A rush of blood through the head

Should we act like nothing's wrong?

“DAMN RIGHT I AM FREE AS A FREAKING BIRD!!!!” Soo Yun yelled on the phone after walking out of her last class.

“I am right here you know that Yun, I didn’t go deaf this last couple of months” Bae replied laughing on the other side of the line.

“Sorry Oppa, I guess I got way too carried away. I mean, is being seven freaking years!!!! But I have finally ended this! I am officially a nutritionist” she kept on saying while bouncing up and down getting funny looks from Seungri who had come pick Eun Bi out to take her to lunch to celebrate.

“Well, not technically, you still haven’t gotten your diploma and won’t get it until next April” Bae said teasing her.

“Party pooper! why do you feel like raining on my freaking parade? Are you still mad that Hyorin unnie likes me better?” she said sticking out her tongue, like if he could see her.

“Leave my girlfriend out of this thank you very much. And you dare call party pooper to the one guy that has set up everything for today to celebrate?”

“Jinjja? Like you are really letting me go out to party and drink and go crazy?” Soo Yun said not believing that her controlling Oppa was given her green light.

“Yes to party and a bit of crazy and not too much alcohol, but yes you have green light; plus is not like you won’t have 7 pairs of eyes on you all the time”

“7? Wait…” she said and began counting down with the fingers of her free hand like a toddler “I think I have an extra set, Dae, Ji, Ri, Eun Bi, Hyorin unnie, you… who am I missing?”

“Seung Hyun hyung, he just confirmed he is going” Bae said but he only got static as a reply “Yun are you there?”

“You are ing kidding me right?” the girl said taking a seat in the middle of the parking lot, not caring who the hell was staring at her right then or the fact that it was cover in snow.

“Didn’t you guys already made up?” Bae asked her, after all that was what his hyung had told him and Yun kind of confirm him, but she never got to explained that it was a strict text friendship now, if you could call it like that.

“Well, we are kind of getting there; I wasn’t expecting him to man up and show up to be honest” she said playing with a strand of her chocolate hair.

“Well, he did, he actually is the one picking up the place. Do you need me to come pick you up?”

“Ani, text me the place, I’ll ask Dae to give me a ride”

“Arasso, see you later”

Soo Yun finally got up and shook off the snow from her , she signal her goodbye to her friends and made way to meet her mom for lunch, but her heart was still beating at Bae’s words,  he is going.

After spending some time with her mom, they went straight to their apartment and Soo Yun headed straight to the shower, she decided to dress up a bit, after all this was her first night free in almost  a whole year and she knew Eun Bi will scold her if she didn’t took care of her looks.

After a comforting time in the shower, she blow dried her now medium length hair and said to herself that she really needed a haircut, although she knew that if it wasn’t for her mom taking care for her hair, she would have being forced to shave her head due to the complete lack of attention she had given herself in the last months.

Soo Yun took extra care in making her hair fall straight in a golden chocolate soft mash, gave herself some y smoky eyes and red lips. “Damn, I guess I’m still able to make myself presentable” she said looking back at her reflection on the mirror.

She took a pair of dark blue jeans, a printed green and blue top and some simple blue pumps. “They are going to kill me later on, but I have missed wearing my babies” she said to herself after eyeing the 7cm heels and taking her phone, some money and placing them on the small purse. She also took the duffle bag she had prepared earlier, she knew she was going to be late by the time they ended, so she decided to crash at either’s Eun Bi’s or Dae’s place.

Her phone began ringing to H.O.T’s Candy, her new ringtone thanks to her latest drama obsession Reply 1997 and she saw it was Dae calling, meaning he was already downstairs waiting down for her.

She threw on her heavy coat since it was snowing heavily, it was only the begging of December of 2013, but it was already looking like they were going to be suffocated by snow that year.

“Yunnie!!! Congratulations!! Ready to go?” Dae said while greeting her, not paying too much attention to what her friend was wearing.

“Of course chingu! Gomawo! Kaja!!!” she said throwing the duffle bag in the back seat and chit chatting with Dae all the way to their meeting place.

To Soo Yun’s surprised, the place they had picked was a club in the middle of Gangnam.

“Dae, jinjja?” was all that she could say; after all they were all more like lay back.

“Well, you did said you wanted to party!” he said directing her to the private booth the guys had rented out. While making their way there, Yun took off her coat and carry it along with her purse on her left arm.

Dae opened up the doors and a huge roar of cheers could be heard, everybody was there, but the first person that Soo Yun lock eyes was the one that was silently seated in the middle of the room with a small grin on his face, Choi Seung Hyun.

“Nam Soo Yun is that you? Damn girl” Ji was the first one to said making way to give her a hug.

“Of course is me Oppa, who the hell could it be?” she said feeling conscious about the fact that Seung Hyun eyes didn’t stop staring her.

“Well, I mean look at you, you look like a girl!”

“I am a girl you idiot!” she said pushing him away, after noticing Seung Hyun was getting restless by how long Ji had hold her in his arms.

“Yunnie, sorry but I kind of see what hyung’s is saying, I mean look at you” Dae said now finally paying attention to her.

“Yah! maknae why didn’t you told us she had turn into a goddess!” Ji said and Bae was only laughing at his best friends antics.

“What the hell? Are you already drunk Oppa? Did you start without me?” she said feeling over conscious of her choice of clothes, after all, the jeans were a well fitted pair that hug her hips perfectly and the top was wrap in a way that gave the illusion of an hourglass figure, emphasizing her s area and the heels only made her legs look like they run for miles.

“Leave the kid breath” Hyorin said from the back seeing her donsaeng clearly embarrassed and Yun made way to where she and Bae were seating, but Yun could still feel the pair of piercing eyes following her along.

“Common, here here” Seungri said passing along shots “For our two new nutritionist and for our Yun Noona, for enduring until the end. ONE SHOT!!”

“Cheers” everyone said and empty their glasses in one go.

They all began chatting away and the drinks began to run around the table. It wasn’t long before the dance machine known as Young Bae and the smooth talker maknae made way to the dance floor with their dates, leaving Yun under the care of Ji, Dae and Seung Hyun who had remained calmed down in the background, drinking but not talking that much, throwing Yun off.

“One shot” Ji said pouring down another drink for Yun, who had already lost count on how many she had down, but she knew she needed to move around otherwise she might ended up drunk way too quickly.

She got up “Dae let’s dance” she said dragging him by the arm to the dance floor when soon Psy’s Gangnam Style began blasting through the speakers, making Dae and Yun laugh while they began dancing.

Soon a slightly drunk Ji decided to join them and soon all the friends were dancing around, with the obvious exception of the only non dancer of the bunch, Seung Hyun, who had remained in their booth.

Another round of shots was shared in the middle of the dance floor and Yun knew she needed to go grab some air after dancing for at least 20 minutes.

She stumble out from the dance floor, the heavy music, the smoke, the alcohol running through her veins and her choice of footwear were beginning to take a toll on her. She felt like losing her balance, when she felt a pair of arms catching her mid air and wrapping around her waist.

She looked back and saw that it was Seung Hyun the one that had caught her.

“You ok Yun?” he said and she could smell the scent of whisky coming from him.

“Ne Seung Hyun-ah, just a bit dizzy, I can walk now” she said trying to break free from his grip, but he didn’t bulged.

“Yeah sure, what made you wear those” he said eyeing at her shoes.

“Well, I wasn’t expecting clubbing for tonight, more like dinner and a bar, maybe  a tteutbokki stall for seconds” she said feeling hot at his touch against her.

“Well maybe some other time” he said closing at her ear, since the music was blasting high and he didn’t felt like yelling to her.

“Seung Hyun what’s going on? Common, let’s go take a seat” Yun said to him.

“Shiro, let’s stay like this a little bit longer” he said making her turn to face him.

Yun was startled, Seung Hyun’s face was just a couple inches away from hers, thanks to her heels, and even if they were in a dimly lighted area she could still see perfectly every feature of his face, his chin, his perfect lashes and his full eyebrows.

“I had missed you” he finally blurted out.

“Is not like we haven’t been texting” she said, but felt her heart was beginning to pay tricks on her, as it was starting to beat faster due to their proximity.

“Texting is not enough, I miss talking to you, seeing you, touching you” he said brushing one of her arms with one of his hands, slowly it, sending a small shiver down Soo Yun’s spine.

“Seung Hyun, I had miss you too” she said, knowing she had already lost the battle, she miss him too, she miss having him around and despite the small voice of warning on her head, soon the alcohol that was clouding her mind shut it out.

“Jinjja, you miss me?” he said smiling like a kid who had just being giving a giant Sunday ice cream filled with sprinkles.

“Ne” she said and placed her hand on one of his.

He brush away a strand of loose hair and tucked it behind her ear and before Yun could react, he planted a soft kiss on her bare neck.

Soo Yun was in shock, she couldn’t react, a million thoughts came rushing through her head, and she felt like if all the blood from her body was rushing through her head and focusing on the touch of his lips against her skin, but before she knew it, it was over.

Seung Hyun looked straight into her eyes and she knew he was about to kiss her again, when they heard Jiyong shouting calling out for them, startling them and making Seung Hyun jump and took a good distance from her.

“Yuuuuun, why did you leave, common let’s dance” Jiyong said pulling her back into the crowd, making her leave Seung Hyun behind. When she took a second glance to look for him, he had already disappeared from her sight, leaving her with her heart about to burst from her chest and a million   thoughts running through her head. 

 

----------

a/n: don't kill me? LOL hahaha I really, really want to know what you guys think about this new development. Do you think SooYun cave in too quickly? What do you think Seung Hyun is going to do next? Did someone saw them? 
All of this coming to you in my next update XD 
I truly hope you like this, and thanks for taking your time to not only comment but also to you silent readers, all of you, week after week are the reason I keep on writing, knowing that someone out there likes what i type down is the biggest reward of them all! 
Until the next chapter
~sayurimei