Chapter 14

Bloodlust

After a long discussion about why Jisung was killed, I found out that he was actually a shifter, which gave him the ability to change his physical body to any living thing he pleased. “Do you think it was a type of bounty?” I ask still confused. “Though it may hurt to hear, I think he was killed because of his connection to you.” Chaneyol whispered as we sat in our English class.

 

“Let’s not talk about this now. Shouldn’t you be taking notes or something?” He asks obviously bored out his mind. “Fine. But shouldn’t you be taking notes too?” I say watching the professor as he enthusiastically taught the class. Chanyeol’s eyebrow arched, “No way. Are you serious?” I roll my eyes in disbelief.

 

He saw this and quickly held my hands to make amends. “Do you think I’m that smitten with you that holding my hand would make me forget my irritation with you?” I say flabbergasted. “Noooo. But I think this will.” He says reaching over to my right ear, where the tattoo was. His hand began hoovering over the tattoo, which electrified my body.

 

Pushing him, I try to get him to drop his hands. “Chanyeol!” I hiss warning him, not wanting to give in to his tease. Throughout the whole period he continued to tease me, even with my protests.

 

 

 

As Chanyeol and I walk through the hall, I could feel a sharp stare stabbing my back. “Hi Soomin and Jaemin.” I greet my friends. “You know Jisung just died, and you may not have seen it but we all knew how much he liked you.” They shot at me. Their voices ice cold. I could feel Chanyeol’s hand grip mine little harder after hearing what my friends were telling me.

 

“I’m sorry I—,” I say wanting to make amends with some of the only friends I have left. “Save it. You and Chanyeol can act all happy now that Jisung is no longer here. If that boy liked you so much, why did he never show his face when Jisung was still alive? Or did you just enjoy having both of them in the palm of your hands.”  Soomin said continuing to degrade me.

 

I could feel Chanyeol’s temper rise. “Lee Soomin.” I warn squeezing Chanyeol’s hand to keep him from jumping in. “How dare you say this to me? You didn’t know Jisung and me long enough to say this to me!” I continue, seeing Chanyeol’s shocked face.

 

“We knew you both long enough!” Soomin screeched in frustration, causing a scene. “Shut up!” I bark, my patience no longer existent. The anger I had suppressed has finally made it to the surface. “You can have your happiness on top of Jisung’s dead body! He hasn’t even been gone for a month Anna and you are already acting as though you never knew him!!!!!” Soomin continued.

 

Her words stabbed me right in the heart, cutting all of my self-control. Instead of a slap, my fist flew with power even I didn’t know was in me. “Jisung would be disappointed to see you two. It sickens me to think you were my friends.” I hiss staring Soomin down as she lies on the floor from the impact of my punch. Her nose bled as she stared at me with anger and horror.

 

“Jaemin, get her up. This warning is for the both of you. Don’t you ever, EVER, come near me or Chanyeol again.” I warn, seeing the crowd’s shocked expression. Hot tears roll down my face, frustration and anger fusing together. “Anna,” Chanyeol says jogging to catch up to me. “Are you... alright?” He asks his voice slightly hesitant.

 

He sits me down. I look at my right hand, which made the collision with Soomin’s face. It was red and shaking. Even I couldn’t believe what I had done. Chanyeol followed my gaze and sees my hand. “Does it hurt??” He asks in a panic.  “Yeah. But life has just been so unfair.” I say falling into Chanyeol’s arms.