Missing

Should we act like nothing's wrong?

“I already told you I am coming; do you know how hard it is to get ready for a formal event?” Soo Yun said to the person on the other line of the phone, while she yelled goodbye to her mom and put on her heels “I mean it is already bad enough I am forced to wear a dress, but no, it had to add high heels to the mix”

“Stop whining and hurry, we are going to be late” the other one reply “I am already in front of your building”.

Soo Yun grabbed her long white dress to avoid tripping while she was hurrying to catch the elevator to the first floor. The whole gang had being invited by Eun Bi to an event for her dad’s hospital and despite trying to refuse, they just couldn’t say no to her, well that and Seungri’s constant pleads.

Soo Yun made her way into the car and slammed the door shut, where Jiyong and Daesung give her the whole head to toe sight.

“Damn, wait until the other guys see you, you are breathtaking girl” Jiyong said “Wait, are you seriously having your shoulders uncover… so Agassi, do you have a date tonight or can I you through the night?” he said with a mischievous smile.

“Jeez, that sounds tempting, but didn’t you had, I don’t know, a lunch date earlier today, what was her name… Min Ah?” Soo Yun said knowing very well he had a blind date last week and he had taken the girl out again that day.

“You simply aren’t going to give me a chance ever Yun?” he said while driving through the spring nightscape of Seoul.

“Sorry Ji, you are an amazing friend… but you aren’t my type” she said with a smile.

“Told you she was going to say that hyung” Daesung yell from the back.

“Save it Dae” Jiyong said.

They soon arrived to the Park Hyatt Hotel, you know, your regular 5 star hotel were you always hang out.

“Seriously Seungri hit the jackpot with Eun Bi and the fact her dad hasn’t opposed to them dating is a freaking miracle” Jiyong said after they entered the hotel lobby when they were supposed to wait for Seung Hyun and Young Bae.

“Well Eun Bi’s dad started at the bottom and work his way up, so he isn’t like one of those crazy chaebols you see in dramas Ji, stop watching so much tv” Soo Yun reply while adjusting her dress.

“Says the one who is addicted to dramas, which one is it this time? The one with Uhm Jung Hwa right?”

“Is a Witch’s Love and stop messing with my hobbies” she said slightly punching him, when finally Young Bae and Seung Hyun arrived.

You got to give it to the guys, they did look amazing in suits, but Yun saw the changed in Seung Hyun’s face when he saw her standing there, after all they hadn’t seen each other in a couple of months, time that Yun had used to begin to finally lose some weight.

But before he could say anything, Bae come right to her side and beat him to it.

“Yun, you look amazing… seriously this is nothing like the girl I saw earlier today” Bae said making reference to the fact he had stop by to have lunch with her and her mom.

“I clean up really nice don’t you think so?” she said giving him a wink.

“You look nice” Seung Hyun finally spoke but instead of feeling glad for the compliment, Soo Yun simply felt over conscious, the least she wanted to do was to get his attention. But it wasn’t like she wasn’t going to do so, after all, she was in a long white dress that barely covered her red shoes, her hair was up but some soft curls where falling from her pony tail, long earrings dangled from her ears and she had done her makeup flawlessly.

Bae felt her change a bit and grabbed her arm, and directed her and his friends to the hall where the event was being held.

They entered and quickly made way to where Seungri was with Eun Bi, seeing a smile of relieve on the maknae when they arrived.

“I am so glad you guys are here” he said while receiving a nasty look from Eun Bi “Jagi, you know I love you, but this kind of events were I don’t know no one aren’t my style”

“I know, that’s why I ask everyone to come, do you think I like them myself” she said and then directed her attention to the rest of the gang “Guys, thank you so much for coming, I know you are mainly here because Seungri made you come, but please enjoy the food and drinks”

“Not at all, is a pleasure for us to come here, plus I gotta look good for my future boss” Yun said laughing and hugging Eun Bi, her dad had offered her a job in his hospital main branch after she graduated, so that had taken a weight of her shoulders.

“Aigoo, uri little nakasan” Jiyong said and earn a laugh from the bunch except from Bae, Yun and Eun Bi.

“The only one parachuting here is going to be me, my Dad saw her working when we did our practice in the hospital kitchens and love her way of taking charge of everything, me on the other hand…” Eun Bi said slightly embarrassed.

“Is only because you are good at other areas that I am not, don’t worry too much about it” Soo Yun said reassuring her friend and sending a deadly look to Jiyong who decided to go grab a drink, getting lost in the crowd, the other guys followed him along, leaving Bae and Yun to talk.

“Baby girl, you ok there? Don’t mind Jiyong” he said while grabbing her hand and entwined their hands together.

“When have I ever minded him? Oppa, don’t worry about it, I’m just a tad tired, remember I am in the middle of my classes and I have to turn in a business plan for my marketing class on Monday, so between that and getting ready today, well I can’t stop feeling like I want to crawl into my bed” she said smiling at him.

“Sure is just that?” he said in his usual worried tone.

“Ne, I am sure. But I thought you weren’t coming, didn’t you had to catch a flight to Japan tonight? I mean that was the reason you told me you couldn’t give me a ride over” she said while a small pout form on her lips.

“Stop pouting, you might not like what I might do to stop you from doing that. And yes, actually I only stopped by to say my greetings, I have to leave now, I have my luggage in the car, but I couldn’t miss the vision of you on this white dress, you should wear dresses more often, they suit you” he said slightly embarrassed.

“Aish, Oppa anyone would think you like me by the way you are acting” she said smiling at him “If you have to leave, hurry up, I will tell the rest, we don’t want for you to miss your flight”

“Arasso, take care and in heavens name, NO DRINKING, just because you stop being on your meds, doesn’t give you the green light to make a fool of yourself”

“Ara, palli, go” she said shoving him out of the hall.

The evening went on without major incidents, but when it was time for Soo Yun to leave, she realize that the idiot Jiyong had completely forgotten he was her ride and had left with Daesung already, the both being slightly drunk and always used to Bae taking care of Yun.

Eun Bi and Seungri were still caught up with other guests, so Yun was trying to think of her choices, since she wasn’t carrying enough money for a cab ride back home and her 8cm heels weren’t meant for a bus ride. She was still in a cloud of thoughts when she heard the honk of a car.

“Do you need a ride?” Seung Hyun asked her from the driver’s seat.

It took a minute for Soo Yun to register the fact that Seung Hyun was driving, but since this was her only choice, she didn’t answered; she simply got in the car and buckled up. He didn’t reply and simply started driving.

“Since when did you start driving?”She finally asked after a good 5 minutes.

“Last January, I had to learn by force since it was one of the requirements of my new position, I kind of got a promotion to chief of section” he said loosing up his tie while they were waiting for the red light to change.

“Congratulations” she simply answered and kept fidgeting with her hands.

They kept on driving in silence, until they finally arrived in front of her apartment building. She was about to get out, but saw that Seung Hyun had the doors lock.

“I am trying to get out, you know?” she said turning to see him.

“Yes sorry, but…” he said, struggling to find the words he had being meaning to say for so long.

“Seung Hyun, don’t… please don’t. Not now, I hate that the only moment I managed to get your attention is when I am all doll up and I will hate associated getting dress up to the only moments you decide I am worthy of your attentions” she said in a deflated tone.

“Is not like that, why in heavens name you won’t let me explain myself instead of always cutting me off” he said and pushing his hands against the steering wheel.

“Because I don’t know if I still want to hear your explanations… why now? Why did you wait so long after I gave you so many chances? I made myself clear on countless occasions but I guess I was the only one missing this, missing us”.

“No you weren’t, I told you last time” he said making the grip stronger.

“Oh, you mean last December when you kiss my neck and then ignored me because you were already dating Jen Hee, do you ever thought how I felt? I felt dirty that’s how I felt and if like that wasn’t enough you decided to keep ignoring everything until tonight, so why is tonight any different?”

“I know I was an and a , and every other name you want to call me, I deserve it, to say I was drunk isn’t an excuse but it is the only one I got. Back then and even now I have a lot on my plate, I didn’t even know how Jen Hee was perceiving my attentions until I was already kind of dating her, so I felt like a jerk not owning up my behaviors towards her, that’s why now I am trying to keep a safe distance from all my female relationships”

“Oh, Choi Seung Hyun, the perfect gentleman, you own up for her, but for me, your friend for almost a freaking decade you ask for understanding, is that right?” Soo Yun said feeling her heart racing in anger.

“Well, yeah... I mean it’s you, I thought that if someone will understand it, it had to been you” he said scratching the back of his head.

“You gave me way too much credit… But that only explains the way you have acted this last months, but what about before, this stupid behavior didn’t started with Jen Hee, is being almost 2 years, so what do you have to say about that?”

“I don’t know” he said defeated.

“Let me know when you figure it out, my door will always be open to hear the long overdue explanation you owe me, Choi Seung Hyun” she said unlocking the door herself and exiting the car.

Seung Hyun followed her with his stare until she got inside her building and sighed “Yun, don’t you think that if I knew the answer to that question, you will be the first to hear the answer” he said while starting the car and driving off. 

 

-------------

A/N: Hi everyone, I am deep and truly sorry for the lack of updates for the last two weeks. Two weeks ago a dear friend of my family unexpectly past away and I just didnt felt up to writing, especially since november is a difficult month in my book for multiple situations, so I hope you can understand this. 
But now I am back writing again, and I can't wait to hear from you in the comments. Also a million thanks to all of you silent readers that are following this story, knowing that there is people out there willing to read what I write is one of the biggest comforts I could ask for. 

Until the next update, 

~sayurimei.