Chapter 22

Bloodlust

As I watch Jaemin disappear into the distance. Chanyeol says nothing, but I knew that I was dying. The excessive amount of blood on the floor explains why I feel my body weaken by the second. “I can’t believe he would do this to me…” I say in a whisper, no energy to say to any louder.

 

“I’m sorry.” Chanyeol says kissing my forehead as I hear the ambulance’s siren blaring. As I am placed into the ambulance, Chanyeol tags along. “What is your relation with the patient?” The medical personal asks. “I’m her boyfriend.” He replies, lacing our hands together.

 

 

 

When I awaken, the room was dim, Chaneyol sleeping on one of the couches. “This room is huge…” I say, not sure whether he could hear me or not. “Hey.” Chanyeol says groggy from sleep. “You deserve the biggest room.” He says with a smile.

 

“How long have I been out?” I ask unable to recall what happened after passing out in the ambulance. “It’s been almost a week.” He says looking at his phone for confirmation. “Did you…?” I hesitate. “No I haven’t. He’s been killing humans but he leaves no traces.” Chanyeol answers my unfinished question. “I’m sorry. I just keep slowing you down.” I say apologetic.

 

“Oh you’re awake.” The nurse said smiling. “You should take it easy. You lost so much blood and your wounds, until now, have not healed. You are lucky to be alive.” She continues as she injects my IV with solution.

 

 

When the nurse leaves, Chanyeol walks closer to my bed. He leans in and kisses my lips. As we kiss, his smell fills my nose and even when I know I’m injured, I can’t keep my hands off of him.

 

Even when he tries to pull away, I weakly pull him closer and he doesn’t protest. Finally when we are both out of breath, he hugs me gently. “You are so damn beautiful.” Chanyeol says gently brushing the hair off of my face.

 

A doctor comes into the room. Chanyeol steps away from my bed to make room for him to pass. “I heard you were awake.” The doctor says.

 

With quick movement, an object pierces through Chanyeol’s chest. His blood sprays out of the wound, covering me in it. I look down at my clothes and my hands, which are now covered in Chanyeol’s blood. My eyes start to water from fear and confusion.

 

The room darkened and the doctor’s clothes turned black. “HELP!” I screeched hoping someone would hear me, but it became apparent that we were no longer in the hospital.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t answer me and just looks at the figure. “You are neglecting your duties as the reaper. Humans are dying and the balance continues to be broken, yet you do not fix it.” The voice boomed. Chanyeol does not address the figure by name, but I knew that the figure had powers neither Chanyeol nor I could comprehend.  

 

“Consider this wound as punishment. I will kill the remaining ghoul in this city but because you have chosen a life amongst humans,” he spat. “Your life will depend on them as well.” He said. Gripping Chanyeol’s head with his large palm, a blinding flash illuminates the room. Chanyeol’s once crimson red eyes turned dark brown and rolled back into his head.

 

Chanyeol’s body was limp on the floor as the figure stood in front of it, unfazed. “What did you do!?” I screamed angrily, ignoring the sharp pain that shot through my body.