Chapter 25

Bloodlust

After a long night’s sleep, I force myself up from bed and head to school. Like a circus act, I managed to get every single person in school to glance at me. “Maybe they all thought I actually died…” I joke with myself.

 

Nervous to see Jaemin, I take a detour to my class to avoid any possible contact. “Welcome back Miss Young.” My professor greeted me. The auditorium where my class was held was still empty. Using this as an advantage, I choose a seat that was not my usual.

 

I hear the door creak open but I don’t bother to look up. A familiar voice easily travels through the empty room. I snap my head up to see the person who the voice belongs to. To my surprise I see the boy from yesterday having a conversation with my professor.

 

As he exits the room, I bolt up to follow him. To my misfortune, I lose him after accidently bumping into someone. “Hey Anna. I can’t believe my own girlfriend doesn’t call me after getting out of the hospital.” The man claims. “Excuse me?” I gawk confused.

 

Without meaning too, I look at him rudely, “Don’t be like this.” He says inducing more confusion in me. “What are you talking about?” I say my attention now completely invested in him. He face looks at me hurt.

 

“Gong Yoo, back off. You know that you and Anna had nothing between you two. Stop taking advantage of her condition.” Jaemin says from behind me, wrapping his arms around my shoulder. Even though, he technically never stabbed me, the memories are fresh.

 

As we walked away from Gong Yoo, Jaemin says, “I know losing Jisung was hard for you. Especially when you two were finally moving past friendship.” Upon hearing this, confusion strikes me. “Wait huh?” I ask. “You and Jisung… don’t tell me you forgot the feelings you two had for one another.”

 

I close my eyes trying to remember. New memories began to play in my head. The memories where I thought Chanyeol was supposed to be were replaced with Jisung. “I have to go.” I saw speechless, unable to think clearly. “Hey have you met the new guy?” He asks catching up to me. “No I haven’t.” I reply quickening my pace.

 

“That’s a shame apparently he’s something special, but I mean in this school, any new face would be special.” He said shrugging. I nod and head back to my classroom.

 

 

Right before entering the room, something jumped within me. Quickly, I run toward the direction my feet were taking me. Heaving for air, I find myself in a dim room. Even though there was nothing here for me, my heart continued to throb.

 

Desperate I call out to no one, “Hello?!” I say idly standing in the middle of the room, confused. The back of my ear began to throb. Suddenly the back of my ear if covered by a hand and a familiar electrifying feeling began to course through me.

 

With a clearer view, I realize that the stranger that was making me feel this way was the stranger from the hospital. Without warning, he kisses me. His lips were soft yet his kiss was forceful. Even though my mind told me to push him away, I wrap my arms around his waist pulling him closer.

 

His smell and taste is addictive. And even though he was supposedly a stranger, my body remembers him. We were now on the floor, our bodies entangled with one another. The lights turn on and we both squint at the sudden change of brightness.

 

A class of students pauses as they look at us on the floor. Some look away embarrassed and the others stared in fascination. With our faces flushed, we quickly put on our shirts and scurry out of what I now know was the music room.