Chapter 18

Bloodlust

“No.” Chanyeol said stiffening. “What do you mean no?!” I whisper unable to control myself. I jump up from my seat like what everyone expected me to do. Their eyes shift from me to Jisung. My classmates were as surprised and confused as I was.

 

I attempt to go down the auditorium stairs and toward Jisung when Chanyeol grabs my arm. “Chanyeol.” I say looking at him confused. “It’s Jisung.” I continue my eyes tearing up. Jisung began to make his way up to Chanyeol and I.

 

My heart began to pound as my friend, who I once thought was died, made his back to me. The class calmed but it did not stop the stare that followed Jisung’s every move. Jisung’s face was now only inches away from mine, and I was speechless.

 

Chanyeol let go of my hand. Jisung wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped mine around him. My hands were shaking from shock. Then suddenly something clicked inside me, “You’re not Jisung.” I say as the person pulled away from me. A sickening smile was placed on Jisung’s face. “Honki…” I gasp.

 

“You are just too damn clever.” Hongki said, even his voice sounded exactly like Jisung’s. Suddenly, Hongki kisses me with Jisung’s lips. “HEY!” Chanyeol yelled, his voice booming through the auditorium.

 

The whole class has stopped to watch what was unfolding. “YOU THREE. GET OUT OF MY CLASS!” The teacher said unable to put up with our distracting behavior.

 

Jisung’s grip around me was strong and pressed against the bruises from last night. “GET OFF OF HER DAMMIT!” Chanyeol barked, breaking Hongki’s grip from my body. Instinctively I wipe my mouth; this is not Jisung.

 

Chanyeol grabbed Hongki by his collar and began to drag him out of the classroom. Keeping a distance, I follow them out. “What kind of sick joke is this?!” Chanyeol demanded. “I knew drinking that shifter’s blood was going to be useful. Now I can transform into his physical body anytime I want…” Hongki taunted.

“Oh come now. What’s with that expression Anna?” Hongki asked with Jisung’s precious voice. “Shut up.” I say, hot tears of anger streaming down my face. “Stop using Jisung to tease us.” I warn feeling my blood boil. “OR WHAT?” He continues.

 

Chanyeol pushed me back. “You’re going to kill me here and now reaper?” Hongki continued to tease. “I’m going to-.” Chanyeol attempts to say before being interrupted. “Jisung?!” Classmates begin to ask as they pile up around us.

 

“Oh hey guys.” Hongki said taking over Jisung’s identity. “Where have you been? We thought you died. Like really died.” One of them said. “Oh don’t believe that. I just took a little break.” Hongki continued with his sickening lies.

 

“I wanted to comeback for someone.” Hongki said pointing at me, instantly making Chanyeol defensive. Jisung’s classmates began to feel the tension and bowed before taking their leave.

 

Hongki waved and focused his smile back at Chanyeol and me. “See… That was easy. I’m practically Jisung. Right best friend or should I say the love of my life?” Hongki said only looking at me, sending shivers down my spine.