Chapter 21

Bloodlust

Once we knew all three of them were far away enough to have separated from one another, Chanyeol and I made our way into the streets.

 

I took Chanyeol’s hand, frightened. Something about tonight does not feel right. “Are you alright?” He asked as we continue down the road searching for Hongki. “Something doesn’t feel right…” I confess. “Don’t worry I’ll protect you.” As reassuring as Chanyeol was, there is something that continues to bug me.

 

“Chanyeol…” I say squinting seeing a suspicious figure. We run toward it as Chanyeol prepares his scythe. “Soomin-ah.” I call out from the distance seeing the familiar coat. As soon as I say her name, her body collapses onto the floor. “Soomin-ah?!” I gasp now sprinting toward her body.

 

“Anna!” Chanyeol hollers wanting me to slow down. “She’s dead.” I say as her body lies lifelessly under the street lamp. It was so late at night that there is no one else around us to ask what had happened. Shaken, I look at Chanyeol confused. “He’s going to kill Jaemin too isn’t he?” I ask coming to terms with the situation.

 

Chanyeol lets out a sigh and stands before Soomin’s body. “You’re right, she’s dead.” He says confirming what I had just said. “She wondering over there…” Chanyeol said point at a dark area of the sidewalk. Only Chanyeol is able to see her, “Soomin-ah… I’m sorry.” I apologize looking at the area Chanyeol had just pointed out.

 

A bright flash of light blinded me, and I knew Soomin has moved on. Shortly after, I take my phone out as Chanyeol calls the police to report Soomin’s body. “Jaemin!” I say as soon as the call was answered. “What’s up Anna?” Jaemin asked.

 

“Where are you?!!!!” I frantically ask unable to compose myself. “I’m with Soomin.” Jaemin said, sending chills down my spine. “Ah. I see. She left something at my house. Can I meet you guys so I can give it to her.” I say making an excuse. “Oh we’re near the gas station right after leaving the Estates.” He informed me.

 

“Chanyeol!” I call out. “I think Hongki shifted into Soomin’s body. He’s going to kill Jaemin next.” I say breathlessly. “Let’s go.” Chanyeol said guiding us toward their location.

 

When we find them, laughter was in the air. “Jaemin-ah.” I call out cautiously walking toward them along with Chanyeol. “Uh okay?” He says walking toward me. Chanyeol walks toward Hongki, who now looks like Soomin.

 

Jaemin does not see Chanyeol, which gives Chanyeol the ability to walk toward Hongki with ease. With Jaemin beside me, Hongki and Chanyeol begin to circle each other ready to fight.

 

But right before Chanyeol was going to strike, a smile broke out on Hongki’s face. “What the…” I whisper, and a sudden blow to my head caused me sprawl onto the floor. Then just as quickly a large knife is plunged into my chest and stomach. Chanyeol turned his attention from Hongki to Jaemin. Without hesitation, Chanyeol sprinted and grabbed Jaemin by the throat. Chanyeol’s eyes turned crimson red and a black aura began to radiate from his body

 

Jaemin gasped in fear, “How did you… What are you?” Jaemin gasped through his crushed airways. I knew now that Chanyeol has made himself visible. Again Hongki has escaped from our grasp.

 

“Jaemin-ah.” I gasp dying on the floor. “He promised me immortality.” Jaemin confessed looking at me with stone cold eyes. Tears began to flow down my eyes. “Because of the natural order, I cannot kill you, but if I see you again you petty human; I will no longer up hold that law.” Chanyeol warned striking Jaemin in the face so hard that Jaemin lost consciousness.