Chapter 17

Bloodlust

They looked at one another with sweat running down their faces. “…” Hongki hissed knowing the situation that they have entered. The brothers slowly began to walk backwards, not wanting to start a chase.

 

With his crimson eyes, Chanyeol began to walk toward the brothers, fearless. “Ghouls shouldn’t be feeding on the living. You both have committed crimes that cannot be forgiven by the natural order.” Chanyeol said, a black aura flaming out of his body.

 

I watch in amazement, as Chanyeol fully transformers into the reaper. As the brothers quickly turn around to make a run for it, Chanyeol throws his scythe at the youngest brother. The older brother glances quickly at his younger brother’s fallen body, but runs out of the house with lightening speed.

 

The scythe was lodged in Minki’s back. “Damn you reaper!” Minki growled as he crawled on the white floor leaving a black steak of blood as he moved. “As the reaper, it is my duty to rid of the supernatural creatures that harm this world.” Chanyeol said, his voice full of authority.

 

Instead of walking toward Chanyeol and Minki, I keep my body planted where it was. “My brother is going to kill her.” Minki’s booming laugh echoed throughout the whole house. Chanyeol picked up the scythe and bowed before delivering the last blow that killed Minki.

 

“Anna, get me that metal trashcan over there… and the lighter fluid.” Chanyeol said putting his hood down, his eyes back to their dark brown shade. “Okay.” I reply as he closes all the windows that were open.

 

He placed the body into the trashcan and burned it. “Fire and decapitation is one of the only ways to kill ghouls.” Chanyeol said answering the question that lingered in my head. The word decapitation caused an image of the girl that Chanyeol killed earlier at the staircase to flash in my mind. Quickly, I brushed the image away, “Are you alright?” I ask as I wrap my arm around his waist.

 

His smile was soft as he placed his hand on my face. “Are you?? I’m sorry I took so long to get down stairs.” He apologized looking at me attentively. I felt my body ache but I refused to leave his side, “I’m fine.” I say.

 

 

 

Before putting on all of my clothes, I look at my body, which was covered in fresh bruises from last night. “Do you think you can make it to school?” Chanyeol asked as he gently the bruise on the side of my face.

 

“Babe, I’ll be fine.” I say kissing him on the cheek. “Now toss me my pants.” I ask. Instead, he picks me up and softly tosses me onto the bed. “We’re going to be late for class!” I yelp in between his kisses.

 

As he kisses me, he swiftly puts my pants on for me. With a final kiss, he helps me off the bed.

 

With my sunglasses over my face, we walk hand and hand into the classroom. A blunt force bumps into me, knocking my sunglasses off. Everyone gasps as the bruise on my face was now displayed for everyone to see. Quickly, I place the sunglasses back on.

 

The gossips begann instantly, and I feel Chanyeol’s hand grip mine tighter as we sit in our seats. Even though they whispered quietly, the damage was done. They suspect that Chanyeol was the one who had caused the bruise on my face.

 

“Excuse me who are you again?!” The teacher’s question echoes throughout our whole auditorium. My hands began to shake as my heart began to pound in disbelief. “Jisung.” I gasp.