blessing in Disguised

Saviour: Right Next to You

They were holding hands as they walk down the streets. Swinging their linked arms and giggling as they walk. It was comfortable, like they have done this for ages. A wall between them was broken down.

            Kiseop squeezed Eun Kyung’s hand. Confused, Eun Kyung turned to look at Kiseop.

            “Don’t you hate your dad? For taking away your dreams?” Kiseop asked.

            Eun Kyung took a deep breath and replied, “Never.”

            “Don’t you hate your mum then? For leaving you alone? Despite all that happen, she never returned to look for you.” Kiseop asked again.

            Eun Kyung stops in her steps, stood in front of Kiseop and looked straight in his eyes, smiling.

            “Never, Kiseop. I can never bring myself to hate them. They’re my parents, Kiseop.” Eun Kyung replied.

            Eun Kyung pulled Kiseop and continued walking.

            “Move it, you lazy bum! Keep walking like this and I’ll never reach home for my beauty sleep!” Eun Kyung whined.

             Kiseop giggled and took a big step forward to walk side-by-side with Eun Kyung. Kiseop looked up at the night sky to see stars twinkling brightly as they walk with Eun Kyung yapping away non-stop like an old ahjumma, Kiseop smiled.

            “Thank you God. For never giving up on me, when I almost gave up on myself. Thank you for such loyal friends, who always stood by be. And thank you, for bringing Eun Kyung into my life.” Kiseop silently prayed the night would last forever.

            All the hard times he had, it was indeed, a blessing in disguise.