Chapter 1

Bloodlust

Shaking, I walk toward the body. He was soaked in a pool of blood, but his back moved up and down, as though he was breathing.

 

“Hey… Are you okay?” I ask, now standing in front of the body itself.  His face was covered in blood, and his breathing started to slow down.

 

Confused, I shake his shoulder unable to think of anything else. Suddenly, his eyes shoot open; dark crimson irises stare violently into mine. “Ahhhhhh!” I yelp, his grip bruising my arm. Jerking it back with all my might, I was able to break his grip.

 

Not looking back, I run toward the street where I came in.  Something yanks my hood, my back now on the floor. The face that was on the floor is now looking over me, only inches away from my own.

 

My body was numb, almost paralyzed, his hands now covering my eyes. Unable to see anything, I feel cold lips cover mine.  A sense of panic begins to coarse through me. A familiar yet strange metallic taste passes through my tongue and into my throat.

 

I was lifted off the ground, and then everything went black.

 

An alarm blared into my ear, causing me to jerk up. Gasping, I frantically look at my surrounding, “I’m in my room… What a terrible nightmare.” My clothes are soaked in sweat and so is my hair. In frustration I walk to my bathroom and stare at myself in the mirror. My lips were covered in dried blood. A pang of panic raced through my body.

 

Washing off the blood, I see a small wound. I must’ve bit my lip in my sleep I realize brushing it off, I head into the shower. After getting dressed, a throbbing in the back of my ear became prominent.

 

“What the hell?!” I gasp, looking at a phoenix tattoo placed behind my ear. It began to glow, when all the sudden a knock on my front door broke the trance I was in. A man in his early 20’s stood in front of my apartment door. His face was flawless which made his simple style almost luxurious.

 

“You called?” He asked looking at me with concern. Confused, I ask, “Not to be rude, but I don’t even know you…” His eyebrows furrow, almost as though he was hurt. Without a word, he reaches over and touches the tattoo behind my ear. My initial reaction was to swat his hand away, but his touch felt electrifying.