Stairs

The Golden Hotel 2 (골든 호텔 2)

Unanticipated, the room was then sprayed with white mist. It was sleeping gas.

"Omo!!! What is happening?!" Kyuhyun went hysterical as they huddled together in fright.

Siwon began coughing, his eyes watering while gasping for air. "What… is… this…? Sleeping gas?" his energy got drained and he fell down on the floor unconscious.

"Siwon!/Hyung!"

"I am scared!" 

Kyuhyun trembled in his place, trying hard not to breathe in the gas. He held his breath for minutes, but doing so would lead to suffocation. So Kyuhyun had no choice but to inhale the gas, lulling him to sleep. In a matter of seconds, he followed Siwon.

"Kyuhyun!!!" struggling to stay awake, Ryeowook went beside the maknae. But he too, fell asleep.

"Hyung…" Heechul and Yesung collapsed on the floor.

"Aish!!!" Leeteuk went beside the two. "Yah! Wake up!"

had seen how they all fell asleep one by one, and she was terrified. She then noticed Eunhyuk’s grip on her shoulder loosening, so she turned around to check on him. "Eunhyuk?!"

"I can't stay awake… any longer…" he slowly fell down in front of her.

"Eunhyuk!!!"
called out his name, holding him in her arms. Her vision started to fail, as well as her consciousness. "What is…" she knelt down on the floor because she could not carry his weight. Glancing around with her eyes squinted, saw Leeteuk falling asleep. "…happening?" the next thing she knew, it went all black.

----30 minutes later----

Everybody started to stir. The moment their eyes flew open, they found themselves inside a room. It was a little dim, but the illumination was enough to view the place.

----Shindong, Yesung, Heechul, Ryeowook----

"Uuurg…" 

First to wake up was Heechul. He leisurely sat up and scanned the room to become familiar with his surroundings. And then he saw Shindong, Yesung and Ryeowook lying still on the floor. "Omo!!!" he scrambled to his feet and went beside them.

"Yah, yah! Wake up, you guys!" Heechul shook them in hope of waking them up. After many tries, Yesung and Ryeowook woke up.

"Aigoo…" Ryeowook slowly sat up, regaining his consciousness.

"My head hurts…" Yesung touched his pounding head, sitting up.

"Yah, Shindong! Shindong! Yah, Porky!" Heechul shook Shindong violently in attempt to wake him up from slumber.

Shindong then groggily spoke. "Five more minutes…"

Heechul got irked, so he stood up and pushed him using his right foot, causing Shindong to roll and hit the wall. "OUCH!!!"

"Do not sleep in this situation!" he roared.

"Yah… hyung…" Yesung smiled wryly while Ryeowook went beside Shindong to help him up.

"Yah, Chulli! That was mean!" Shindong scowled as he sluggishly stood up, but Heechul only scoffed and sneered.

Ryeowook rolled his eyes and asked, "What do we do? It seems we were all separated."

Looking around, Yesung saw something stuck on the door. "Yah… is that a sticky note?" he approached the door without hesitating at all to remove and read it, with them gathering around.


Did you find yourselves separated?
It was so hard dragging all of you…
Yes, I dragged all of you…
Anyway, go out and find your friends…
This game will be fun…
The Hotel has 40 floors…
Meaning, 40,999 rooms…
Find your way to each other…
And when you find each other…
I'll speak…


"BWOH?! Serously?! In this Hotel?!" Heechul pointed the note, wide eyed with mouth agape.

"We have no choice, hyung." Yesung crumpled the paper and pocketed it.

"Then we have to search the hotel." Ryeowook scratched his head.

"Then out we go!" Shindong went out the door first. "It's good to check the lower levels first."

----Leeteuk, 
, Siwon, Sungmin----

"SERIOUSLY?!" Sungmin's mouth hanged open. "What kind of Room number is this?!"

"2,222…" Leeteuk read the number on the door. "We're on the second floor."

"We will never find each other in this big hotel…" Sungmin lost hope.

"Patience is a virtue, Sungmin hyung. We will find the others." Siwon patted his shoulder, flashing a smile to assure him.

Sighing deeply, 
frowned. "I hope Eunhyuk is fine…"

"Don't be upset, 
!" Leeteuk wrapped an arm around her shoulder to pull her into a hug. "I'm sure he's grouped with the other dongsaengs!"

"Hmmm, nae."
reluctantly nodded. When she remembered the odd bus ride, her heart wouldn’t cease beating rapidly. "Let's just move on and walk. I'm sure we'll encounter some of them since we'll check the lower levels first."

"Okay."

-----Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk, Donghae-----

"So the three of us are together somewhere in the 1st floor." Kyuhyun crossed his arms while walking down the hallway. "I wish I… left… stuck with…" He muttered a lot.

"What?! Did you mutter something, Kyu?" Donghae was surprised to hear something unexpected.

Kyuhyun then stammered, "Ah-ah n-nothing, hyung! You heard nothing!" he turned away to avoid eye contact.

Someone abruptly sniveled from the background. "I think I got us into trouble. I won't forgive myself if something happens!
 was right…" Eunhyuk wiped his tears away and felt guilty for doubting .

The two boys exchanged looks. What was Eunhyuk talking about? Donghae staggered along with Kyuhyun to let him explain more. "Yah, hyung! What do you mean?" Donghae placed his hands on Eunhyuk’s shoulder while giving him a serious expression.

"What do you mean, she's right?" Kyuhyun's eyebrows came together.

Eunhyuk studied their faces and explained, "My yeoja has this creepy ability to feel auras. When we were in the boat, she told me she's having this vibe… a bad vibe. From the sound of it, something will really happen. She never fails at something like this. Also, she mentioned that she never felt nothing like this before."

Their faces went pale after he expounded. "If what she's saying is right, whatever that “bad” thing's going to happen, I say we leave this Island!" Donghae hysterically voiced out.

"Nae! Forget about the rides and games! I don't want something like this…" biting his lips, Kyuhyun glanced around the area and started to become crept out about the place.

Eunhyuk heaved a gloomy sigh. "I don't know… but we have to find each other first. This game is suspicious if I were in my yeoja's shoes."

"I agree, with you, hyung! But I hope no one dies while we're here…" Kyuhyun's eyes widened in fear for thinking of a possibility.

"NO, KYUHYUN!!!" Eunhyuk started crying.

"PABO YAH!!!" Donghae hit Kyuhyun's head, causing him to flinch, so he rubbed his head. "Do not utter something like that!!!"

Kyuhyun pouted. "I was just saying…"

"What you're saying is invalid!!!" Donghae yelled in front of his face.

He defensively raised his hands up in the air. "Alright, alright, sheeeesh, hyung!!!" he rolled his eyes.

"AISH, you evil maknae-" Donghae then caught a glimpse of someone passing by. "Yah! Leeteuk hyung!"

"Really?!" Kyuhyun pivoted and saw them. "Leeteuk hyuuuung!!!" he hollered down the hallway.

Turning around, the leader saw Kyuhyun, Donghae and a crying Eunhyuk. "Bwo, it's them!" he pointed.

"HYUKIE!!!" 
sprinted toward Eunhyuk when she saw him crying like a baby. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?!" she looped her arms around his body.

Donghae simply said, "Kyuhyun's fault."

"Yah, Donghae hyung! I was just saying we might die-" Kyuhyun quickly covered his mouth.

"KYUHYUN!!!"

"And you have to repeat it again." Donghae dismissively shook his head while Eunhyuk sobbed harder.

"What is going on…" Leeteuk asked as he sauntered along with Siwon and Sungmin.

"I told you we’d find some of them, hyung." Siwon whispered to Sungmin.

"Fine, fine, you're right. Now, where are the others?" Sungmin questioned them about Shindong’s, Heechul’s, Yesung’s and Ryeowook’s whereabouts.

"I guess we have to search the upper levels…" 
remarked.

Everyone decided to climb more levels, but the game was too easy. They all met in the fourth floor.

"We were on the 2nd floor, they were on the 1st floor, and you guys were on the 5th floor. This was too easy…"
had a serious tone rather than rejoicing upon meeting each other safely.

"Now what do we do?" Heechul was being impatient.

"I'm hungry." Shindong rubbed his tummy.

Glaring at Shindong, Heechul rolled his eyes. "We all are."

"And Wookie has to cook for us." Yesung eyed Ryeowook, wriggling his eyebrows.

Ryeowook sighed in defeat. "Arasso! But you guys do know hotels have dining rooms…"

"Well, yeah, of course!" Kyuhyun rather said it in a matter of fact tone.

"Then we should find the dining area!" Shindong hurriedly climbed up the staircase.

"Yah, Porky! Wait for further instructions!" Heechul scowled.

Shindong halted, turned around, and stomped his foot. "COME ON-"


Click.

Unforeseen, the stairs that Shindong was standing on shifted to become horizontally flat, causing him to fall and slide down. "WAH!!!"

"OMO!!!"

"SHINDONG!!!"

Heechul was about to catch him when a trap door opened below him. "Omo omo omo!!!" Heechul tilted forward and he tried to balance himself by swinging his arms everywhere. What he didn't like was what he saw at the bottom.

"CHULLI!!!" Leeteuk pulled Heechul's shirt in the nick of time along with Yesung who was aware enough.

Pulling him in to safety, Heechul then shoved their hands away. "YAH!!! GRAB SHINDONG BEFORE HE FALLS ON THAT PIT!!!" his face was definitely pale upon seeing something below.

Time was short and fast. Their adrenaline rush was a little slow today, since it was an unexpected event. Shindong fell in the trap, screaming all the way, until no sound could be heard anymore. It was very strange, so
 hurriedly peered below with Heechul’s eyes growing wide.

"Don’t look!!!"

Upon peering into the pit,
let out a sharp gasp. She trembled badly and froze in her place. Heechul darted through and pulled her away to embrace her.

"What happened- BWO!!!" Kyuhyun fell on his and he kept on scurrying backwards until his back touched the wall. "No…No… No... What is happening… LET'S GET OUT ALREADY!!!" he stood up in a crack in attempt to run away.

Ryeowook luckily pulled Kyuhyun back when he got pitifully paranoid. "What did you saw?! Calm down!"

"Hyukjae, you comfort her." Heechul handed
over to Eunhyuk so that he would comfort her instead.

"Eunhyuk… I… I was right…" 
mumbled under her breath, quivering as she frets for their lives.

He knew right away what she was trying to convey. "Could it be…"

When the rest peered into the pit, they were all astonished. Siwon almost puked. Donghae averted his eyes. Sungmin covered his eyes while Yesung stared down in daze. Shindong died. How? His body got impaled through some thin spikes sticking out the ground. Shindong died before their eyes.

"All of you stay away from there!!!" Leeteuk moved everyone aside from the pit. When he glanced down, he muttered some incoherent words. "Aish-…" He scooted away from the scene, biting his lips unbelievably.

A little while later, the trap door closed and the stairs shifted again back to its original state like nothing happened. "We're all going to die… " 
sniveled.

"Shhh…" Eunhyuk tightened his hug around her while her hair gently to calm her down. They all stayed silent until in was broken by an eerie sound.


Screech.

Hahaha…
All of you will die in this Island…