What are you afraid of?

Should we act like nothing's wrong?

Daesung was seating on their usual food stand, waiting out for his friends to arrive. It had being the costume for them to usually meet at least once a week, although lately it had being more and more difficult for all the guys to gather around. Soo Yun had never being a part of this; since it was more of guy hangs out and she had always being cool with it, she referred it as their queer time together.

After a few minutes of waiting, the oldest one arrived and greeted Dae, taking a seat next to him and asking the ahjumonni immediately for food. While the ahjumma was serving the food, Seungri and Jiyong arrived and joined the other two guys, immediately asking for soju and beer to go along.

“So, only Bae hyung is missing, is he coming anytime soon?”Seungri asked while munching on a piece of tteotbokki.

“Ani, he texted me a while earlier, he told me he was sorry, but he was going to Soo Yun’s place, it looks like her mom has being a bit sick lately and he promised to bring them some food” Jiyong replied while taking a sip of the beer in front of him.

“Really, if I didn’t know any better I could swear those two are romantically involved. Bae is like unconditionally there for Yun Noona at any given moment. I mean I love her to dead, but I don’t feel that devoted to her as Bae hyung is” the maknae replied.

“Well, those two have the closest relationship in this bunch, well with the exception of Yunnie and Seung Hyun hyung” Daesung said joining the conversation “Bae has really become like a real brother to her, especially in the last year. I mean could you blame Yun for leaning so much on Bae or on any of us, in the last year she lost her home, her family and just two months ago her grandfather died. If you think it through, we are practically the only family she has now”

Jiyong and Seungri nodded in agreement, but Seung Hyun only poured himself a shot of soju and downed it in one go.

“Hyung, why are you so quiet tonight, you are usually goofing around and messing with the maknae.” Jiyong asked directly to Seung Hyun.

To be honest, Seung Hyun was feeling upset, after all, the last time he had ever spoken with Yun was the day her grandfather died and only because she had texted him first. Something inside of him had being bothering him ever since the last day they had hung out at her place when she fell slept on his shoulders, he had being questioning himself for quite some time and the best conclusion he had reached was to push Yun away until he could put the finger on what it was that it was bothering him.

“Ani Ji, just tired, you know I just started working at this new place and I feel like is draining me out” he said and took another shot of soju.

“If you say so, by the way, yesterday I went to have coffee with Yun, have you guys seen that she is losing weight? I don’t know if it’s my own perception, but I think she is getting prettier, I mean I have always being used to her chubby cute side, but I don’t know…” Ji said turning the topic back to Soo Yun.

“Ne hyung, last week I went over to her place with Bae and Dae hyungs to see a movie and she did look slimmer, why? are you going to make a move on her again?” Seungri said teasing his hyung, remembering how at the beginning he had a small crush on Soo Yun but he was turned down immediately by her.

“She is really getting thinner?” Seung Hyun finally asked.

“Ne hyung and her hair is growing back after she cut it off” Dae said.

“She cut off her hair?” Seung Hyun said. He was shocked, after all, in the past he had being the one that usually get to know this things first, whether it was because he had went over to see her or because she had texted him about it, now he was feeling like if the wall he had set between them was making him lose sight of her.

“Hyung, he cut off her hair like a week after her grandfather died. Seriously when was the last time you have seen her or even talk to her over the phone? Every time I ask you about her you just dodge the topic or if I asked Yun about you, she just sadly smiles and changes the subject. Did the two of you fight or something like that?” Jiyong asked him straight up.

“Ani, we didn’t fight. I just had being busy that’s all” he said taking a long sip of his beer.

“Busy enough to ignore someone to whom you once where practically attached by the hip, but free enough to hang out with us each week? I think that’s a lot of crap hyung, so mwareba, tell us what happened?” Jiyong said putting his hyung in an even tighter spot.

“Nothing happen guys, really. I just don’t know… lately I just don’t feel like hanging around with her, is it that bad?” he said, but the words that Jiyong had just told him made an echo on his mind.

“Well it kind of is hyung, I mean like I said… Yunnie sees us, all of us, like her family now, but is no secret to anyone here that you two had something more special, like a tiny world only you two had access, you had your own jokes, one moment you two could be in complete silence and the next minute you could be wrestling around the room.

So now, when she needs you the most, you just decided to unilaterally stop hanging out with her for heavens knows what reasons, don’t you think is really selfish from your side?” Daesung said.

All the eyes on the table landed on Seung Hyun, but he simple took a deep breath and took another shot of soju.

“Hyung, this has been a hard time on her and you might have your reasons to avoid her for the time being, but Dae hyung has made a good point, Noona needs all of us, Bae has try his best to make things easier for her, but let’s be honest, the one that Noona needs the most right now is you, her personal bingu, her best friend like she keeps calling you.

Do you know how long has it being since I seen noona smile? I mean truly laugh from her heart? When we all last hang out together last year. Is being a year hyung, a whole year, so are you telling us you don’t know why the hell you are like this, but despite all, you are willing to give more suffering to someone who has lost it all, just because you are scared” a slightly inebriated Seungri began ranting “What are you afraid of hyung? Are you afraid of your relationship with noona or are you simply afraid of your own feelings towards her?”

“Maknae enough” Jiyong said, taking the beer from the maknae’s hand “Look, hyung, we aren’t telling you to go run towards her, but the maknae kind of put it out there, whatever reasons you might have, are they strong enough to make you neglect all this years of friendship with Yun?”

“Common, let’s go, we better take the maknae home. Just think about it hyung, arasso? We all know Yun misses you and in a way you miss her too” Daesung said putting his part of the bill on the table and began dragging Seungri with the help of Jiyong out of the stall.

Seung Hyun ordered another bottle of soju and began to ponder on all the things the guys told him “she misses you… she still calls you her best friend… what are you afraid off?”

“Seriously Seung Hyun what is wrong with you? Is just Nam Soo Yun, the girl you have seen in a million of ridiculous situations, the one that knows your deep secrets, the one with whom you have shared your dreams. Why are you acting like this? Why is it that even when I set my mind on just simply texting her, something deep inside just stops me?

I truly thought that for her, her best friend will be Young Bae, I mean the guy practically lives there, but she still sees me as her best friend”  he kept on thinking, while drinking down the bottle of soju, paying the ahjumma and began walking to his apartment.

His mind began to fill up with memories of the two of them together, stupid random stuff that brought a smile to his face. He got inside his apartment and lay down on his bed, remembering the time when he felt like they had truly become close, that drunken night a long time ago, he looked to his bedside table and saw a picture of him with the guys and in the middle of all of them was her.

“So, have you really changed that much since I last saw you Soo Yun-ah?” he said letting out a sigh and look up to the roof “Seriously, what are you afraid of Choi Seung Hyun?” was all what he could ponder out loud. 

 

 

=====

a/n: hey guys, im back, sorry health problems again! Here it is, a chapter from the guys POV, cant wait to hear your thoughts about it. Also thanks Ellealy for looking out for me, gomawo chingu!!! 
see you all soon
~sayurimei