Fugitives

The Golden Hotel 2 (골든 호텔 2)

----Dining Room----

"Don't you think we've figured out the killer too easily?" Eunhyuk said as they entered the Dining Room.

"Well, you know. Weirdo's." rolling his eyes, Kyuhyun was really sarcastic. "They're stupid."

protested. "Even so, Kyuhyun. He still managed to come up with the games and remember. . . .It wasn't easy to get you and Sungmin oppa off that Rollercoaster. We did a lot of effort."

"Oh. . . .right." Kyuhyun suddenly remembered. "You guys have to get on that Observation Tower." he shivered. "Swinging all the way was scary enough. Quite an adventure."

"So I guess that's why the games we played were limited?" Eunyuk took a guess and counted. "Four games."

She nodded. "Could be. If you let me evaluate, it was reasonable since you have to think of some way to kill people in a very complicated way by using rides. I didn't think Yesung oppa could think of those."

Kyuhyun added. "Well, it's possible if you have a wild imagination. For example, I'm into video games and so as you." he gestures towards . "We have a better chance to think of sadistic ways on how people can die."

"True." Eunhyuk nodded. "Still, it amazes me how he can kill us using those methods." he referred about how Yesung sets traps.

"This Island is very dangerous." claims. "If the number of days staying in this Golden Hotel is finished, I don't have an assurance if the boat that brought us here would even pick us up." 

"Oh! Speaking." Kyuhyun stops.

"Hmm, what is it?" Eunhyuk turns to look at Kyuhyun. They stopped near the Kitchen.

"When will we be departing this deadly Island?" Kyuhyun brought up a good question.

Due to that question, that got into thinking. "You're right. Do you guys even remember anything about the departure?"

The two boys exchanged looks. It appears nothing was even mentioned. So, she tried concluding. ". . . .Hmmm come to think of it. I think if Yesung oppa did kill all of us, the boat would still arrive."

"Oh. If it did, that means the boatman was hired?" Kyuhyun tried guessing.

Eunhyuk nodded. "Yes. That could be. I'm starting to understand 's way of thinking. If the boatman was hired, there's not chance that we could even get off this Island alive."

"Mmmhmm, correct but if you think deeply, there's still a chance we can get off the Island. By sending help." she said seriously.

"Help? How?" Kyuhyun got curious. "If ever the boatman was hired."

smirks. "Have you forgotten? Our mobile phones!" she took out hers. "Good thing I always charge mine."

The two boys pointed at her phone wide eyed. "Where'd you found yours?!"

"Oh. I hid it." 

"You did? How? Our belongings were all inside our baggages but our phones weren't there." Kyuhyun scratches his head

"You don't wanna know." looks away.

Kyuhyun was a bit confused but Eunhyuk interrupted. "So, wait. The number of days remaining for the boatman to arrive here is Four days?"

Thinking for awhile, was sure what to answer. "I believe so. Since Yesung oppa did plan to kill all five today, there's not a doubt we're still in the Four Days Rule."

Facepalming himself, Kyuhyun gave out a deep sigh. "Aigooo. . . .Four days of running away from the killer. How exciting. We're not even fugitives."

shrugs. "Well, we just have to run away and hide for awhile. I'll switch my phone off." she pressed the button long enough and her phone turns off, putting it inside her bag.

"Let's find something to eat inside the kitchen. Better if we don't have to cook it." Eunhyuk said as he entered the kitchen followed by the two.

"Well, judging from the time we have. . . ." looks at the nearest clock as Kyuhyun closes the door and turns off the light. "I think we can still cook. There is a possibility Yesung oppa is searching the whole floors one by one."

Eunhyuk also looks at the clock then to them. "Well, what do you think, Kyuhyun?"

"I guess we should give it a shot. I turned off the lights in here. Although we still have some light outside through the kitchen door window." Kyuhyun checks the surrounding if they can see well in this dimness. "We can still see anyway."

nodded. "Let's begin by cooking our food then. Kyuhyun? I'll assign you to put as many foods as you can inside any paper bag that doesn't need to be cooked. Well, we need bottles of water too."

"Arasso!" Kyuhyun salutes with his hand that is carrying the knife.

"Uhm, could you bring that knife down. . . . I'm a bit uneasy seeing that."

"Oh sorry, !" Kyuhyun immediately puts the knife on top of the table like it was a disgusting thing to ever touch.

After 1 hour of cooking their food, they were all stuffed. Although, it was nerve wrecking that Yesung might find them immediately, they still managed to eat in this situation. It was getting darker outside and they were getting sleepy. Falling asleep would only mean that their guard is down. It would also serve as a disadvantage if Yesung finds them inside the kitchen sleeping.

"What should we do? All three of us are getting sleepy. It's not good to stay up all day either." Eunhyuk brought up another question.

"Maybe we should have shifts. Like we take turns to watch the Dining Room while the other two sleeps?" Kyuhyun suggested.

"Hmm. . . .that's a good suggestion. We should take turns-" was cut off by Eunhyuk.

"No. I think the boys should do the job. You need to take a rest since. . . .you feel pain from time to time, right?" Eunhyuk meant about her injury on her head.

"Oh. . . .so you noticed I was wincing in pain while we were eating." she smiled. "Good observation. You'll become like me one day!" she chuckled.

Kyuhyun hid a smirk. "Even in this kind of situation, you still manage to put up a smile on your face. I guess that's why Eunhyuk hyung loves you very much." he thought to himself then he stood up, gaining the attention of the two.

"Well, let me go first. You guys sleep-" Kyuhyun was cut off when Eunhyuk stood up and grabs his wrist.

"Ani. You should rest. You've been a lot than I am. You deserve to rest more." Eunhyuk offered.

Seeing them all good, smiles. "I'm glad they're friends again. Well, maybe closer than ever."

So, they decided every four hours, they would change shifts. They slept at around 10pm. Eunhyuk did his best to stay awake until 2am since he had a lot of rest back in the Infirmary. After 2am, it would be Kyuhyun's turn to watch over until 6am. Then, they'll try to get out of the Hotel and go in the Theme Park to find some useful things to kill Yesung.

Eunhyuk was definitely nervous looking out the Dining Room. It was widely opened and anyone who is seen coming in can definitely see the kitchen from a distance if they are not distracted by the beautiful table settings. Hours had passed and Yesung was yet to be seen. From time to time, Eunhyuk's eyes were getting heavier each minute and sometimes his head keeps on dropping down.

Despite all that staying awake effort, it wasn't put to waste. In any minute, 2am will hit the clock so, Eunhyuk left his post and comes over to Kyuhyun to wake him up from his sleeping position. The Maknae was sitting on the floor with legs crossed like how Indians would sit down. 

"Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun!" Eunhyuk shakes him many times until he woke up.

"Hnn? Is it time already?" Kyuhyun gave out a yawn and scratches his eyes.

"Nae. It's your turn now. Goodluck." Eunhyuk gave him a pat on his shoulders then looks at who was sound asleep in her sitting position. 

Kyuhyun nodded. "Nae. I'll warn you guys as soon as I see hyung." he quickly stood up from his place and went to his post.

On the other hand, Eunhyuk went over to 's place. He carefully sat down beside her right side and slowly he grabs her left shoulder to bring her head down to his lap so she could be comfortable. Looking down at her, Eunhyuk can't help but to smile as he brushes off some strands of hair away from her face.

". . . .We've come this far. If we ever die. We die together." Eunhyuk closes his eyes and falls asleep.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was indeed wide awake. It was already 3am in the morning. Meaning, three days to go before they can escape the Island. Or could they even get out alive? A lot were going on his mind. Kyuhyun has been thinking some reasons why Yesung would kill them all. No matter what reason that is, he could only think of he's a psychotic killer with no reasons at all as to why he kills people.

"Aish. . . .really. There are no reasons at all. We're not like mean to him."

Shaking the thought off, Kyuhyun resumes in focusing. He tries to be keen on his surroundings. Never did he took his eyes off the entrance of the Dining Room until, after another hour of waiting, he saw a shadow of a person that would anytime check the Dining Room.

"Shisus!" Kyuhyun muttered under his breath and hurriedly wakes up the couple by shaking them wildly. "Yah, Yah! Yesung hyung is about to enter the Dining Room!"

After awhile, Eunhyuk and woke up together and after hearing that Yesung was entering the Dining Room, their blood went alive and quickly took the necessary things that needs to be brought especially their food for three days.

Kyuhyun looks over the kitchen door and he quickly kept his head down, leveling himself to the eyes of the couple who were crouching down with him. "Yesung hyung is checking every table."

"Under the tables?" said Eunhyuk.

"People can fit under. Hmm, we must somehow hide under that long catering table to get to the other side and out this Dining Room. The kitchen door is just in front of another catering table, right?" asks while Kyuhyun nodded.

"Well, you are correct although, even if we crawled our way out to hide under it, the gap is very big and we could be caught." 

Eunhyuk added. "Not to mention, our food supplies makes a lot of noise. Especially our canned goods."

"Can I see?" peeks through the paper bag and comes to the decision of asking Kyuhyun to remove his bloodied jacket coat. "Remove your jacket."

"Uhm, okay." Kyuhyun obediently follows and gave it to her who wraps the canned goods using Kyuhyun's jacket then returning it inside the paper bag.

"No more noise."

"Genius." Kyuhyun's jaw drops down.

"Why'd I didn't thought of that?" Eunhyuk scratches his head.

"Quick thinking." said it as if it was an easy common sense.

Kyuhyun then decided to look out the window. "Hyung's back is currently facing us."

"I'll go out first. Quickly close the door okay? So we won't get noticed." she slowly pushes the door while Kyuhyun was looking. "Give me the bag."

Eunhyuk hands it over and carefully crawls outside. Kyuhyun closes the door and ducks in to hide while she quickly crawls under the long catering table in about 10 quick knee steps. She turns around to hold the table cloth, to avoid it from swinging since there are no valid reasons why should the table cloth move unless the wind of the aircondition was hitting the table cloth.

She continued crawling under the table until it was Kyuhyun's turn. Eunhyuk looks outside and it seems that Yesung was looking at the tables from the right side. Kyuhyun carefully crawls outside and quickl went to the other side of the long table. He didn't went under since he needs to give Eunhyuk a signal to go outside.

It seems like it was hard for Eunhyuk to crawl out. Kyuhyun saw Yesung facing their side this time, coming closer to their table. He decided to lift the cloth to look for .

Kyuhyun looks under to call . "Yah!"

She got startled a bit. "You scared me!"

"We have a slight problem. Yesung hyung is closing in this table!"

"Oh damn it." slowly peeks in below the cloth to look for Yesung's shoe. She spotted him then looks back at Kyuhyun. "Let's wait for him to reach the table near the entrance. When he stands up and faces his back at the kitchen, tell Eunhyuk to crawl out the other way."

He quickly understood the instruction so Kyuhyun crawls near the end of the catering table, peeking at Yesung from time to time to find an opening for Eunhyuk to go out the kitchen.

Will Eunhyuk get caught?