Here & Now

Always Here
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I'm glad you all liked the last chapter so much! I'm sorry I didn't end up updating on Wednesday, but my older brother had to do some repairs on my computer. It's much faster now, though! 
The winner of the poll for your cake is: F!

You wake up the next morning, and reach next to you to grab Sunny. To your suprise, she's not there. You open your eyes and see a pink post-it note on her pillow. You pick it up and rub your eyes, reading it.
"Morning Baby!
I was called into work for an emergency meeting. I figured you'd rather sleep more! 
Love you!
-Soongyu"
You smile at her cute handwriting, reading it in her voice.  
An emergency meeting? You think, getting up. I hope everything's okay.

You start getting ready for work, and as you go through your morning routine a smile grows on your face. Sunny left little notes everywhere in the house for you to find. In the bathroom, there was one that read 'I'm watching you, girl'. In the kitchen, one said 'Cook me up something yummy!'. On the front door, you found one that told you she'd see you later that day. You hop in the car and head to your studio. 

:::::::::::

After 2 hours, Sunny bursts in crying. You get up and rush over to her, taking her in your arms. 
"T-They told m-m-me.." She sobs, and you kiss her forehead.
"What did they tell you, baby?" You whisper, and she looks up at you, tears staining her face.
"They told me to choose between you and a solo album." She says, and you tilt your head, confused. "They said I could have a solo album, which would be great for me, but if I did that I'd have to go to America for a few months. I know you can't just leave your job, and I...I..." She breaks out into tears again. You hold her close, rubbing her back.
"I can go to America, baby. I'm a native! Besides, I can just scan my drawings to the computer and send it to Korea. We can make this work." You say comfortingly, and she sniffles.
"B-But...what about our lives here? What about the girls?" She mumbles, and you lift her chin up.
"We'll be back before they even know it. We're warriors!" You say, giving her a peck. She looks up to you worriedly.
"Really?" She asks, and you pull her head into your chest. 
"Really."

Once everything calms down, Sunny explains the details. The two of you will leave in the second week of June, and you will return in August. The company will provide housing for you two, and Sunny will work with an American producer to make her solo album. You two will stay in a part of LA where many Korean people are, to keep you from being homesick. You smile at Sunny, and she smiles back.
"We can do this."

:::::::::::

"I em go-ing too ta sto-re. Wood you li-ke a-ny-ting?" Sunny says in English with a thick accent. 
"Sure! I would like some cake." You say perfectly.
"Good! Ah-ee wuill get some." She says. You smile at her.
"You're getting better, baby!" You say in Korean to her, and she blushes.
"Oh stop it. You're such a nerd." She mumbles, and you give her a kiss on the cheek. 
The two of you are on the couch in the loft, and you’re teaching Sunny more English in preparation for your stay in America. While she learned a lot in the week she spent with your parents, she’s still pretty rusty. Right now, you’re teaching her things associated with food.
“Welcome! What would you like to order?” You say, and she hesitates.
“Ah-ee wood li-ke some fu-rench fu-ries, please.” She says, and you giggle at her accent. “I will hit you with this book if you don’t shut up soon.” She says in Korean, and you nod, pouting.
“Okay! That’ll be five dollars!” You say, and she scratches her head.
“What does “Five” mean?” She asks.
“daseot. (five in Korean)” You say, and she nods in understanding. She passes you a five dollar bill that you had printed out so she could practice using the monetary system.
“Thank you!” You say, and she smiles.
“Yur well come!” She says confidently. You smile brightly and lean over, kissing the top of her head.
"I'm good at English, right?" She asks you in Korean.
"The best. I think you're even better than Tiffany and Amber!" You say back, and she giggles.
"Very good yo."

:::::::::::

That night, you and Sunny invite the girls over for dinner. You cook them a roast chicken and all of you sit around the dining room table, filling your plates. Taeyeon is feeding Tiffany more food then she is eating herself, and you and Sunny are sitting at the opposite heads of the table. As you're sitting and digging in, Sunny clinks a spoon against her glass to get everyone's attention. The room goes silent and looks at her, and you give her a thumbs up. 
"I have an announcement to make." She says cautiously.
"YOU'RE PREGNANT?!" Shouts Taeyeon, and Sunny laughs.
"No, you . I'm...getting a solo album." She says, followed by loud gasps.
"Oh my god!" Says Yuri.
"Congrats man!" Remarks Hyoyeon.
"THAT'S ING AWESOME!" Yells Taeyeon. Everyone starts chattering, but they're silenced by Sunny clearing . 
"There's one catch, though. _____ and I have to go to America for a few months." She says quietly, and the g

Please log in to read the full chapter