Chapter 17: Innocent First

Saviour: Right Next to You

            They broke away from the hug. Both feeling awkward. Kiseop turned to face Eun Kyung, so now they sat directly opposite of each other. Kiseop cleared his throat.

“So, uh. Eun Kyung…”

Eun Kyung was staring down, drawing circles on the floor.

“You know Kiseop, I used to have a perfect life. Nothing more, nothing less. Just right. It has always been about me, my dad and my mum. We were so happy back then,” Eun Kyung started.

“Back then?”

Eun Kyung could not believe she is actually recalling back the painful memories she swore to herself to never spoke of it anymore. Despite being close to Hoon and AJ, she had never told them the full story about how she suffered.

“But nothing lasts forever, right?” Eun Kyung faced Kiseop, and chuckled.

Kiseop just nods, listening intently to Eun Kyung who was finally opening up, to him. It just shows how much trust Eun Kyung has in him. Somehow, it made him feel warm and nice on the inside. It made him feel the need to take care of the vulnerable girl in front of him, the need to protect her.

“It all falls apart, rather quickly. No one can even salvage the happiness we once had. Dad, being a nice guy he usually is, lends a sum of money to a patient in need. The thought of his business and loans slipped out of his mind then. Business started going bad and the bills are sky high. Dad was in a dilemma, he borrowed money from loan sharks.”

Kiseop gasps at the thought of loan sharks. He slid closer to Eun Kyung, pulled her closer to him and leans her head against his shoulder. He began Eun Kyung’s hair.

“Dad tried all means to save the business, to pay off all the loans and bills, to the extent of using every single cent of my college tuition fund. That explains how I got kicked out of school. So there goes my dream. All shattered as dad walked out of my room that night with my bankbook. Mum couldn’t take it anymore, she just left both of us, without turning back.”

Eun Kyung’s voice was trembling, her fingers all balled to a fist. Kiseop saw how much pain she is trying to suppress and took her hand in his, squeezing it tight.

“It’s okay, just cry it out,” Kiseop coaxed Eun Kyung.

“It all happened so fast…” Eun Kyung began sobbing.

“Five tall men, they beat dad up so bad I can’t even open my eyes to look. And there I was standing behind a pillar helpless… Then he took out a gun. Dad, he said he loves me. Then the gunshot. Dad… He…dead…I can’t…”

Eun Kyung felt a tight squeeze at her heart; she couldn’t bring herself to remember that night. She broke into a cry.  

“I don’t know what to do then Kiseop-ah. I just ran away. I could have… I can’t believe I just left him there, Kiseop-ah. I can’t…”

“Hush, Eun Kyung. Say no more. It has all happen. We can no longer turn back time to change back the events that happen.” Kiseop whispered into her ears.

Eun Kyung was in Kiseop’s warm embrace as she cried her heart out; she moves closer to Kiseop and hugged him tighter than the last hug. Kiseop is the only comfort she needs right now. Kiseop makes her feel alright. She felt like a weight is lifted off her shoulder as she let out her heart content to Kiseop. Kiseop made her feel safe. Kiseop is her salvation.

Kiseop Eun Kyung’s back and let her cry. She hugged him tighter.  Seeing Eun Kyung so raw and vulnerable broke his heart. But he made a promise to himself that night, he’d show this girl that he too can overcome depression like she did and came back stronger. He wants Eun Kyung to look at him with the proud look in her eyes seeing how her determination to live on despite her pain gave him strength to pull himself out of the darkness. He wants, more than ever for Eun Kyung to trust him and show her true side to him and no one else. The side of herself, she never dared to show anyone.

Kiseop lets go first. He cupped Eun Kyung’s face and wiped the tears out of her cheeks. Eun Kyung faced him and their eyes met. Their faces inches from each other and Eun Kyung closed her eyes. Kiseop leaned in closer, closing his eyes too, eliminating the spaces between them, Eun Kyung’s hand still in his. Their lips met briefly, like a feather brushed against the lips. Eyes still closed. A brief moment of silence before Eun Kyung’s lips found Kiseop’s. Eun Kyung laced her fingers through Kiseop, as they held on to each other hand tighter.

Eun Kyung smiled as they were kissing and finally let out a giggle. They broke away from the kiss, grinning at each other stupidly. In an instant, all the strong emotions vanished.

“Um, that was my first.” Eun Kyung mumbled, innocently as her fingers touched her lips.

Still holding hands, Kiseop pulled her up to her feet.

“Well, and I’ll make sure it will not be the last. From me at least.”

Eun Kyung lightly punched Kiseop on his arm with her free hand. They giggled as they looked at each other’s eyes. Still unable to believe what happen that evening.

“Come, I’ll send you home.” Kiseop offered.

Eun Kyung nods and hugged Kiseop’s buff arms tight.

Once again, Eun Kyung was the one that gave him the courage to step out of the house and into reality.

_____________

A/N: sorry, just one chapter this time. D: heh, im clueless how to make an innocent first kiss sounds perfect. I'm sorry if it doesnt seemed good. heh, you can go let your imagination run wild. xD thanks fr th comments again! oke, im gna sleep thinking of the kiss scene. *cringes. cant believe i wrote this. love you all! <3