Chapter 1: Just another day,Eun Kyung

Saviour: Right Next to You

 

Eun Kyung opened her eyes as daylight slowly crawls in. She stretched, tired from a whole day of work. Checking the time with her phone- 8:00AM, she knows it’s about time to wake up and get ready for another day of her life.

            “AH. Just awhile more please. I promise, I’m going to wake up. Just awhile more…” she mumbles to herself while turning to her side, pulling her blankets closer to her.

            “Kyung-ah. Eun Kyung! I made breakfast!” the voice of Hoon shouting from outside.

            Its been 2 years since Eun Kyung loses everything. Her parents and her home, all in a night, her whole life crumbled just in front of her eyes. No parents, no home and even kicked out of college. Since then, she lives at Hoon’s garage. Its rather spacious, since Hoon’s family doesn’t own any cars, they revamp their garage to a guesthouse- complete with a bathroom, small stove, a fan, a bed and even a heater. Even though they don’t expect anything in return, Eun Kyung pays him rent every month and tries not to be a burden to the family, as a sign of gratitude.

            “KYUNG-AH!” Hoon called out her name again, this time louder, while knocking on the door.

            Slowly, Eun Kyung woke up, rub the sleep off her eyes and literally glide to the door. With one final yawn, she opens the door.

            “Kyung, breakfast! Go get ready! Luck ain’t gonna wait for you, y’know! Here, take this, I’m running late for school too. See you later!” Hoon passed the lunch box to Eun Kyung, ruffles her hair and walk away.

            “HOON! THANKS FOR THE FOOD!” Eun Kyung shouted back and went inside to get ready.

            Eun Kyung, dressed in white tank top and jeans, complete with suspenders, leather cuffs and red and black high top shoe, check herself in the mirror one last time. She doesn’t really care how she looks like, as long as the clothes are comfortable enough for her, she’s fine. She grabbed her guitar case and head out to her usual spot- the Fountain Terrace at the nearby neighbourhood park.