I can't remember what happened, do you?

Should we act like nothing's wrong?

Seung Hyun woke up at the unstopping ringing of his phone. He opened up his eyes and grabbed his phone, looking at the time 3pm. He hadn’t managed to get any sleep in the night and had finally fallen sleep around 7am that morning.

The events of the night before had being replaying in his head over and over again, his feeling of guilt of having lead her own had become stronger with each passing minute, but still he was afraid to call to check on her, afraid of the damage he might had made.

The phone ring made him snap from his thoughts and finally see the ID of the caller, Daesung. “Oh, Daesung-ah, what’s up?” he said

“Hyung annyeong, what do you mean what’s up? Did you forget what day is today?” Daesung said in his cheerful tone of voice.

“…”

“You did, didn’t you? Hyung is December 19th! Remember, since Jiyong and Seungri are going abroad these holidays, we decided to spend today together since we aren’t going to see them until the New Year. Don’t tell me you forgot about it? Seungri has being all about it these last few days”

“Ne, ani, I remember, I just woke up, that’s why I wasn’t thinking straight, mianhae, where was it again?”

“You just got up? Hyung are you ok, I mean you are a deep sleeper, but don’t you think is too much?”

“Don’t worry, is just that I barely got any sleep last night”.

“Arasso, well it’s at Young Bae hyung’s place at 8pm, I was calling to see if you could pick up a cake, I was supposed to do so, but my sister was on leave from the army and she is not leaving until later this afternoon, so I think I’ll be on a tight schedule to just make it on time, you don’t mind, do you hyung?”

“Any Dae, gwenchana, does it have to be any special flavor. And by the way, why are we having cake? What are we twelve?” he said, since he never truly cared about sweets and whenever they stay in the usual menu was food, beer and soju.

“It was Soo Yun’s only request since she is going to be doing all the cooking, I’m pretty sure she is already at hyung’s place cooking. And do you even dare to disagree with her? You know how she can get when she only asks us to do one thing and we don’t do it. Besides, you know she barely never ask for anything for her, so let’s just please her this time, ok?” Daesung said.

“Ara, ara… yes I know. But Dae, what about the flavor?”

“She said to pick something neutral, like vanilla, strawberry or sweet potato cakes. Ok, hyung I’m counting on you, I got to go now, see you later. I’m hanging up” Daesung said and finished the call.

Seung Hyun dragged his body to the shower and began to get ready.

 “Is she well enough to be cooking? Well, she is with Young Bae, he is perfectly capable of take care of her” he said to his reflection after he finished getting dressed.

He got out and was received by a fresh coat of snow and couldn’t help to think again on Soo Yun, of all types of weather, whenever it would snow or rain, she will be happy. His lips twitched and formed a small smirk at the thought of her, but immediately regret and worried drawn up on his face.

He got inside the bakery and he could see all the different cakes on the display, until he made up his mind for a sweet potato cake that was top with strawberries.

After a ride on the subway, he got out and he could see couples walking closely to each other, holding hands or just being close enough. As he examined them, he couldn’t help but to see the resemblance of those couples and the way he and Soo Yun had being acting for the last months, an another stab of remorce came rushing through him.

Seung Hyun arrived 10 minutes late, not because he hadn’t left on time, but because he was scared, scared that he wasn’t going to be able to face her eye to eye.

He rang the doorbell and Young Bae open up the door, as Seung Hyun made his way in, he was received by the smell of warm delicious food.

“Hyung! I found it odd that you of all people where coming over late, Jiyong and Seungri are in the living room, Soo Yun is cooking, common in” he said and Seung Hyun was taken aback, if Soo Yun would had told anyone about the events of the night before, it would have being Young Bae, but he acted like nothing happened.

“Oh, hyung, you are here! And you brought the cake! Look noona, we finally have cake!” Seungri said taking the cake box off from Seung Hyun and placing it on the table that was already over flowing with many Korean delicacies.

“Seung Hyun-ah, you already here. I thought Dae was in charge of bringing the cake, is he ok?” Soo Yun said while placing a plate filled with japchae on the table that had being set on the living room.

“Ne” he said diverting her eyes from hers “Dae said he might run a little bit late since her noona was home, so he asked me to pick up the cake, I got sweet potato”

“That’s great, it will go great with the food, thanks Seung Hyun-ah” Soo Yun said and gave him a heart warm smile and he finally looked up.

Instead of her usual t shirts, Soo Yun had removed her apron and he could see she was wearing a red blouse that made her pop out and a pair of dark jeans, but not only that, she was also wearing some makeup.

To be honest, he was expecting a messy version of her, given her previous experience with rejections, but this time, she was like she was someone completely different and that made him feel even more on the edge.

Daesung soon arrived and the whole party began attacking the food.

“Noona, jinjja this is the best! The lucky bastard that gets to marry you is going to be so happy every time he gets home” Seungri said, while picking another piece of the fish and popping it in his mouth.

“So now I am only valuable because I have good cooking skills and they you wonder why you remain single, don’t you Seungri?” Soo Yun replied while grabbing a mandu from the plate in front of her.

“Well, you will make any future mother in law happy, I got here earlier and you completely chase me and Bae out of the kitchen while making the kimchi pancakes, you were a perfect cooking machine and I think my mom will be delighted to meet you” Jiyong said smirking.

“The only reason I chase you guys out of the kitchen, is because you were only doing more bad than good, besides, who do you think is going to be doing the dishes after we eat? Here is an answer: not me” she said while laughing.

Seung Hyun had remained silent almost all throughout the meal and whenever Soo Yun asked him something; he quickly answered and looked away. That fact hadn’t gone unseeing by everyone.

“So, Soo Yun-ah you didn’t text me back after you told me you were going out to eat with hyung last night, did anything happened?” Young Bae asked being the only one brave enough to do so.

“Ani, actually I can’t remember what happened, do you Seung Hyun?” she said and looked straight to him and he began looking elsewhere, but immediately she kept on answering after putting him on the spot “we end up walking and talking about so many things that you can’t expect for me to recollect everything that went down last night”

“Seung Hyun, could you help me get these plates off from the table and onto the sink, I will bring more beer” she said getting up and placed a small mountain of plates in front of his seat.

He followed her into the kitchen, placed the plates on the sink and turn around to be immediately corned by her.

“Seung Hyun what the hell is wrong with you tonight? Why in heavens name are you ignoring me?” she said pissed off.

“Aniyo, I’m not ignoring you, I’m just tired” he said trying to change the subject but he was surprised by the way she was acting.

“Tired of what? Daesung told us that he woke you up at 3pm today. So cut the crap. What is really going on?”

He let out a sigh and scratch the back of his neck “Is just that I didn’t know how were you doing and I was afraid I might be bothering or making you uncomfortable if I talk to you or something”

“Bothering me? Seung Hyun don’t you think if someone should be worried about making someone uncomfortable, should be the one who actually confessed? Really, I need to ask your mom if she truly drop you as a baby” she said while shaking her head, not believing the reason why he was acting that way.

“Is not like that, but Soo Yun, what did you expect? Last time you got rejected, you ended up waking up with a hangover at my place. Don’t you think it’s reasonable that I got worried about how will you react this time?”

“See Seung Hyun that’s the problem right there, I am not the same Nam Soo Yun that got drunk when your brother rejected her 2 years ago, I’m way stronger than that and you off all people should know that by now.

Didn’t you think I had considered the possibility of being once again rejected? Of course I did, but I still did it anyway, I already told you why last night. So acting stop acting like I am going to break because that isn’t happening any time soon.

Besides, is not like you are the last guy out there, at the end of the day I can always go hook up with Jiyong, he is after all always being interest in me even if he is just kidding around” she replied while winking her eyes at him in a mischievous way and made her way to the other guys with a six pack on her hand.

He was left standing there, dumbfound surprised, he truly wasn’t expecting her to act like that and made him questioned himself about how much did he truly knew about her, despite always having her by his side, what else had he missed to see, what else had remained hidden under his eyes? 

 

----------

A/N: sorry, im late! Also, thanks for your comments, i loved your reactions to last weeks chapter.

Welcome to the new subscribers, I hope you enjoy this story and thanks to my loyal readers!! You guys are the best. 

Let me know what you think of both SY and SH behaviour... 

until this upcoming weekend ~sayurimei