Plans

Always Here
Please log in to read the full chapter

You awake the next morning to the sound of your phone ringing. 
"Babe...get your phone..." Sunny mumbles as she grumpily covers her head with her pillow. You sigh and get up, trudging to the dresser where you left your phone. By the time you get there, you've missed the call. You gasp as you see who it's from, and immediately call them back.
"Hello?"
"I'm so sorry I missed your call, Mr. Lee! I was asleep."
"It's fine. What's not fine is what I'm looking at in today's newspaper. When did you and Sunny break up?!"
"We didn't! This one tabloid took pictures of us at a market and in our car, making it look like I was going out with Amber! We didn't break up and I'm not dating Amber. It's all lies!"
"Can you put Sunny on the phone?"
"Yes, one second."
You walk over to the bed and cover the receiver with your hand. You shake her shoulder and tell her her uncle's on the line. She sits up and takes the phone, trying not to sound tired. 
"Hello? What?! We didn't break up! That was all a scam by the press! Of course I'm telling the truth. Okay." She says, then puts down your phone when the call ends. She gets out of bed, wrapping her arms around you and laying her head on your shoulder. 
"Can't we get one day away from the press?" She says sadly. "They always target us." You rub her back comfortingly.
"Just because we're the same gender we're all of a sudden the most important couple around. That's just the way it is." You say back, and she sighs.
"Can you stay home with me today, baby?" She asks. Because there's not that much work to be done, the girls have the next four days off. 
"Of course." You say, kissing the top of her head. After keeping the embrace for a few more minutes, you call your boss and tell him you're taking the day off. You and Sunny decide to spend the rest of the morning relaxing in your hot tub. (A/N: Even though I wrote in the hot tub while I was half asleep, I may as well use it!)
"When do you want to get married, perfect?" Sunny asks, leaning on your shoulder and playing mindlessly with your fingers. 
"It'd be nice to marry in the spring or the summer, when it's warm. That way we could have it outside." You say, and Sunny smiles. 
"It'd be hilarious if it was on my birthday." She says, chuckling. "But we'd never do that."
"Why not?" You say, and she lifts up her head, looking at you with confusion.
"What do you mean?" She says.
"Well, who's stopping us from having our wedding on your birthday? It's in the spring, it'll be fun, and all your family will be here anyway!" You say enthusiastically.
"Yes, but it's also too soon, all the places will already be booked, and...it's too soon!" She sputters, and you giggle.
"Someone sounds nervous." You say, and she pouts. 
"I'm serious, it'll be impossible! How are you getting all of your family out here that quickly? How are we going to pick dresses and food and a venue and all that stuff in less than a month?!" 
"I've done tougher things. We'll send e-vites to my family so they get it as fast as possible, along w

Please log in to read the full chapter