Fun with the Sun

Always Here
Please log in to read the full chapter

P-A-R-T-Y! I'm loving this comeback, are you guys?

Around noon the next day, you and Sunny are laying on the beach in lounge chairs and sunglasses. On a table in between you two mixed drinks stand, one about 2/3 full and the other almost done. Sunny is reading a book, and you're doodling in your sketchbook. You turn to take a sip of your drink, and see the mostly empty cup next to Sunny.
"You're not drunk, are you?" You say, and Sunny turns to you, smiling cheekily.
"Maybeee..." She says, sounding a little tipsy already.
"Baby..." You say, a little concerned.
"Just kidding, princess. I don't wanna forget a second of this vacation." She says, poking your nose.  You smile, taking a sip of your mojito. You return to your drawing, and Sunny leans over to take a peek at it. 
"Oooooooh! Who is that?" She asks, pointing at the subject of your drawing. 
"It's my idea of Satan's daughter, who despite her cool and tough appearance uses her powers to meet her favorite celebrities. You can see her soft side in her tattoos, because they're from Studio Ghibli films." You say, moving the sketchbook for her to see. 

"That's so cool baby!" She says, taking a sip of your drink. You flick her softly, and she scrunches her nose.
"Get your own drinks, babe." You say, chuckling at her frown. It changes to a determined one as she stands up, shooting a fist towards the sky and a hand on her hip.
"I will get my own drinks! Up, up, and awaaaaaaaay!" She says, running away. You giggle at her silliness and return to your drawing. A few minutes later, she returns with a drink in each hand and places both of them on her side of the table. You raise an eyebrow at her and she smiles.
"I have a backup for later! It's the smartest plan ever!" She says, proud of herself. You chuckle and finish the drawing, closing your sketchbook and putting it in your bag. You sit up and look out at the beach, contemplating what you should do. 
"I'm gonna go swimming, wanna come?" You ask, and Sunny immediately stands up. 
"YES!" She shouts before taking off to the waves. You chuckle and put her drinks in a cooler along with yours before following her. You find her standing just on the edge of where the waves reach when they hit the shore, and as you approach her you back hug her, placing your chin on her shoulder. 
"Why aren't you getting in the water?" You ask, and she frowns. 
"It's all the way over there...and my legs are tired from running..." She says, pouting. You roll your eyes, smiling and knowing what she wants. You hook an arm under her knees and hold her back, carrying her like a princess into the water. Once it's up to your waist you put her down and smile, splashing water on her. She splashes some back, and soon enough you're in a splashing war, laughing and unable to stop smiling. You call a time out and walk towards each other, catching your breath. You wrap your arms arou

Please log in to read the full chapter