Chapter 21

BEAUTIFUL HYUNG

Baekhyun swallow hard his food, shocked a little at what chanyeol just ask.

 

He sure have an overflowing feelings for the younger, he sure can’t imagine another hour wasted without chanyeol’s presence that now he is here with him, he sure just as madly in love as the younger is.

 

But, to take another little step away from where they are right now, it’s really too much for baekhyun.

He just never can vision a life without chanyeol, also he just can’t even vision a life where people looking down on him for holding the heart of the person with the same gender as him.

He just never, never in his lifetime, ever imagines himself going public about his uality.

 

To admit that he’s in love with chanyeol, baekhyun could never deny it any more, he doesn’t want to run away from the truth of his true feeling anymore.

But, to admit to the world about his sin, he’s not ready for that.

Its too much, thinking about how the society would react to his odd uality, he doesn’t want that thought coming back, clouded his brain and made him lost his chanyeol again, because in the first place, the ugly thought about society is what makes baekhyun backed away from his feeling, and ran away like a coward he is, leaving the younger alone and lost.

 

Sure, its only a simple date that chanyeol ask.

But his mental is not prepared for that, he was and still is afraid of everything, he admits. He was and still is the coward who left chanyeol years ago.

And being a coward seems like a safe option right now.

 

Not that he doesn’t love the younger as much, it’s just him.

 

“Or... Not”

chanyeol breaks the silence that suddenly seems like choking both of them, he throws the older a hesitant smile.

 

Baekhyun exhale heavily as his body slump down the chair he sits on, face drained from all the brightness and colourful emotions he had just before chanyeol ask him a simple date for the sake of old feelings that need to be renew.

And suddenly all the brightness replaced by a dull complicated emotions that the younger is too young to understand, or too in love to actually give some mind.

 

“yeol…”

And then baekhyun starts, droopy eyes staring seriously at the younger that currently forcing him self to eat the breakfast, losing his apatite as the atmosphere changed.

There in baekhyun eyes, chanyeol see the same hesitant eyes that he remember clearly in the back of his mind since the last time he met with the older eyes years ago, just before the older left him without giving him a simple chance to say a proper farewell.

Chanyeol wants to tear away his gaze, he really did, and god knows how he hates to see those same looks from baekhyun.

But then bakehyun continue, failing chanyeol urge to break away their staring contest.

 

“Can… can we not… can we take this thing slowly? This whole relationship thing slowly?”

chanyeol almost want to punch the wall nearby, because just how can baekhyun call this beautiful bond between them that he always cherish the most as a thing ? Just how can baekhyun called all this storm-like feelings a thing? But then again, baekhyun ask him with pleading eyes, hopeful for his wish to be granted, and chanyeol being a man in love he is, only nods as he swallow the lump in his throat, almost crying at the fact that baekhyun is not changing a bit, still the coward who fear of everything from three years a go.

 

Chanyeol is not as young and naïve as baekhyun thought he is, he knew everything, he knew why baekhyun ran away, he knew why baekhyun ask him to not look for him, he knew why baekhyun, the beautiful hyung in front of him right now with the endless beauty in front of him right now, ask him to do this slowly.

 

He fears the world, he fears the society, he fears the stupid people, and chanyeol stop giving long a go.

 

“Its okay baek”

chanyeol clears his throat, hoping the hyung in front of him would believe him, that he is okay, with whatever path baekhyun lead them to, even if its crystal clear that it’s the path of broken heart and pain along his part.

 

Adding a simple radiant smile that he force to present for baekhyun, chanyeol receive the same radiant smile from the older, seems like the older finally believe in the lie on chanyeol façade, and seems like the disappointment on the younger hearts grow a bit more at the beautiful smile before him.

 

 

 

“so, when the school start?” baekhyun ask as he snuggle closer to the younger, cheek pressed firmly against the younger chest.

 

“i… don’t know?” chanyeol answer comes out more as a question than a statement, only make the hyung on his chest look up to him with one raised eyebrow.

 

“What do you mean you don’t know?”

“I know, but I don’t really know, I mean I don’t check my documents, yet. You know… I was too excited to finally meeting you that I forgot to check them” the explain chanyeol just said sent a sheer red colouring baekhyun’s cheeks.

 

“Stupid” baekhyun murmur quietly as he presses his flushed cheek back to the younger chest, shy smile hidden by the firm chest of the younger.

Seeing the cute act of the beautiful hyung, chanyeol laughs amusedly as he shower baekhyun’s crown with butterfly kisses.

 

“So, which high school you’re in then?”

baekhyun almost cringe at the words high school, reminding him about the relationship of him with the younger that seems like making him looks like a e, but fortunately he can suppress his cringe also suppress the thought of him being a e from his mind, for now.

 

“That art high school with huge building”

chanyeol answer nonchalantly, eyes focus on baekhyun’s favourite drama, descendants of the sun.

 

“You mean SM high school?”

baekhyun ask back, confused.

 

“Yes”

 

“And… how can you go to art school with basketball scholarship?”

Too curious, baekhyun abruptly stand from his comfy position, demanding a full explanation from the younger that currently too preoccupied with the drama showing on the television.

 

As chanyeol feels like baekhyun won’t stop staring strangely at him until he give the older the answer, he finally gives up to try to have a peaceful drama session that secretly being his favourite drama too.

He heaves a sigh as he finally face the confused hyung beside him, almost chuckling from the cute face the older unwarily make.

 

“Would you be angry if I told you I was lying when I told you it’s for my basketball career that I moved here? B-Besideee, before you mad at me, i-I was into music recently, and I was into you as well since forever, but you know it already. And when I search on Internet, their basketball team was the best at Seoul, and I thought it was the best school for me you know w-with the music lesson, good basketball, plus I got to finally meet you. So I wasn’t really lying right? Wasn’t I?”

chanyeol awkwardly explain to the hyung, with his hands going animatedly crazy. After the long explain, chanyeol didn’t see the confused expression changed a bit, at this, chanyeol hands become sweaty and his heart got all jumpy because he was afraid that baekhyun would be shout angrily at him.

 

Heaving a sigh, baekhyun close his eyes as he back to snuggle on the younger chest, feeling warm all over his heart. He was a bit upset that the younger dare to lie to him, but thinking about all the thing the younger through just to be with him again, despite how badly he broke the younger years ago, make baekhyun’s heart covered wholly with warmth, the warmth of the younger sincere love.

 


 

a short update just to taste the water, lol im sorry for being MIA.

is my writing still good? i mean i dont write for quite a while, so tell me if its .

STAY BEAUTIFUL AND LOVE CHANBEK!!!!!! <3

 

p.s. a little spoiler, i will add a little amount of chanhun in the future.