Chapter 27: What if, it's true?

Saviour: Right Next to You

            Eun Kyung and Hoon were reading as they sat on the couch, side by side enjoying the Saturday afternoon together. Ever since Eun Kyung’s mum paid off all the bank loans, Eun Kyung did not work as hard as she used to. She still saves up for her college, keeping her hopes of living her dreams alive. On days where she doesn’t have to work to rest, she would usually hang out with Hoon or spend some time with Kiseop. She having been meeting AJ since the incident by Han River.

            Hoon has been spending his Saturdays at Eun Kyung’s house, at times; he even tutors her a little, not wanting his best friend to lose out when she started college again. Thirsty, Hoon puts his book down and heads towards the kitchen to grab a drink.

            “Want anything?” Hoon called out from the kitchen.

            “I’m fine.”

            Eun Kyung was still engrossed in her book as Hoon sat back right next to her.

            “Who is it?” Hoon suddenly asked.

            “Who is what?” Eun Kyung mumbled her attention still at her book.

            Hoon took away the book from her hands, folded the corner of a page, shuts it close and placed it on the table.

            “Between the two boys.” Hoon asked again.

            “Who?”

            “Well, there’s only two boys you’re close with these days, you know.”

            “Nope. There’s also you. Which makes it, three.” Eun Kyung turned to face Hoon.

            “That’s beside the point. I’m your best friend forever!” Hoon dramatically emphasised on the last three words.

            “Isn’t it obvious Hoon? Who I like?” Eun Kyung giggled as she playfully slapped Hoon’s thigh.

            “I was just checking. Then, what about the other guy?”

            “Huh? Who? AJ?” Eun Kyung asked confused.

            “Yeah. AJ.” Hoon nodded.

            “What are you talking about? We’re friends. Like how you and I are.”

            “Are you sure? Because unlike me, I’m crystal clear about our relationship. That guy is heads over heels over you. I mean, have you seen his eyes when you he looks right at you? Can’t you tell?”

            Eun Kyung wrinkled her nose. All this while, AJ’s gaze would always make her feel warm on the inside. Just looking into his eyes, it can make her happy. Like how Hoon always does. She knows they would be there for her when she falters. She has never thought, about it in another way.  

            “AJ? In love, with me?” Eun Kyung drew out the words slowly from .

            “Eun Kyung, seriously. Are you really that dense? Has Kiseop blinded you with his charms?” Hoon explained, clearly astounded.

            “But why? Why didn’t he tell me?” Eun Kyung whispered, as she turned away from Hoon.

            “WHY? Why don’t you ask him? It’s not something that I would know. I just happen to saw him standing at a distance, watching you and Kiseop walking together hand in hand. Boy, that guy must be so heartbroken.” Hoon sighed.

            “Not helping, Hoon.” Eun Kyung muttered.

            “Go talk things out with him.” Hoon pats her shoulders as he picked up his book and continued reading from where he left off.

            Eun Kyung was still in a daze.

            ‘What if what Hoon said was true?’ Eun Kyung thought to herself.

____________________

A/N: SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES! my ideas just died. D: boo. im trying to finish this fan fiction as fast as i could. because i might already have an idea of another. *sigh. all i can say is, this is gna end soon. boo. D: HAHA. love you! <3