Chapter 2

Bloodlust

His eyes turn red as it makes contact with the tattoo. “Woah…” I say in a whisper, my heart beating excessively. “You’re perfect.” He says letting his hands fall to his side. Without another word, he puts his hood on and turns around to exit the hallway.

 

My feet were plastered under me prohibiting me from moving so I call out to him, “WAIT!” He freezes but doesn’t turn around. “Stay.” I say, not understanding my actions. In a blink of an eye, he was only inches away from me. “How did you,” I attempt to ask.

 

Softly, he pulls my ponytail and tilts my head back, so I was looking up at him. He laces his hands into mine and hovers his lips over my tattoo. I could feel his lips form a smile as he kisses my tattoo.

 

Unable to stop myself, I close my eyes. With a sudden gust of wind, I opened my eyes; he was gone.

 

Flabbergasted, I frantically look for him. “Hey?!” I call out jogging down the hallway and out of my apartment complex. “HEY?!” Defeated, I walk toward my college campus.

 

Everything felt heavy, after a crazy morning. “ANNAAAA!” Someone says, hurling me back to reality, “MMMH?” Ji Sung rolled his eyes, annoyed. “You cannot be serious! You asked for the plans later and you weren’t even paying attention?”

 

Pushing the thoughts of the stranger to the depth of my mind I reply, “I’m sooooooooo sorry, Jiiiii Sung-aaaah.” Acting cute was never something I was good at, but since he was buying food, there was too much at risk. “Okay okay. Truce.” He says defeated.

 

“Hey are you feeling okay? You’re looking a little pale.” Ji Sung tells me, looking straight at me. The back of my tattoo began to throb, “I uh, I think I need fresh air or something.” The one thing I love about college is the ability to get up and leave the classroom without being questioned.

 

As I walk, catching my breath was getting harder and harder. As the tattoo throbbed more, breathing became more difficult. “Anna.” The stranger from this morning calls. “You again… What’s happening?” I ask knowing that he was the reason why I was feeling so feverish.

 

Putting his hands in his pockets, he gestures me to follow him. Though I was hesitant, I couldn’t resist. We stand under a large staircase, with only a few other souls around us. He pulls me closer under the staircase where no one is able to see us. Without warning, he places his hand on the small of my back.

 

Suddenly, I found myself struggling to breathe under his touch. His eyes turn crimson red, and he forcefully kisses me. Stunned I push him back gasping for air. Unfazed, he gently pins me to the wall, kissing me again.

 

All symptoms of the fever disappear instantly, replaced with his warmth. “This isn’t right. I don’t even know your name, or who you are.” I say finally breaking the spell he had on me. Even though I wanted him, I wanted him more than ever; I couldn’t let my self indulge in a stranger’s kisses.

 

He seemed hesitant, but replies, “Chan Yeol, Park Chan Yeol.” His answer was followed by a slight sheepish smile. “I don’t know what you’re doing to me. I’m not normally like this.” I say, still unable to grasp why I was acting like a ually frustrated high schooler.

 

“And aren’t you the guy from the alley…” I attempt to ask, forgetting it was a dream I continue, “ohhhh that was a dream, forget about that.” His expression was stone cold, “That was me.” His voice was deep yet silky.

 

Fear spread through me like a wild fire, “What…?” I begin to back away from him. “Look I can’t explain everything now, but let me help with your fever.” He says, stepping closer to me.

 

Confused I ask, “I have a fever? An actual fever?” He nods, “Yeah...” with no other words, he bites his lip, causing a small wound to form. Small amounts of blood began to pool around the wound. I stare at him not making a single move.

 

He inched closer and closer to me, and kisses me. Instantly, my dream began to flash before my eyes. The strange metallic liquid entered my mouth and into my throat. “It was you.” I gasp, believing what he had told me earlier.