Chapter 16: Maybe, it was fate?

Saviour: Right Next to You

Eun Kyung rummages through her bag and her hand found the key to Kiseop’s apartment. She slid the key through the keyhole and pushed the door open. Inside, the music blasted around the whole house like it’s going to break the entire apartment into pieces.

            “WHAAAAAAAAA. MY EARS!” Eun Kyung squealed.

            She made her way down the hall and found a door left slightly ajar, light was illuminating through it. She had never seen the room before but it was the source of the loud music. She peeped through the door, her eyes searched around the spacious room. It looks like one of the dance hall in her used-to-be college. The thought of college made her heart sank a little but she pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

            A thin, figure slids his way down the floor and twist his way back up to his feet in an instant. Eun Kyung stood there mesmerised by how Kiseop and the beat of the music are totally in sync. In tank top and track pants, sweat on every inch of his body, it somehow made him y. Damn, raging female hormones.

            The music ended and Kiseop stopped dancing. A slower music started playing; Kiseop made his way to the speakers and turned down the volume.

Eun Kyung accidentally dropped the paper bag of bread. “Shoot.” Eun Kyung gasps.

Kiseop who was catching his breath heard something dropped and sneaked to the door. He opened the door bigger and saw the girl whom he missed so much picking up the things she dropped.

“Eun Kyung!” Kiseop almost squealed and went straight to hug her. Well, too excited Kiseop literally crashed Eun Kyung who was kneeling on the floor picking up her bread down to the floor.

“Ow!” Eun Kyung was lost for words.

“Uh, Kiseop-ah. Help? Dying of being compressed between heavily muscled guy and hard cold floor over here.” Eun Kyung breathed.

“Sorry!” Kiseop laughed as he let go and stood up.

“Er, surprise?” Eun Kyung mumbled as she handed him his box of mini doughnuts.

Kiseop took it from Eun Kyung and reached for the hands and pulled her up.

“Come.” Kiseop jerked his head towards the room that he considered his little haven.

He pulled Eun Kyung’s hand and lead the way in. The door closed behind them. They sat in the middle of the room munching on the mini doughnuts Eun Kyung brought.

“You’re too y for your own good.” Eun Kyung voiced out, swallowing the doughnut.

“You think so?” Kiseop looked at Eun Kyung who was busy brushing away icing sugar off her top.

“You know, you never tell me you dance. And very good at it. Why don’t you try…”

“Auditioning? Hah, doesn’t AJ tell you anything about me?” Kiseop asked.

Eun Kyung shook her head, clueless.

“I auditioned. One after another. I did my best. But I guess my best was never good enough in the first place. They never call me back or I’d just get rejected the moment I finish showing them what I’ve got.” Kiseop looked away from Eun Kyung and stared at himself in the mirror.

Eun Kyung sat there, staring at Kiseop as he began opening up to her. His story of life unfolding as Eun Kyung listened.

Kiseop stopped talking for a while. Since he started speaking, Eun Kyung hasn’t even spoken a single word which is very rare of her. His eyes looked at their reflection in the mirror. He saw Eun Kyung looking at him, her face not a single trace of happy. Kiseop slowly turned his head to face Eun Kyung only to see a vulnerable girl, shedding tears.          

Eun Kyung’s eyes met Kiseop’s. She blinked a couple of times, trying to stop the tears from falling but failed. Maybe it was fate that brought together two humans who had their share of pain; broken dreams, rejection, heart ache, and memories they never want to reminiscence.

Eun Kyung saw her pain in Kiseop. Eun Kyung pulled Kiseop in an embrace, nuzzled her nose on Kiseop’s neck and his back as comfort. Kiseop returned her embrace, a tear break away from his eyes.

 

_______________________

A/N: thnks guys for the comments, reading this and all. :D whoa, it actually keeps me going! I'm trying my best to update at least a chapter everyday. soyeah! thnks again! <3