Chapter 8

Bloodlust

A few days have passed since I began to take refuge in Chanyeol’s home. Though none of my friends have seen him, I have finally been able to put an end to their questioning, only Jisung remains.

 

“I suggest you students go home in packs due to the number of disappearances occurring in the neighboring cities.” Our professor says before ending the class. His warning caused a commotion within the class.

 

Many of the students seemed convinced that it was the doing of the rising drug rings around the cities. “No matter what your suspicions are travel with groups, it will minimize your chances of anything happening to you.”

 

Jisung looked at me with concern, “I think I should really drop you off today.” His offer was tempting, but I have not been telling him the fact that I have been staying at Chanyeol’s house for the past couple of weeks. “The crimes are getting closer and closer.” He continued.

 

I also don’t trust that Chanyeol guy. He hasn’t even shown his face to us yet.” He protested. Chanyeol has explained to me that enabling people to physically see him took a toll on his strength, which was why he tried to avoid doing so, unless necessary.

 

That was the reason why Chanyeol always wore black hooded sweaters; just to avoid any possible sip ups. So he says. “Look I appreciate it and I am eternally grateful. But I’m really okay. Chanyeol is going to pick me up today and we will-…” The look on Jisung’s face was not pleasant.

 

His face looked angry, “I want to meet him. Today. I mean it.” He fumed. Unable to reply I nod in fear, never seeing Jisung so angry before. I take out my phone and call Chanyeol. “Let me first off say that I am so sorry and that I swear I panicked.” I say before telling him what I had already agreed upon. “Jisung wants to meet you and I agreed. I’m so sorry I know you didn’t want to…” I say quickly before being cut off by Chanyeol.

 

“Alright, I’ll be there. Really be there this time.”  Chanyeol said his voice sounding confident. “Are you sure I mean you don’t have to. I can think of an excuse.” I suggest. “No I want to be there.” He reassures me before hanging up.

 

“He’s coming.” I say to Jisung. His face looked relieved but somewhat angry. “Some part of me hoped he wasn’t real.” He said. That was the first time I’ve ever seen Jisung look so disappointed.

 

After the arrangements were made, it seemed as though time was ticking by faster and faster. Some part of me really wanted to call Chanyeol and call off the meeting. Even I didn’t know the reason why I felt so against it.

 

Though I didn’t want to admit it, I wanted Chanyeol all to myself. Almost like my own little secret that no one else could have.

 

My last professor of the day finally ended class and gave the same warning as the previous, “Walk home or back into your dorms in groups. If not that, get picked up. Until they catch the culprits you all should watch out for each other.” Though it sent shivers down my back, it was quickly replaced by thoughts of what awaits me at the gates of my school.

 

“Looks like he’s a no show.” Jisung said looking at his watch. We have been waiting for 20 minutes now. The 10-minute mark was when my panic set in.

 

Suddenly, an arm wrapped around my waist pulling me close, “Chanyeol.” I gasp, so relieved to see him. He looked different. His hair was now lighter, and he wore a white crisp button up with a blazer over it.

 

“Park Chanyeol,” he said removing one of his arms from my waist and extends it toward Jisung. “Kim Jisung.” He said gripping Chanyeol’s hand and they shook hands. “So you’re the guy Anna has been running away too.” Jisung said.

 

Chanyeol rewrapped his other arm back onto my waist, “Yeah that’s me.” Though the tension was intense, I felt secure with Chanyeol’s presence.

 

“So here he is…” I say trying to ease some of the tension between them. “We can drop you off to your house.” Chanyeol offered, but not in the kindest sounding voice. “Why so fast, we only met. You have something to hide?” Jisung snapped with a smirk.

 

Letting go of my waist, Chanyeol stands in front of me to face Jisung. This prompted Jisung's smirk to form into a taunting smile. I’ve never seen Jisung look so confident. It was like looking at two dogs getting ready to attack each other.

 

“Hey… Calm it you two.” I say pulling Chanyeol away from Jisung who seemed more aggressive than ever. “Jisung.” I warn shooting him a look. “When are you planning on telling her Chanyeol?” Jisung said unfazed by my warning. Chaneyol smirked back, “Oh please like you really know. It seems like we’re both good at keeping secrets.”