Chapter 11

Bloodlust

I take a deep breath to let everything soak in. “Then tell me Jisung, what is he?” I ask now curious about how much Jisung knew about Chanyeol. “I don’t know. I just sensed that he was different, his aura isn’t that of just any other human.” Jisung replied, getting nervous right after accidentally letting something about him slip out.  

 

“How did you know he was different? What you mean to say is that Chanyeol isn’t human, and neither are you.” I state looking Jisung straight in the eyes. “You didn’t know Chanyeol before that day right?” I ask in a softer voice, “You just knew he wasn’t human.” Jisung nodded, not letting any words escape his mouth.

 

I give him a soft smile, “let me go to Chanyeol. Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” Jisung balls up his hands in anger, but he did not protest. He nodded his head and stormed out of the room. “Are you going to tell me what you are right now? Or are you gonna wait?” I say focusing my attention to Chanyeol once again.

 

He looks at the floor, “I’ll tell you soon. I promise.” His simple answer helped lift all my doubts about him completely disappear. “Miss Young, you are officially discharged.” The doctor says, startled. “Oh uh is this gentleman helping you with the discharge?” The doctor asks looking straight at Chanyeol.

 

I am still not able to tell whether Chanyeol is appearing only to me or showing his physical body to everyone as well. “Yes doctor.” I say. Jisung never came back to see me off.

 

Getting into Chanyeol’s car I see something in the back. “Should I ask?” I say looking at him as he starts the car. “I’ll show you once we get home.” He says. I blush at what he had just said. “What?” He asks glancing at me as he drove. “You said we… and home.” I repeat knowing how ridiculous I sound.

 

He let out a booming laugh, “that’s all I have to do to make you smile?!” He asks jokingly. “

 

We stop by my apartment clearing it out. “I’m sorry for making you do this.” I say watching him go up and down the stairs as he placed my belongings into his car. “Don’t worry about it.” He chimes happily his breathing starting to get heavy.

 

As he crouched to get into the car, I cup his face with my hands. He freezes in place and looks at me. I kiss him, missing his smell and everything about him. I feel him smile under my lips and he hops into the car.

 

Before starting the car he says, “I’ve missed you so much.” A smile formed on my face as I turn a bright red color. “I missed you too.” I reply.

 

With the car parked in front of his house, he asks me to get one thing, and one thing only, the item from the back seat. Hesitant I grab what seemed to be a long staff inscribed with a language I couldn’t understand.

 

Chanyeol began to move all my boxes into the house as I walk through the front door with staff in hand.

 

After the long process, he finally closes the front door. “I guess now is good time to tell you want I am.” He says reaching over and grabbing the staff. “I’m the reaper.” He says, a blade materializing on the staff as I watch in awe.

 

What I once thought was a staff has turned into a scythe.