Pizza, Cake, and Champagne

Always Here
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Sunny arrived at the studio to finalize their dance before their first comeback performance, she noticed something odd. Both Taeyeon and Tiffany were avoiding each other, acting awkward. She walks up to Taeyeon, who's sitting with her back facing the door on a folding chair, and taps her on the shoulder.
"What's up with you and Tiffany? You guys seem to be avoiding each other." She says, and Taeyeon sighs, standing up. 
"Can we talk in a private space?" She asks, and Sunny nods. They walk together to the courtyard, and Taeyeon collapses onto the bench, head in her hands. Once Sunny's sat next to her, she waits a while before talking.
"...I have a crush on Tiffany." She says, and Sunny's jaw drops. 
"Tiffany?! I didn't expect that!" Sunny exclaims, and Taeyeon chuckles. 
"Really? I figured cause we always hang out and stuff it'd be obvious."
"Nope!"
"Anyway, she went to Busan last night and brought me back those spicy rice cakes I love. Then this morning when I thanked her, she acted all weird and awkward about it!"
"I think I know what's going on, Tae."
"What?!"
"She has a crush on you!"
"Stop it, Sun. I know she doesn't because I know she's straight! She has a boyfriend!"
"You sure you know?"
"Yes! Well, I think I do..."

::::::::::

Meanwhile...

"I like Taeyeon." Tiffany says, making Jessica gasp. The two of them are in an empty conference room after Jessica demanded to know why Tiffany looked upset. 
"But I thought you were straight!" Jessica says, and Tiffany avoids her eyes. 
"I may have lied to you guys about Nichkyun..."
"You 'may have'?" 
"Okay I did. He's just a friend and I'm gay. There I said it!"
"Finally!"
"Huh?"
"I've noticed you looking more at girls and saying that girls in magazines are pretty rather than the guys. I was just waiting for you to tell me you're gay!"
"I guess I was pretty obvious, wasn't I?"
"Not to everyone. But I've known you for longer than most of them, so it was pretty obvious to me. Why are you freaking out, anyway?"
"Well, I bought Taeyeon these spicy rice cakes from that shop in Busan and she wanted to thank me by taking me out for lunch and I'm so nervous I think I might explode but I don't want to be awkward but she's so pretty and I can't take it!" She yells in her classic fast-paced panic talk.
"Breathe, Fany, breathe. So you're nervous because you're going on a date with your crush?"
"IT'S NOT A DATE!" 
"So you're nervous because you're...going to lunch with your crush?"
"Yes. I got really awkward this morning and I think I might do it again! She's just so pretty and cute I get tounge-tied every time I talk to her!"
"Here's what you should do: think about what to say, breathe, and don't think about her !"
At this, Tiffany hits her softly, blushing profusely.
"Now I'm thinking about that you !"
"Is she hot?"
"Shut up. Now if I do those things, I won't mess up?"
"You shouldn't!"
"Okay."

::::::::::

As Taeyeon and Tiffany enter the pizzaria and ask the manager for a private area, both of them are shaking from nervousness. They sit down in a room separated from the rest of the restaurant across from each other, both of them not knowing what to say. Tiffany fumbles with her napkin while Taeyeon organizes her utensils into a perfect line. Remembering what Jessica had said, Tiffany decides to start the conversation.
"So...did you like your rice cakes?" She says, and Taeyeon looks up at her smiling.
"Yup! They were delish!" She says, then scolds herself internally.
Delish? What am I, the most popular brat in the 6th grade?
"I'm glad to hear that!" Tiffany says, worrying about her words herself.
What was that? I sound like an old lady.
"Did you really go all the way to Busan just for that?" Before she knew it, the words were out of Taeyeon's mouth. She panicked, thinking Tiffany would think she's stupid.
Of course she didn't go just for that!
"Um...yeah actually. I wanted to suprise you with something nice for the release of Catch Me If You Can!" Tiffany cringes mentally at her words. 
"Why just me? You didn't give anyone else stuff." Taeyeon says, and Tiffany's heart drops. 
I never thought of that! .
"Um...You're the leader so I figured you should get something!" 
Nice save, Fany. She thinks to herself. Just then the pizza arrives, and the waiter puts it in between them. Trying to avoid talking again, the both of them reach for it at the same time, grabbing the same piece. They look up at each other, and Taeyeon starts glaring at Tiffany. She glares back, and both of them start pulling on the slice. It rips in half, and Taeyeon pouts. 
"I wanted to win!" She says using aegyo. Tiffany blushes, giggling.
"Well it's a tie so too bad." She says, biting into her slice. Taeyeon picks up another slice and waves it in front of her. 
"Round 2! Fight!" She says, mimicking old fighting games. Tiffany grabs part of it and they both pull. Taeyeon gets just a piece of crust as it rips off, giving Tiffany the rest of the slice. 
"K.O.! I WIN!" She shouts, running around the room. 
"No fair! Best 3 out of 4!" She yells, getting up and chasing her. Suddenly, Tiffany trips on her bag and falls to the floor. On the way down, she grabs Taeyeon's outreached hand, but only ends up pulling her down with her. In a second, Taeyeon is laying on top of Tiffany, both of which are extremely flustered. Taeyeon goes to get up, but Tiffany's hand pushes her back down. Eyes wide, she looks down at her friend of 8+ years, who's blushing brighter than a tomato. 
"Taeyeon...I..."

:::::::::::

"_____! WHERE'S THE BUTTER?!" Shouts Sunny from the kitchen. 
"WHY?!" You yell from upstairs. 
"I'M MAKING A CAKE!"
"FOR WHAT?"
"FOR ME!"
"AND ME?"
"SURE, WHY NOT. WHERE IS THE BUTTER?"
"I PUT IT IN THE TOP LEFT DRAWER OF THE FRIDGE!"
"FOUND IT! THANKS!"
"NO PROBLEM!"

You're up in your room, doodling wedding dress designs for yourself and Sunny. You can't decide what you want, but you know Sunny would look good in a short dress or a mermaid gown. You smile to yourself, imagining her standing across from you in a white dress as you're about to be married. You cover your blushing face and flail around at the thought, falling off your chair in the process. You land on the floor with a thud, and you hear feet running up the stairs. 
"You okay babe?!" Sunny shouts, running into the room. 
"Yeah." You say, getting up and rubbing your aching . 
"How did you even fall down?" She asks, walking over to you. You rub your arm, looking at the floor in embarrassment. 
"I may have been thinking about you in a wedding dress and I may have flipped out." You say, and she giggles. 
"You're such a dork!" She says, wrapping her arms around your neck.
"No, I'm just so in love with you." You say, wrapping your arms around her waist

Please log in to read the full chapter