Chapter 12

Bloodlust

“A reaper…” I say still looking at the now intimidating scythe that Chanyeol holds in his hand. “Not a reaper… but the reaper.” He corrects. My body began to shake as my mind processes what he has just told me.

 

“You kill people?” I blurted out. His face looked hurt but he answers, “No I don’t kill people they are already dead. All I do is guide them to where they need to go.”

 

Taking a deep breath I sit on the couch to calm my self. Moments later Chanyeol sits beside me, but keeping a distance just in case I was afraid of him. “At least I don’t need to drink your blood?” He adds attempting a lame joke, which still manages to make me crack a smile. “THE reaper huh.” I repeat. “Do you think Jisung picked up on what supernatural being you are?” I ask laying my head on his lap.

 

He was surprised at what I had done, “You aren’t scared?” He gasped looking down at my face. I shake my head; there was no reason to be scared. Instead of an answer, I grab his shirt and pull his head down.

 

Even though his lips were cold, something about him felt so warm. Getting up from his lap, I get on top of him and we continue to kiss. I had not truly realized how much I’ve missed him up until this moment.

 

A knock on the door caused us to jump. Catching our breath, we stop what we are doing. We laugh when we realize that we were looking at each other’s almost body. Hobbling around, we gather and put on the clothes that were scattered all over the floor. “Is having a six pack mandatory for being a reaper?” I ask right before he pulled his shirt over his body.

 

He smiles, “No, but I’m glad you like it.” Not expecting such a response, blood began to rush to my face. As we make our way to the door, Chanyeol sweeps me up into his arms. I wrap my legs around his waist and lay my head at the nape of his neck. Just like that, we walk the rest of the way to the door.

 

Right before opening the door, he puts me down. I open the door, “Park residence.” My smile falls when I see Jisung at the door. “Jisung-ah.”

 

I instantly feel Chanyeol’s arm wrap around my waist pulling me away from the door. Jisung falls to the floor face down, his shirt slashed in the back. “Oh my goodness!” I shriek in panic. I collapse onto the floor checking on Jisung’s pulse.

 

“Stay here.” Chanyeol warned, his voice stern. “Okay.” I say pulling Jisung further into the door. As Chanyeol goes into the dark streets, I tear Jisung’s shirt completely. The wound looked as though a human hand caused it.

 

There were clear scratch marks on his back, they were deep but there was barely any blood visible. His pulse was low, so faint, that I knew what was going to happen. My composure broke, and a sob escaped from me. “He’s dead.” Chanyeol said closing the door behind him.

 

Checking Jisung’s pulse one more time, Chanyeol was right. “How do you…?” I ask. “I can see him looking over his own body.” Chanyeol says, looking at an empty space just above where Jisung’s body lies.

 

Chanyeol’s face became stone cold as he picked up the staff on the floor. The staff turns into a scythe once again, but this time tears were running down my face.