Chapter 10

Bloodlust

“Have you heard from him at all?” I hear a hushed voice ask someone else in the room. My eyes slowly open, and I see Jisung and my friend Minhee standing over me. “No, not ever since that day.” Jisung answered. “What is this…?” I ask my voice quieter than I had expected.

 

Their eyes widen in surprise, “You’re awake!” Minhee screeched in excitement, her eyes instantly watering. “What happened?” I ask feeling how weak my body has become. Minhee wiped her eyes as Jisung explained. “You have been asleep for a little over a week now.”

 

“What?” I gasp. “We’ve been waiting for you to wake up.” Minhee said with a beautiful smile on her face. “Where is he?” I ask. They knew instantly whom I was referring to. “I haven’t seen him since that day.” He continued.

 

“We’ll be back. We’re going to tell the doctor you’re awake.” Jisung says before I could ask any more questions about Chanyeol. I knew Chanyeol had been here, he just didn’t let himself be seen by others. Wanting to see him, I touch the tattoo behind my ear.

 

Letting my breathing slow down, I close my eyes again, but making sure I don’t fall back to sleep. A few moments pass and I hear the door open, there he was.

 

Chanyeol’s smile alone made my heart jump. His face looked tired, “Hey.” I greet all my anger from before the attack had already passed. “I’ve missed you.” He said walking over to me and kissing my forehead. “Are you alright? You look tired and unwell.” I say concerned. “That’s supposed to be my line.” He replied letting out a small lovable giggle.

 

A smile formed onto my face as I sit up. “What happened?” I ask feeling a small ache around my chest. “You were stabbed that day. And you lost a lot of blood. I couldn’t help… I.” He says quickly looking at my face. “Don’t beat yourself up about it. This wasn’t your fault.” I say wrapping my arms around him.

 

“You don’t know how much I’ve missed you.” He says hugging me back. “Don’t ever leave my sight again. When you get discharged, you are moving in with me.”

 

I let out a laugh, “Seriously?” He looks at me with a small gentle smile. “Yes… Hopefully you take the offer.” Though my doubts were still there, I couldn’t help but nod in agreement. He instantly kisses me, entwining our hands together.

 

The door cracks open and he slowly breaks our kiss. “Jisung.” I say looking toward the door. “The doctor is here to check whether to discharge you or not.” Jisung says looking at me with kind eyes.

 

He looked right passed Chanyeol, which confirmed what I had earlier suspected. Chanyeol has only been visiting me in a way where only I could see him. “Your vitals look great and your wound is healing nicely. I will discharge you if you wish or you may stay here a few more nights.” The doctor says writing down my vitals onto my patient information form.

 

“I would like to be discharged.” I say with a smile. The doctor nods and heads out of the door to make the arrangements. Chanyeol smiles beside me. “I don’t think it’ll be safe for you to go home just yet. I think you should head over to my place for a while.” Jisung suggests, causing Chanyeol’s attention to quickly turn from me to Jisung.

 

I shake my head gently, “it’s fine. I have a safe place to go.” I reply. Jisung’s expression hardened, “Chanyeol’s?” He says dismissingly. “Yes. I’m sorry. I know you’re not happy but I just really want to be there.” I say apologetically. “No.” He replies.

 

“Jisung-ah.” I say angered at the fact that he wouldn’t listen to me. “He hasn’t even visited you and you want to go live with him?!” He yelled angrily. “It’s not like that. He cares for me. Please. I’ll explain to you the situation if you just let me.” I beg. “No!” He repeats angrier.

 

I let out a sigh bracing myself, “I was living with Chanyeol a few weeks even before the attack.” I try to inform Jisung as nicely as I could. “YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS. YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT GUY EVEN IS! HE ISN’T HUMAN!” He barked.

 

Even though I knew Chanyeol wasn’t human, it was completely different hearing it come out of someone else’s mouth.