Chapter 15: BREAD DELIVERY!

Saviour: Right Next to You

Eun Kyung finished her job at the small restaurant earlier than usual today. Ahjumma has found another part-timer who could work late to help her do closing. Once in a while, she would stay to help as she felt bad being paid the same despite the shorter hours but worried Ahjumma usually pushed her out of the restaurant sometimes pleading her to just go home and take a good rest.

            Eun Kyung swung her sling bag on her shoulders and left the restaurant after bidding the Ahjumma goodbye. The smell of bread from a nearby bakery attracted her as she let her sense of smell to lead the way.

            “Wahhh,” Eun Kyung squealed as she sees rows of freshly baked bread of different fillings and designs in front of her.

            Without much hesitation she grabbed a tray and a pair of tongs and began picking a few that caught her attention. Eun Kyung tried so hard not to drool at the smell and sight of it. Her eyes grew wider as she made her way around the bakery making her selections accompanied with gasps of admiration.

            “This one’s for me. Ah, this one too.” She placed a tuna-filled bun and bread with chicken sausages and cheese on her tray. “Hoon will like this!” Eun Kyung whispered to herself as she took one cream-filled bread and another one with strawberry custard filling complete with strawberry jam and icing sugar sprinkled on top. “This one’s for AJ,” as she selected two chocolate-creamed doughnuts dipped half in dark chocolate the other with while sprinkled with some crush cookies. “As for Kiseop…” Eun Kyung’s mind searched around and her eyes fell on these cute mini doughnuts decorated with funny faces using icing, chocolate, cookies and fruits. There were six of them in a packaging. She grabbed one box and head off to the cashier to make her payment. She was grinning to herself, satisfied with her buys. After paying, Eun Kyung made her way to AJ’s apartment.

            AJ doorbell rang. After checking himself in the mirror one more time, he head towards the door and unlocked it. On his doorstep is an excited girl smiling as she looked inside the paperback full of bread.

            “BREAD DELIVERY!” Eun Kyung shouted the moment she sees shocked AJ.

            “Eun Kyung-ah. Why didn’t you tell me you’re coming over?” AJ asked, still surprised to see Eun Kyung standing right in front of his apartment.

            “AH. I just wanted to surprise you!” Eun Kyung replied and stared at AJ from the root of his hair to the tip of his toes.

            “I guess, wrong timing, aye? Looking good, my friend, going somewhere?” Eun Kyung asked, curious.

            “Yeah, I have a lunch date..”

            “LUNCH DATE?! Whoa, who’s that lucky girl?” Eun Kyung asked, grinning at the thought of AJ sitting awkwardly with another girl at a restaurant. Eun Kyung knew how AJ has never been good with girls.

            AJ sighed. “Eun Kyung, seriously. You need to stop cutting people off when they’re talking. I have a lunch date with my mum.” AJ finished, as he ruffled Eun Kyung’s hair.

            “AH. Oh wait, this is for you! And say hi to your mum for me!” Eun Kyung said as she handed over AJ’s portion of breads.

            “You don’t want to come in?” AJ offered.

            “Nah, I’ll probably just go annoy Kiseop or something. HAVE FUN AJ!” Eun Kyung declined, as she turned and left skipping to the stairs.

            “EUN KYUNG!” AJ called over. Eun Kyung turned to see AJ smiling with the bread on his hand. “I’m glad you came back.” AJ shouted.

            “Pbabo. Who said anything about leaving?” Eun Kyung chuckled as she waved at AJ and made her way down two storeys down to Kiseop’s apartment.