Chapter 19

Bloodlust

I ball my hands into a fist feeling my anger seething through me. “You son of a . How dare you.” I say my teeth clinched in anger. “You can take his face, but you’ll never be him.” My breathing became quick and my heart pounded from anger.

 

Chanyeol wrapped his arms around my hip and guided me away from Honki who smiled at me with my best friends face. “You can’t get angry here. Not with everyone practically watching us like hawks.” Chanyeol said as he walked us back into the classroom to gather our things. “Babe, please.” He said as he stood in front of the door.   

 

Letting out a sigh, knowing that he was right. It was too much of a scene considering how close I was with Jisung. Adding to that I knew that people think I am in a domestic abusive relationship with Chanyeol because of all of the bruises from the night before.  

 

 

 

“Hey…” Chanyeol said as he sat beside me on the couch. “Babe… I’m sorry this had to happen. I didn’t know they fed on Jisung.” Chanyeol apologized. “Don’t apologize. This isn’t your fault.” I say giving him a faint smile. I kiss his forehead then his cheeks. Finally his lips, “I love you.” I whisper.

 

He gives me a warm smile, “I love you too.” But his face seemed sad. “What’s wrong?” I asked looking at him. “As the reaper, my job is to restore balance… Not live happily ever after.” He says avoiding my eyes. “You’re going to be leaving…” I say finally realizing the sick fairytale I’m living.

 

His eyes finally met mine and he nodded slowly. “It’s fine. I’m fine.” I say reassuring him, sweeping his bangs away from his eyes. A doorbell rang through the house, which caused Chanyeol and me to look at the front door. Instantly I could feel the tension.

 

We walk toward the door carefully as Chanyeol grips his staff tightly. Before opening the door, he places his hood onto his head. “Hongki.” I gasp seeing Soomin and Jaemin behind him as they mug Chanyeol and me.

 

“Who the hell is Hongki?” Soomin asked, her sharp attitude annoying as ever. Chanyeol lowered his staff and hood. “What are you all doing here?” Chanyeol asked, his voice angry, demanding an answer.

 

“Not even an invite Chanyeol? That’s not a nice way to greet Anna’s close friends. I mean… She DOES live here too.” Hongki teased still pretending to be Jisung. Soomin’s eyebrows arched at this statement, “You two live together?” She asked, rolling her eyes.

 

With no choice, we welcomed all of them into the house and the urge to kill Hongki grew more and more intensely within me.