Water Works

Always Here
Please log in to read the full chapter

"_____?!"

You freeze, eyes widening. Amber sits up quickly, her face looking extremely worried. 
"This isn't what it looks like, Sunny!" You say, standing up and walking towards her. She looks at you, tears starting to stream down her face. She shakes her head, her expression horrified. 
"I knew you were like all of them." She says, then runs away, covering her face. You chase after her, following her outside. She rips off her ring and throws it in the pool as she runs to her car. You grab her arm and she struggles to break free. 
"WHAT?! WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO DO TO ME?!" She yells, and you look back seriously. 
"I wasn't cheating on you!" You shout, and she rolls her eyes. 
"Yeah right. Then what were you doing in there with Amber?! Yoga?!" 
"We were playing rock paper scissors and she won. I got all upset so she pushed me and I grabbed her shirt instinctively, which pulled her down. She was just pretending to kiss me, I promise!" 
"Seriously? I thought you were better at making excuses. We're done. Now let go of me!"
You keep hold of her, tears unwillingly forming at your eyes. 
"Sunny...I'm not lying...please believe me! You can go ask Amber what happened. She hasn't heard any of this, so if she tells the same story, I'm being truthful. Will you at least do that?" You say desperately, and she hesitates before responding.
"Okay. I love you too much to risk it. You stay here." She says, and you nod, sitting with your feet in the pool. She walks back inside to talk to Amber, and you stare mindlessly at the sparkling water. You notice where her ring landed, and without thinking you jump into the pool with your clothes still on. You search around underwater until you feel the ring, grabbing it and rising back to the surface. You pull yourself out of the pool and shake your head like a dog, holding the ring tight in your hands. You walk over to the pool shed and grab a towel, drying yourself off a bit and walking back to where you left Sunny. You dry off more as you wait. You bend over to dry your legs, and when you stand upright again you see a teary-eyed Sunny standing at the door. She runs towards you and wraps her arms around you, sobbing into your shoulder. 
"I'm sorry, _____. I'm so sorry. Amber told me everything." She mumbles, and you stick the ring into your back pocket, holding her tight. 
"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been so rude to you this morning." You say, and she looks disbelievingly up at you.
"Are you kidding?! I was the one who was rude! All I did was yell at you and ignore you because of a small thing!" She says, looking solemnly at you. "I thought you'd break up with me for being so y. I only came here to get advice from Amber." 
Suddenly, you lean in and kiss her, grabbing her face. It's a perfect kiss, just like in the movies. Wind blows through your hair, and she goes from wide eyes to closed ones. When you part, you smile warmly at Sunny, reaching into your back pocket and grabbi

Please log in to read the full chapter