The Ring

Always Here
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I don't know what that hot tub thing was at the end of the last chapter. I was half asleep when I wrote it. Whatever!

Later that day, you return to your studio to work again. You dust off your desk and place your sketchbook down, looking over the concepts to work on. You decide to work on Super Junior M's new comeback. You decide to make it a beach theme, with all of them in colorful swimsuits. After working for a while, you look around and decide to clean the studio up. You take out a feather duster and head up to the loft, dusting off the surfaces. You notice some wrappers and stuff on the floor and reach down to pick them up. While picking it up, you look around to see if there's anything else on the floor. You see something shining under your bookcase and reach under it to find Sunny's engagement ring. 
Huh, it must've fallen off or something. You think, pocketing it. You take out your phone and text Sunny. 

•I found your ring! It was under a bookcase in my studio. <3

::::::::

Meanwhile, Sunny' s at the recording studio recording backup vocals for the new album. She's waiting for her turn when she gets her text. She frowns in guilt from your innocence, remembering that night. She sighs, putting her phone in her pocket without answering. Taeyeon finishes her recording and sits next to her.
"Who was that from?" She asks, and Sunny shakes her head.
"Spam mail." She says, and Taeyeon shrugs. 
Suddenly, Sunny's name is called and she heads in. While she's warming up, her phone buzzes again, and Taeyeon glances at it. It's from you. 

•Sunny?

She opens her phone to tell you that she' s recording and sees your last text. She looks up at Sunny, who's singing high notes passionately, and sighs. 
What's wrong, Sunny? She thinks to herself. You've been so distant lately. 
She puts the phone back and waits for Sunny to finish singing. When she does, she motions for her to follow her out of the room for a walk. They walk around the building's outdoor courtyard, enjoying the spring weather without talking. They sit on a bench and Taeyeon speaks up. 
"What's wrong, Sunny?" She says, and Sunny looks up at her, confused. "Why'd you ignore _____'s text?"
"Why'd you look at my phone?" Sunny says back, frowning.
"I didn't. She texted me." Taeyeon lie

Please log in to read the full chapter