Chapter 24: Envy

Saviour: Right Next to You

            Kiseop traced Eun Kyung’s facial features with his forefinger, slowly as she sleeps. It’s already morning, Eun Kyung cried herself to sleep the night before and Kiseop felt bad leaving her behind. He accompanied her through the night.

            Occasionally, the brows will frown, like she was having a nightmare, Kiseop puts his finger between her brows to ease it. He smiled, as he watches the girl he loves sleep peacefully. Slowly, Kiseop leaned in to kiss Eun Kyung’s forehead, then her eyes; the left followed by the right. He proceeds down to kiss the tip of her nose and both her cheeks. Kiseop pauses for a bit, and kissed Eun Kyung’s soft lips.

            “Wake up, my sleeping beauty.” Kiseop whispered, his lips still inches from Eun Kyung, eyes still close.

            Eun Kyung opens her eyes to see the love of her life’s face inched from hers. She leans in to steal a kiss on his lips. Then backed away, grinning. Kiseop eyes slowly open, his fingers touching the spot Eun Kyung just kissed.

            “Good morning.” Eun Kyung greeted him.    

            Kiseop froze and admire the beautiful girl in front of him in awe. Despite her red puffy eyes, she got from crying the night away, her hair being a mess, her clueless ‘just-got-out-of-bed look, she is still beautiful girl that owned his heart.

            Eun Kyung got out of bed and head for the kitchen, pouring milk into her glass and Kiseop’s. She then started preparing breakfast.

            “Kiseop-ah.” Eun Kyung called out, her voice nasal from all the crying.

            No response. Kiseop still sat at the foot of Eun Kyung’s bed, eyeing her.

            “Kiseop oppa!” Eun Kyung called out again, this time a bit louder.

            “I’m coming.”

*

            AJ unlocked Kiseop’s apartment door and invited himself in. The house is empty. There’s only one place where Kiseop will be. He quickly left the house, unlocked the door and headed for Eun Kyung’ neighbourhood. AJ stopped by a coffee house, grab a few Danishes and a cup of hot coffee.

*

            “Are you heading to the park today?” Kiseop asked as he wrapped his hands around Eun Kyung’s waist as she stood in front of the mirror, doing her hair.

            “Not today.” Eun Kyung replied as she reached for her perfume and sprayed some on her.

            “Why not?” Kiseop breathed in the sweet smell of Eun Kyung’s perfume.

            “I just don’t feel like it.”

            “Then, where you going today?” Kiseop asked, curious.

            “I…uh. I just want some time with myself, to think things over. After all that happen last night.” Eun Kyung bit her lips and placed her hands over Kiseop’s which was still on her waist.

            Kiseop looked at their reflection on the mirror. He smiled as his eyes met Eun Kyung’s on the mirror.

            “Don’t worry, Kiseop. I’ll be fine on my own.”

Eun Kyung turned to face Kiseop and hugged him, resting her head on his chest.

            “I trust you will, Eun Kyung-ah.” Kiseop simply said as he kissed the top of her head.

            “I shall take my leave then.” Kiseop said again, cupping Eun Kyung’s face.

            Eun Kyung just nods and sends him to the door. Eun Kyung took both Kiseop’s hands in hers and kissed it as she looked into Kiseop’s eyes. With that, Kiseop turned and took his leave.

            In a distance, AJ watched as Eun Kyung slowly took Kiseop’s hands in hers and brought them closer to her, she was smiling as she kissed them. AJ clutched his coffee, his heart breaks as he sees the scene. AJ was purple with envy and he cannot decide whether to be mad at his best friend, Kiseop or happy for both of them. He should have expected it the moment he realises Kiseop was not home, that he’d be staying the night at Eun Kyung. But he did not know, watching them like that will hurt him so much. AJ turned to retreat, in despair.

__________________

A/N: SORRY FR LACK OF UPDATES! D; YAY! ITS KISEOP'S BIRTHDAY TODAY! <3 thought i'd upload this chapter before the day ends. heh.