It all began with a hi

Should we act like nothing's wrong?

“Ne Oppa don’t worry about, I’m just looking for my purse, I will be ready in time don’t worry about it” Soo Yun text back and placed the phone on her night stand.

She made her way to the closet and began searching for her black clutch; she knew she had it stashed away in a box since she had not use it in a long time.

She began opening up boxes since it hasn’t being long since she had move in and her procastining self haven’t found the time to finish unpacking. She took out a box and began pouring down the contents in her bed, finally finding her black clutch but also coming across her old diary.

 It had being ages ever since she had glance it, almost 5 years since the pages of it run out and with it she closed a chapter of her life.

She opened up the old notebook and began passing the pages, in there were logged down so many memories, so many stories that now seem so far away. She couldn’t help but to began to reminiscence the different moments that were jogged down in the pages.

Despite knowing she was running out of time, she couldn’t help herself to open up the pages of that old journal.

Soo Yun still remembered the first time she had met Seung Hyun, he was a simple boy finish up high school, he was 18 going on 19 and she had just turn 17, they had being introduced by Seung Hyun’s big brother, Dong Wook.

Dong Wook was someone that was already really close to Soo Yun, they had met through their mothers when he was 18 and she was just 15.

They had hit it off and soon became good friends, only making their mothers happy, since both of their mothers had being friends since any of them could remember, so they expected their kids to get along and be close as they were, especially Dong Wook’s mom, she had her mind set on getting together one of her kids with Soo Yun.

Soo Yun wasn’t blind to this, she realized  the constant pushing that her mom’s friend made towards her and Dong Wook; she laugh it off at first, but that constant reunions that the ahjummoni did for them, was too much for the young heart of Soo Yun, so she eventually develop a crush on the older brother.

It didn’t took them long to become close to each other, but to Soo Yun’s disappointment Dong Wook, only looked at her as a cute donsaeng that was way to older than her real age, or like he like to call her: “you have the mind of an ahjumma trap in the body of a teenage girl”.

That wasn’t something new for her, in her defense, she was the only daughter of a middle class family and she had being brought up in her grandparent’s house, so she was used to be surrounded by grownups most of her time. Thanks to this, she was used to speak up her mind like a grown up will do, but still be respectful to her elders.

For Soo Yun, family always came first, this was a quality most of the people that met her truly admire of her, since she also considered her friends as a part of her extended family and will do anything to protect them at all cost.

It was the year that Soo Yun turned 17 that Seung Hyun arrived into her life. She remembered the first time she saw him, slightly overweight and with baggy clothes, his head was always covered with a hat and he had a flare of trying to adapt the hip hop trend.

Soo Yun was the opposite of him, she wasn’t a Barbie doll, not even close, but she liked to dress casually comfortable without neglecting her feminine side, she had long black hair, straight until her middle back and she was taller than most girls. She was a slightly overweight and had curves unlike other girls her age and that had made her the object of teasing from some of her classmates.

 She was waiting out in a cold January afternoon for Dong Wook to pick her up but when he arrived, she could see he wasn’t alone.

“Oppa, who is that?” Soo Yun asked with intrigue eyes at the stranger that had arrive.

“Ah, ne, this is my donsaeng Seung Hyun, but he is still your Oppa, so treat him nicely, arasso Soo Yun-ah?” Dong Wook tell her while ruffling her hair.

“Ne Oppa and stop it with the hair” she replied while approaching the new comer “Annyeong! Nam Soo Yun-imnida”

“Yow, Choi Seung Hyun here” the boy said and this made Soo Yun repressed a chuckle “Yow? Who the hell does he think he is? Jinusean?” she said to herself but tried to remained composed.

“Well, is nice to meet you, Oppa says you are older than me, so how old are you?”

“I’m 18 turning 19” he replied and remain shut up giving a vibe he didn’t want to talk anymore.

“So an 87liner, well, I’m an 89liner, so you aren’t that much older than me” she replied with a warm smile.

“YAH! Kids, palli otherwise we are going to be late to the movies” Dong Wook, who had already began walking, call them out.

“Arasso, Oppa!” she replied while making her way to Dong Wook, but first she grabbed hold of Seung Hyun’s wrist “Palli, Seung Hyun-ah or we are going to be late”

“Seung Hyun-ah? Does this girl forget I’m older than her?” Seung Hyun scoffed inside his head but simply let the girl in front of him drag him along.

To be honest, he was irked that a girl like her existed, as first impressions go she was way too outspoken and never failed to win an argument; but as he began to get close to her, he discovered she had a magnet like personality that made people come close to her quickly, but she also she had a really caring side and she never failed to smile.

“I mean how can someone always be smiling like that?”  He kept telling himself whenever he saw her walking down to meet him.

But despite those little things that throw him off, it didn’t took long for Seung Hyun  to make room for Soo Yun in his life, the girl had prove him that she was something else, especially after she got to meet his friends.

“Hyung, who is that?”  Jiyong asked wondering who the babe, as he began calling her later on, was standing next to them was.

“Keep it to yourself donsaeng, this is Soo Yun, she is my donsaeng and you better take good care of her, otherwise Dong Wook hyung will skin you guys alive” Seung Hyun said remembering the care that Dong Wook put into Soo Yun every time they were together.

To be honest, he strongly believe that it wasn’t going to be long until his brother announced they were an item, so he put a boundary limit on how much trust and how close he got with her, after all, he believe he was his hyung’s girl.

Soo Yun giggled at the remark, after all she knew how protective Dong Wok was of her, but she didn’t expected for Seung Hyun to act the same way as his older brother, after all, in the time she had began to be friends with him, she had realize how completely opposite the two brother were.

One was all smiles and the perfect gentleman, always willing to help out without a second thought; on the other one, Seung Hyun was a bit more reserved with his things, he was a bit more serious and remained quiet when he wasn’t in company of people he knew and trust.

“Hi there Soo Yun-ah, I’m Jiyong, that’s Daesung, Young Bae over there and the guy running like a crazy dog coming our way is the maknae Seungri” he said while holding onto her hand a little too longer than necessary.

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo” she said while removing her hand from the grip of Jiyong “But I will like my hand back now, thank you very much”

“Oh, sorry about that, but what is a pretty girl like you doing hanging out with a guy like Seung Hyun hyung?” Jiyong said trying to smooth talk his way back to her good side.  

“Me? Well, isn’t it kind of obvious? I’m with him…” Soo Yun said and gave a pause on purpose and she could see the eyes of the guys opening up like saucers at the thought she and Seung Hyun were an item “to come catch a movie together. We met through Dong Wook Oppa and he was nice enough to let me hang out with him today. Why? Now I can’t hang out with my friends?” she said smirking.

The guys were put on the spot and she was trying hard to hold onto her laughs, since she could see Seung Hyun annoyed expression, after all she kind of knew that he wasn’t the most popular guy with girls, being kind on the heavy side and stuff, but she knew that he had the potential to become a very handsome guy if he just gave it a try.

“Ani, you are more than welcome to join us, is just that we aren’t used to having girls that aren’t girlfriends hanging out with us, especially if they are brought by hyung” Jiyong said receiving a glare from Seung Hyun that he knew he was going to pay off later that night.

“Well, if you don’t mind then I guess I’m gonna be forced to change that” she said smiling at them and making her way to the movie theater with Jiyong tailing her.

“Hyung, you were right” Daesung said to Seung Hyun “she is completely something else”

“I told you guys, I still don’t know what Dong Wook hyung sees in her, and she is the complete opposite of his previous girlfriends” Seung Hyun said to the guys.

“Well, maybe the fact that she is different is what got to him this time hyung, but still, if she is your hyung’s girlfriend why did you bring her out with us tonight? Wouldn’t she be out on a date with your hyung then? Especially on a Friday night” Young Bae said.

“Oh, I saw hyung leaving earlier today and told mom that he was coming late tonight but then I got a text from Soo Yun, asking if I was free because she was bored after classes”

“Wait, first thing is first, classes? How old is she hyung? Second, if he was going out wouldn’t make sense that he was out with her? Third, when did you become close enough with her to be her text buddy?”Daesung asked.

“Soo Yun? She is 17, turning 18 in a couple of months actually. And molla, I just like hanging out with her, is comfortable being around her, she isn’t like must girls all preoccupied by her looks, plus she isn’t pushy and needy.

 I mean once I saw her just stare at the ceiling for 30 minutes and when I interrupted her to ask her what was she doing, she told me nothing and kept at it. She is weird but in a good way” Seung Hyun said chuckling at the memories of how random and weird Soo Yun could get.

“Well, looks like someone is interest in weird girl” Seungri said laughing.

“Is not like that maknae, plus she is dating my hyung” Seung Hyun said “now let’s go, before Jiyong tries to make a move on her and she ends up hitting him”. 

Seung Hyun simply looked at front and saw Soo Yun laughing at Jiyong and tried to understand how someone like her had ended up with her brother in the first place, but more importantly, how she had managed to get so easily into his own life. 

 

-------------------------------

A/N: So how it was my special treat? I truly hope you guys enjoy this 1st chaptered and I really want to get to know your feedback, is what keeps me motivated to write.