Chapter 16

Bloodlust

Breathing heavily I crawl anywhere I could, as pain shoots through my body.

 

As I crawl I could feel blood drip from my nose. In an instant, the lights turn on causing my eyes to squint from the sudden change of brightness. Standing across the room were two males who are now all too familiar.

 

There faces looked nervous almost as though they were not expecting the lights to turn on so soon. They quickly change their expressions and the older looking one says, “Well I guess this is the perfect time for introductions, Song Hongki.” I recognize that voice anywhere. He was the one who stabbed me and the person beside him was the one who had attacked me at the karaoke bar.

 

The younger one’s face turned bitter as he introduced himself, “Song Minki, the kid who you tried to kill.” Shocked I say, “You were the one who tried to kill me!” They seemed to have enjoyed this because once they heard my reply; they looked at one another and slowly began to make their way towards me again.

 

As they got closer, a body fell to the ground separating me from them. Her body was limp and her head was mangled from what I presume to be from her and Chanyeol’s fight. The mens’ expressions changed immediately. They were no longer as confident as before. They run toward the body in anger and panic. Seeing this, I knew Chanyeol was back at my side.

 

“Did you really think she was going to be able to kill me?” Chanyeol’s reassuring voice called from the top of the staircase. The two men looked at him with despise. “You my sister’s dead because of you!” Minki barked running toward Chanyeol with lightening speed. “MINKI!” Hongki called out but it was too late.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes turned a bright crimson color as he lunged forward to respond to Minki’s attack. He tried to land a punch on Chanyeol’s face, but failed.

 

Not turning his staff into a scythe, Chanyeol hit Minki so hard the sound echoed throughout the house. Remembering, I look for Hongki who was now nowhere to be found along with the dead girl’s body.

 

Minki backed away from Chanyeol after taking hit after hit. “What the hell.” Minki gasped, “Why are you so strong. What exactly are you?!” He barked. Happily, Chanyeol put on his hood, and I knew what was going to come.

 

He brought up his staff from his side and this time the scythe materialized. Now Hongki was back inside the house without the body. “You tried to eat a girl associated with the reaper!” Hongki yelled angrily at Minki.

 

They were now shaking in fear unable to fathom what they had just gotten themselves into.