Chapter 23

Bloodlust

The figure turned his attention to me, “You bare a large responsibility for what has happened to this reaper. He will not remember you, if he survives. That is the punishment that I will bestow upon you.” He says.

 

“Wait! Please no.” I beg. “What is done is done. Now the balance shall return to its natural order.” The figure says before the room becomes pitch black.

 

A bright light awakens me. “Hello Ms. Young. I’m here to check on your vitals.” The same nurse from before the reaper incident occurred said. “Did you see a man in his 20’s around here??” I gasp as she checks my blood pressure. “A man in his 20’s? I’m afraid not. But I’m happy to tell you that your wounds are almost completely healed.”

 

“Wait what? That can’t be right. You told me just a while ago that my wounds were not healed yet.” I say confused. “Well we last spoke three weeks ago I’m afraid… You went into a coma after awakening that night.” She says her eyebrows furrowing together in concern.

 

A surge of panic coursed through my body. Images flashed in my mind about what had last happened. “Though this may seem sudden, you recovered miraculously. And are ready for discharge.” The nurse said with a smile. The image of the figure popped into my head, did he cure me… only to punish me by taking Chanyeol away from me? I ask myself.

 

I sign the papers to be discharged and got a cab to the home Chanyeol and I shared. Instinctively I look into my purse to find the key missing. The door suddenly opens and a woman in her 50’s stood before it, “Hi where is the owner of the house?” I ask confused. “My husband and I are the owners of the home dear, we’ve lived here for almost 10 years.” She says kindly.

 

Not wanting to protest, I bow and make my way to my old apartment. I look into the plant pot that was beside my door to find my old spare key. My apartment looked exactly like it did before I moved with Chanyeol.

 

Though I was hesitant, I dial Jaemin’s number, desperate for answers. “Jaemin-ah…” I say after his greeting. “Hey are you alright. I know survivor’s guilt is hard to beat… But I know you’ll be okay.” Jaemin says, instantly confusing me.

 

“What are you talking about?” I ask in confusion. “You, Soomin, and Jisung went out and you were all attacked by some maniac… you were the only survivor.”  Jaemin continued to fill me in. “How about Chanyeol?!” I ask desperately, with tears flowing from my eyes.

 

There was silence on the phone, “Who is Chanyeol? Anna… are you alright? Do you want me to come over?” He asks. Even though he probably doesn’t remember impaling me with a knife and almost killing me… I do. I decline his offer and hang up the phone.

 

I felt a sick pit in my stomach after hearing everything Jaemin had just told me. “Did Chaneyol survive?? Did he die??” I continue to ask myself as I remember the image of Chanyeol’s blood covering me. My tears begin to flow even faster from the devastation of reality.

 

Even if Chanyeol did survive, he won’t remember me. Nor will he even notice me. Suddenly remembering, tinges of hope surges through me. I run to the bathroom to see if the tattoo that Chanyeol marked me with was still behind my ear.

 

When I saw the reflection, my heart broke. Without the tattoo, not a single trace of Chanyeol exists except in my memories. 

 

 

 

*** AUTHOR: If you guys haven't listened to EXO's new album Exodus... You SHOULD. Chanyeol sings in some of the songs. TT__TT 

I died hearing his voice. But anyways I hope you guys like this chapter <3 Thank you for the continuous support.