Why?

Always Here
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning, you wake up to the sound of someone screaming. You shoot up to a sitting postition, looking around the room. Eunha is the source of the noise, and shes pointing to the spot next to you as she screams. You look and to your horror, you see Sunny covered in blood with a knife through her heart. You scream as well, and more nurses rush in, letting out gasps. Tears flow from your eyes as you look at Sunny's limp body. You move the hair from her face, looking at her permanent expression. She looks peaceful, as if she's still sleeping. You wipe you eyes and dare to look at her wound again. Attached to the knife is a note. You untie it with shaking hands and read it.  Only three words are on the paper. 


"You're next, _____."

Your eyes go wide as you read the note, and you freeze in shock.

The next few hours go by in a blur. Your nurses surround you, reading the note and consoling you. The police come in and question you. You see the horrified faces of the eight girls closest to your heart. You watch Lee Sooman break down crying as he cradles the body of his dead niece. Before you know it, the day is over and you're still in shock. You were going to get married. You were going to be together forever. You lay in bed attempting to fall asleep, hoping and wishing this is all a dream. 
Sunny said she wouldn't go on without me. You think. Why should I? 
You stand up and walk to the elevator, telling the nurses you're going to take a walk to think. You press the roof button, and up you go. When you reach the top, you step out, staring at the stars. You think about Sunny looking down at you, and hesitate. 
"What do you want me to do?" You say to the sky. "I don't think I can handle it without you. I'm going to die anyway, I might as well do it with dignity." You walk over to the railing and swing your leg over it. You sit on top of it, staring at the view. You look down at all the tiny people and their tiny lives worrying about all the tiny things. You see a familiar black car roll up in front of the hospital. Out comes Taeyeon and Tiffany. Without any hesitation, you jump, yelling their names as you fall. They look up at you, and instantly their faces turn from neutral to terrified. 
"_____! NO!" Screams Taeyeon. As you hit the sidewalk, a crack echoes across the area. Blood pours out of you as the girls rush over to you. A passerby runs into the hospital, yelling at the secretary. Rapidly, a stretcher leaves the doors for you. As the men lift you up and lay you on your back, Tiffany sees a glimpse of your face. You're smiling. 

::::::::::

"WHY THE WOULD SHE DO THIS?!" Yells Taeyeon, banging on the wall in frustration. "WHY WOULD SHE LEAVE US ON THE SAME DAY AS SUNNY?!"
"Tae-" Attempts Tiffany.
"NO! I CAN'T ING HANDLE THIS! WHY DO WE HAVE TO LOSE THEM BOTH AT THE SAME TIME?!"
"TAEYEON. WE DON'T EVEN KNOW IF SHE'S DEAD YET. I KNOW IT'S HORRIBLE. I FEEL LIKE ABSOLUTE AND ALL I WA

Please log in to read the full chapter