Her thoughts, his dreams

Should we act like nothing's wrong?

The months came rushing by and with it the year was quickly coming to an end. All this time, Soo Yun and Seung Hyun began to become closer and closer, a fact that didn’t go oblivious to their group of friends, Seungri especially loved to often teasing them, ever since he had catch them holding hands one time.

Soo Yun simply smiled and didn’t bear to say anything to that turn on her circumstances, she had decided she wasn’t going to rush things that time, so she remain shut until that chilly December night of 2009.  

She had went away on a small trip to Japan, but her trip collided with Seung Hyun’s defending his final thesis, despite he had tell her a million times that it was ok and just to enjoy her time there, she couldn’t help but to feel so bad about the fact that she wasn’t there.

So she decided to buy him a bear brick as a gift, since she knew he collected them, almost spending half of her travel money on the limited edition toy.

Soo Yun arrived in the middle of the night to her house, around 2am; but it wasn’t even 9am when Seung Hyun came marching into her room to wake her up with a cup of coffee on his hand.

“Soo Yun, wake up, wake up!!!” he said while sitting down on her bed and slowly tickling her.

“Ani, omma 5 more minutes, I don’t have to work today, let me sleep arasso?”

“Do I look like your omma?” he said and got up, grabbing her comforter and pulling it out in one swift motion, revealing a sleepy Soo Yun wearing pink boxer shorts and a white sleeveless wife beater that didn’t leave anything to the imagination, revealing every last piece of her very curvy body.

Despite the fact it was the middle of winter Yun was used to always sleeping like that, but the sudden temperature change made her open up her eyes and looked up to a slightly shocked Seung Hyun who wasn’t expecting her to be wearing that to bed, but who couldn’t simply tear away his eyes from her body.

“YAH!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM? AND WHY ARE YOU STRIPPING ME?” she began to yell and he simply looked away.

“I’M NOT STRIPPING YOU, I’M WAKING YOU UP! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOU SLEEP LIKE THAT?”

Soo Yun quickly grabbed her bath robe and put it on, but her eyes diverted to the place that Seung Hyun’s eyes had stopped, the place where her bra had landed just a few hours ago.

“What? You had never seen a bra before? And here I was thinking you had better luck with girls, I have to say I’m a bit disappointed you know?” she said, trying to make the mood less awkward that what already was.

She heard him clear his throat and look at her: “I was just amazed by how childish it looks like” he said trying to protect his pride.

“Oh, so now black lace is childish? Ok, I’ll let your future girlfriend know that. But what are you doing here so early; you better have a good reason or something to bribe me for waking me up, especially since you know my flight arrived in the middle of the night” she said letting out a chuckle at his poor excuse to save some face.

“I brought breakfast” he said waiving the bag and the coffee in front of her to which she simply smirked.

“Oh, so you think you know me so well?”

“Of course I do, is a raspberries and blueberries whole grain muffin from Beojkkoch bakery, your favorite and they only sell it there, plus I got you an ice Americano and you think I don’t know you?”  He said taking a seat on the bed again and smirking at the sight of the sparkle on her eyes when he pronounced her favorite muffin’s name.

“Ok, you are forgiven, now hand me my food! I’m starving” she said and attacked the bag.

“See, you are like a pet monkey, I feed you and you are ok again” he said condescendingly patting her head.

Soo Yun looked up and counter attack with a fist in the middle of his ribs, making him bend over in pain “Who are you calling a pet monkey? You bingu! Or haven’t you seen yourself in the mirror this morning?”

“Aish, this woman! Are you trying to kill me? Where did you learn to punch like that?” he said recovering his lost breath and laying down on her bed.

“Bae Oppa said I needed to learn how to defend myself in case something might happen to me, so he showed me some moves. Why? Wanna see another one?” she replied with her lips cover in crumbs.

“Like if you need something else other than your face to defend yourself, just look at that mess… see that’s why you haven’t dated” he said seating up and cleaning up her lips using his fingers, both of them could feel a sudden electric shock at that slight touch. For Soo Yun she could feel her heart racing but for Seung Hyun it was a strange tingling feeling he had being getting whenever he touched her.

Actually ever since the night of Na Young’s party, Seung Hyun realized how comforting was Soo Yun’s touch to him, how the contact with her skin make him feel something he had never felt before, like if with her touch he comfort him and made him feel whole. That was one of the reasons he kept on pursuing skin ship with her, but deep down he knew there was something else, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

Soo Yun tried to play it cool, so she decided to just begin telling him all about her two week trip and he began telling her about his thesis defense, they became comfortable talking with one another like they always did.

He was ecstatic when she gave him his gift, because he knew how much it must have cost her and deep down he felt like something was moving around, trying to make way for him to realize something.

They spend together almost all day watching movies and being nagged by Soo Yun’s grandmother, until night broke down and they decided to go grabbed something to eat.

Despite it was December and the snow was gently falling on top of their heads, they decided to take a walk after their dinner, together the cold didn’t seem to bother them, together they felt a warm feeling always surrounding them.

Seung Hyun was wearing the leather jacket she had helping him pick up just a few months ago, the one that she once told him look way too handsome for words and that the girls better look out from him, since he was destined to be a heartbreaker.          Soo Yun was wearing the scarf that Seung Hyun had helped her pick up; because he claimed it brought out her eyes more than usual.

Since it was a bit of a chilly night; Soo Yun grabbed onto his friend arm, trying to stay warm. For them it had became natural to grab into each other’s arms or even hold hands, well to be fully honest, for Seung Hyun it was like something natural, something that he needed to feel his day complete but for Soo Yun it lately had became something that made her heart flutter and usually ended up with her feelings made into a perfect mess.

“Soo Yun, aren’t you cold? We can stop walking you know?” Seung Hyun said but nevertheless made the grip around her arm into a stronger one.

“Ani, gwenchana, so what are your plans now that you have finish you major?”

“Well, of course get a job, I want to get a job that helps me get what I really want”

“And what is that? Millions of bear bricks from wall to wall?” she replied smirking.

“Well that is an option I haven’t added to my wish list” he replied with a dummy chuckle “Actually I want to accomplished some things for myself, before I have to go to the army. My mom had being nagging me to go right away, but for me it isn’t the right time, I feel like I have so much more to do, but you know her, she just dumps everything on me, without regarding my feelings, making even more clear her strong preference for hyung”

Soo Yun knew what he meant; his mom had always had a special predilection over Dong Wook and always neglected Seung Hyun, even more after her divorce, because she said that his younger son was too much alike his father. This had always being a scar that Seung Hyun carried and that wasn’t known by many and the main reason he had chosen to move out as soon as he had gotten into university.

“And you will do, don’t worry, remember that you are the only one that chooses the path you will walk on, you know your mom is a lot to handle, so let Dong Wook handle her. Of course, it doesn’t mean you should neglect her, but just don’t let her words get to you. I’m pretty sure you can overcame anything you choose to do”

“Thanks Yun, I like always talking to you, you have a unique way with your words that always comforts me” he said letting go of her arm and swinging his own onto her shoulders, bringing her closer to him.

Soo Yun felt the sudden closeness a little bit too much, so she tried to pull away, but he just drew her closer to him.

“Ok, so you get the job and go to the army and then what?” she asked, but wasn’t fully expecting an answer, she was just trying to not focus on what was going on at that moment.

“I will like to find a nice girl I can settle down with, I wish I could buy my own place instead of always renting and getting rip off every contract renewal with the key money. For example, see that house over there” he said motion her to see to the other side of the street “I would like something like that, a small garden, a comfortable home and a nice girl by my side”

“By the looks of it, you have everything plan out and only need the right girl to settle down, even if you are this young already”

“Well, is not like I am going to get married right away, I mean I first need to get the job and everything else, I would hate to see my wife as an army wife, alone waiting for her man to return; but I wouldn’t mind dating her in the mean time”

“Oh, really? And what qualifications do the future Ms. Choi needs to have?” She asked and immediately regretted asking, afraid of hearing the answer.

“Not that much, she has to have had an university education so we don’t get bored talking, she must like to exercise, be fit, I mean I struggled with my own weight a long time ago to be struggling with hers, she must like going to the movies, have similar hobbies as I do. Also, she must be feminine; I like girly girls, not so much into tomboys. I hang around boys all day to be like this with my girl” he finish listing all of the requirements.

Soo Yun made a mental rundown on her outfit choice of the day, she had on a pair of flat boots, some jeans, a loose t shirt, a long coat and scarf, her hair was up in a messy bum and since he had dragged her out of bed, she hadn’t even bother to wear makeup that day; she had simply slather on some BB cream and some lip balm.

“Only that? Well, I wish that girl good luck, you have some pretty high standards, you practically wanna date yourself!”

“Why should I lower my standards, if a girl wants to be with me, she should change whatever she can in order to met them” he said while looking down deeply into her eyes.

“Don’t you think if the right girl is in front of you, you should learn to compromise some of the things you wish for, for the things you really need at the end of the day?” she said, feeling hopeful at her last remark.

“Maybe, if the girl is worth it” he said while smiling at her.

He motioned her to keep on walking in silence. Soo Yun was struggling with all the new information he had just shared with her. For her it was amazing how deep he had opened up, since he was a man of a few words, but that night, it felt like the world was only for them and his words were only for her ears to hear. 

 

--------

A/N: Look who is back to her regular updating schedule? LOL although i do feel a bit apologetic since i feel many of you have lost interest in the story... but i will keep on writing, i love doing this too much, even if only 1 person reads what I write, my heart will always be content. 
Thanks for all of you that take the time off your busy lifes to read and even comment 
until next week ~sayurimei