Chapter 21: Smile, My Kyunggie.

Saviour: Right Next to You

“Who were the two guys?” Hoon broke the silence.

            Eun Kyung was snapped out of her reverie and looked at Hoon.

            “Kiseop and AJ.” Eun Kyung answered simply, taking a breath of the morning air

.           Hoon mouthed an ‘Oh’ and the silence started again. Curiosity reign over Hoon. He wanted to press on for details. Who are those guys to her? What were they doing in her house? Why are they sleeping all sprawled on the floor? But Hoon pushed all that thoughts aside. In his head, only one question keeps on running since the night before. Should I or should I not?

            Eun Kyung slowed down as she reached the playground and shrieked. Hoon was taken aback; her screams almost rattled his soul. He looked up to see Eun Kyung dashing to an empty swing and pointing to the other empty swing next to it.

            “Look Hoon! Empty swings, chances like this comes once in a blue moon!” Eun Kyung squealed.

            “But its morning now, what moon?” Hoon sat on the other swing, smiling.

            Eun Kyung was so used to Hoon’s sarcasm; she just rolled her eyes and swung herself up high. Hoon just kick his legs on the sand, barely swinging a few inches off the ground. The same question keeps on repeating in his head. Hoon took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

            “Your mum, she came looking for you last night.” Hoon mumbled.

            Eun Kyung came to an abrupt stop as she heard the word ‘Mum.’ She turned to face Hoon with a surprised expression.

            “After two years.” Eun Kyung scoffed. “What did she say?”

            “She asked about you.” Hoon kept his eyes on the ground, kicking the sand below his feet.

            “And?” Eun Kyung pressed on for details.

            “I didn’t tell her about your whereabouts. Not even the place you live or where you work. I swear.” Hoon confessed, afraid Eun Kyung will just blow her top.

            Eun Kyung pinched her nose bridge, her head all muddled up; slowly processing what Hoon just told her.

            “After two years, Hoon. I thought she forgot I existed and yet appearing now, I don’t know how to react.” Eun Kyung whispered.

            Hoon stood up from his swing and knelt in front of Eun Kyung. Eun Kyung kept her head hung low, still confuse at the situation. Hoon grabbed both her hands and squeezed it tight.

            “Things are going to be fine, I promise. I’m here for you, right?” Hoon said ad he her hair.

            Eun Kyung nodded her head. Hoon stood up, still holding on to Eun Kyung’s hand. He slowly leans down, towards Eun Kyung who is still sitting on the swing.

            “Smile, my Kyunggie.” Hoon whispered as he leans in to kiss Eun Kyung on her forehead.