Chapter 9

Bloodlust

Confused I look directly at Chanyeol. “What is going on here? Do you two know each other?” I ask, suddenly feeling like the outsider. Jisung’s smirk disappeared instantly. “Anna I’m taking you home.” Jisung grabs my arm and Chanyeol stood there, frozen.

 

“Hey! Let go.” I demand from Jisung. His face didn’t look amused. “You should really watch who you hang around.” He continued to drag me, even at points where my feet were skidding across the floor. “Shut it shifter.” Chanyeol barked.

 

Everyone’s attention was now on us. Jisung’s face turns red in anger and frustration. “Don’t start what you can’t finish. Chan-yeol.” He replied with such attitude.

 

Using all my power, I break his grip on my arm. “Shut up both of you!” His eyes looked shocked unable to process my sudden rebellious actions. “Anna, come on.” Chanyeol said taking advantage of my actions. “Neither of you deserve my time!” I hiss. “If it isn’t the truth. Then it’s bull. And I don’t intend to stay here like an idiot and hear you two play with me.”

 

“Anna.” Chanyeol called, his face looking hurt. Though I felt my anger lessen seeing his face, it wasn’t enough. With the crowd staring at the scene we’ve caused, I force my way through the barrier the crowd has created.

 

Leaving them behind, I make my way past the school gates. “Hey… Are you alright?” A boy I assumed that went to my school asked. His face was hard to see past the baseball cap he wore. “That was quite a commotion those two made. They must both really like you.” He continued.

 

Even though I attempted not to seem rude my words came out so, “No they don’t. I just wanna get out of here.” I push past him. “Seriously, you should go back to them. I’m sure they have an explanation for this.” The boy says, now following me.

 

“I appreciate the tip but I really don’t want to.” I say my anger igniting once again. “Last chance.” He says almost teasingly. I look back at him, “Excuse me?” I ask my confusion and anger mixing with one another.

 

Light reflects on an object he was plunging toward me. I look past him and see Chanyeol running toward me. But it was too late, the pain coursed through my body as a knife pierced my chest. I let out a gasp as I see my blood spray out of the wound.

 

Suddenly, the boy yanks out the blade and puts his mouth on the open wound, almost as though he was drinking the blood that was spraying out of me. I lock eyes with him, his face displaying a sickening smile. In a blink of an eye, he was gone. Chanyeol reaches me with Jisung following behind him.

 

Jisung began to order someone to call an ambulance. It was then that I realize that no one but me could see Chanyeol. “.” He hissed as my vision begins to blur in and out. “Am I going to die?” I ask, my voice faint. “No.” Chanyeol said with such certainty that I can almost believe him.

 

“Anna!” Jisung says making his way beside me. “Where did Chanyeol go?” I ask wanting to confirm my suspicion. “I don’t know… He disappeared. And that was when I heard people scream.” He said his voice breaking from panic. I turn my head to look at Chanyeol who was holding my hand.

 

His face looked apologetic but also full of anger. “You’re not going to look for him.” I say in a whisper. “What?” Jisung asks crouching down to hear me. I look at Chanyeol his face had the same expression. I squeeze his hand with whatever energy I had left, “Promise me.” Chanyeol turns his head and nods. His lips on mine were the last things I remember before passing out on a gurney.