Together

Always Here
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning, you awake to a gasp, then evil laughter. You open your eyes to see Umji standing in the doorway, the source of the laughter. You're confused for a moment before you feel the arms around your waist. Sunny had slept over with you, and when Umji arrived that morning, she found the two of you cuddling. 
"Well well well...I guess you two couldn't stay away from each other!" Umji says, and Sunny stirs awake. "You know what this means! I hope you're ready to have everyone know that you're gay for each other!" Sunny sits up.
"So what? All you're doing is making our love stronger." She says confidently, and Umji smirks.
"For now. Pretty soon, the fans will tear you apart. They won't be able to stand you two together, and you will crumble and fall under the pressure." 
At this, Sunny stands up, walking towards Umji. She stands about a foot apart from her and stares angrily at her.
"Nothing can take me away from _____. Maybe you don't understand because you can't seem to comprehend a regular relationship, but when you have a mutual bond with someone it's not something other people can ruin. She is my everything, and I'm sure I'm hers. No petty criticism can tear us apart." She says strongly, and Umji shows weakness in her expression. "So go ahead, tell the world I'm gay. Tell them I'm in love with _____. It won't change a thing."
Umji displays one last scowl before stomping away. Sunny heads back to you and lays behind you, wrapping her arms around your waist again and kissing your neck. 
"Now we wait." She says, and you lay your hand on top of hers, intertwining your fingers. 

Not even half an hour later, one of your nurses bursts in holding her iPhone. 
"_____! Sunny! They know!" She says loudly, shoving her phone in your face. Her screen showed an article titled "Netizen Informs Public That SNSD's Sunny is Gay; Is Engaged to Mystery Girl"
"We know, Eunha. Umji told everyone." (A/N: Just gonna result to Gfriend members when I need random names) You say, and she gasps.
"Why'd she do that?!"
"We broke the contract. We figured it'd be better to just get it over with now then have to deal with it later."
"Well then, congrats, I guess!"
"Thanks Eunha."
She leaves the room and you take out your phone to read the article. 

"This morning at 9:30 AM, an anonymous user posted a topic in a forum claiming that SNSD's Sunny, known as the nation's granddaughter, was gay. She proved this claim by providing pictures that fans confirm have never been seen before. The photos show her and a mystery girl, aged about 25, kissing, hugging, and sharing food. She also claims that her and this girl are engaged as of Tuesday, March 24th. She has no photos to prove this claim, however. Netizens are awaiting a statement from SM Entertainment, who have remained silent so far. Below are some of the photos this anonymous poster showed:
   "
(A/N: Enjoy my five minute sketches ^^)

"At least they have good pictures of us." Sunny says over your shoulder, chuckling. You turn and look at her, smiling weakly. Upon seeing your face, she frowns.
"What's wrong baby?"
"I don't know...I'm just scared, I guess. It's so surreal that this is happening." You say, and she pulls you close to her.
"It'll be alright. We'll get through this together." She says, kissing your forehead softly. You cling to her, burying your face in her shoulder. She your hair comfortingly. The two of you stay like that for a while, enjoying each other's company and trying to forget what's happening.

The moment is ruined by the sound of Sunny's phone ringing. She reaches over, already knowing who it is. You hear the voice clearly, as the person is yelling.
"YOU BROKE THE CONTRACT WITHOUT TELLING US?!" The voice of Lee Sooman booms. "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO WAIT FOR OUR APPROVAL! NOW WE HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS BEFORE IT GOES OVERBOARD AND YOUR COMEBACK IS RUINED! GOD DAMN IT SUNNY!" Sunny's expression turns solemn as she sits up, and you squeeze her hand for support. 
"I-I'm sorry, Uncle. I acted without thinking. I should've asked you first." She says quietly. 
"YOU BETTER BE SORRY! WE WORKED SO HARD TO GET HER TO SIGN THAT CONTRACT AND NOW IT'S ALL FOR NOTHING! YOU COULDN'T STAY AWAY FROM YOUR FIANCÉ FOR ONE WEEK?!"
"I..I'm..."
"YOU'RE WHAT? SORRY? IS THAT ALL YOU CAN SAY?"
"Please forgive me for my actions, Uncle."
Mr. Lee sighs. 
"You know I don't like getting mad at you, Soongyu. But you really messed up this time. We might have to postpone your comeback because of this! You'd better hope the fans don't get mad. If that happens we'll have to wait until this dies down."
"I understand. All we can do now is hope for the best, right?" 
"Yeah. Now I've got to go write a statement on behalf of you."
"Okay. I'll talk to you later."
"Goodbye."
Sunny ends the call and puts her phone down, flopping back on the bed. You lay your head on her

Please log in to read the full chapter