Chapter 4

Bloodlust

Kicking frantically, I attempt to loosen the stranger’s grip on my neck. “Let go!” I yelp, his grip tightening even more. He moves his face toward the nape of my neck. Two sharp points began to hover over it. When I realized it was his teeth, I let out one last scream. Before he could sink his teeth into my neck, a blunt force caused both of us to hit the floor.

 

Chanyeol was now in front of me, separating the stranger and I. A streak of blood now stains the once pristine white floor. Instinctively I check my body for any open wounds. Touching my head, I feel a warm liquid soaking a part of my hair, blood. The stranger’s eyes went from a cold black to the same crimson color of Chanyeol’s.

 

The stranger leapt right onto Chanyeol, with a loud smack ringing into my ears. Suddenly, they disappear right before my eyes. Getting up instantly, I frantically search for them. “Chanyeol!” I shout as a gust of cold winter air bites my cheeks.

 

A loud sound of bricks breaking echoed through the dark night, causing me to run toward it. Just like the night I found Chanyeol, I found myself standing in a dark alleyway. They exchange punches that should have knocked out a typical human being. Seeing them fight, I realize that they could not be human.

 

The stranger let out a sharp taunting laugh. “You can’t be serious!” He continued, his focus now on me. “You my friend came out of no where. Did you mark that girl? Is that why you’re here?” He asked Chanyeol, but never taking his eyes off of me.

 

Chanyeol now turned his attention to me, his eyes widen, surprised to see me. “Shut up.” He replied now staring angrily toward the stranger. “I came to get something to eat and now I find myself fighting you. Tell me, is her blood delicious?”

 

“You, get out of here.” Chanyeol commanded enraged, looking at me. My mind told me to run, but my feet were plastered to the floor. While Chanyeol was distracted, the stranger leapt onto me knocking both of us over. His fangs were an inch away from my neck. Suddenly, the stranger froze. He stared at me, but his once crimson eyes slowly began to turn grey. Chanyeol stood over us his expression stone cold.

 

Blood began to quickly drip down the stranger’s eyes and nose, and onto my face and clothes. I notice an object sticking out of the stranger’s chest. Chanyeol was unfazed by the blood, looking straight ahead. My body began to shake uncontrollably. Chanyeol pushed the body, causing it to fall beside me. The stranger’s blood covered me as Chanyeol offered his hand to help me up.

 

Pushing it aside, I pick myself up still shaking. “You… you- you killed him.” I stuttered due to the fear that was now consuming me.