Chapter 9 - Salt or Sugar?

When GD = Baby... Literally.

A clump of beddings, an ashtray on the floor and the sound of faint birds chirping outside while glints of day break sneaked inside SeungHyun’s room. The silence was only broken a couple of times by a heavy sound of snoring coming from the sleeping idol, half mouth opened and hands gently wrapping a tiny body. SeungHyun felt the tiny body wiggle a couple of times making him grudgingly open his eyes, realizing the tiny body beside him is starting to wake up. SeungHyun wrinkled his forehead and tried to reach out over the table, seeing that it’s just 8am…

 

“Does babies really wake up too early in the morning…” SeungHyun mumbled as his fingers stretch out to grab a pacifier nesting on top of his side table. He gently dabbed the pacifier on top of Jiyong’s lips, mildly pushing it in until Jiyong gave out a yawn and nibbling it back…SeungHyun smirked and closed his eyes, hugging the adorable baby tighter. Today’s his day off and he never thought that he would’ve been hugging a baby today instead of a y model he picked from a club. Slowly dozing off he left a kiss on Jiyong’s forehead and the baby reacted by innocently wiping the kiss off of his tiny head, making the older one chuckle.

 

A few more minutes of sleeping, when the sound of glasses started ringing in, Jiyong’s eyes bolted open and he turned to face the clock.

 

“Ah too early…” Jiyong mumbled as he looked behind him and saw that it’s pass 8am, nobody’s up at around 8am except for one man…realizing this Jiyong’s body sat up straight quicker than a speed of light, excitement building up inside of him. He knew who it was, finally that was all he can think off as he pushes SeungHyun’s heavy arm off of him. With a soft thud he landed off the bed and started running towards SeungHyun’s door. His tiny arm reaching up and trying to twist the knob, but frustration started kicking in when he realized he was still too small to reach. “damn it.” Jiyong ran back to SeungHyun, “Hyung!!” Jiyong shook the heavy body on the body a couple of times,  “wake up!!” Jiyong waited for SeungHyun to react, but still no response.

 

“aish!” Jiyong threw the pacifier on his hyung’s face, but SeungHyun only reacted with a nose cringe then turned his back on him. “aah! Wake up!!”

 

“Jiyong….too early…” SeungHyung mumbled grabbing the pacifier and shoving it to Jiyong’s mouth.

 

Jiyong felt defeated and just rolled his eyes, he will not let his hyung dampen his excitement. He grabbed the necklace from SeungHyun’s side table, wore it then ran back to the door. He gave a couple of jump as if the air time will allow him to twist the knob, but to no avail. He only ended up landing on his ..

 

“YUCK!” Jiyong cried out when he landed and felt a wet sensation from his diaper. Jiyong kicked the door, “this is so annoying!” Jiyong was about to throw his pacifier on the door when suddenly…

 

~Click~

 

Jiyong’s smile came running out of his face, he stood up quickly when YoungBae’s head pop inside SeungHyun’s room.

 

“Ji?” YoungBae knew it, he was passing by the hallway after getting himself a glass of water when he heard a thud and saw the door knob being twisted a couple of times. Seeing his best friend smiling at him ear to ear made his heart melt, surprised that Jiyong missed him.

 

“You’re back!!” Jiyong stood up, obviously struggling with his tiny legs. YoungBae smiled and was anticipating a hug when… “Move!!” Jiyong pushed YouBae’s legs but since his best friend’s all of the sudden bigger than him it felt more of trying to push a wall that wouldn’t budge.  Jiyong stopped pushing and decided to crawl between YoungBae’s legs.

 

“oh ok, I was hoping for a welcome back home hug.” YoungBae sighed, feeling disappointed as he turned and watch Jiyong excitedly ran towards SeungRi’s room. A little pain stabbed his heart realizing that Jiyong was more excited to see their maknae than him, jealousy fills him but he opted to push it back. He walked behind Jiyong and helped his friend open SeungRi’s door.

 

“Thanks!” Jiyong tiny legs ran towards a snoring body under the thick mountain of blue bed covers. Jiyong eagerly tried to climb up before feeling YoungBae’s hands lift him up and placed him on SeungRi’s bed. He looked up and was met with a smile from YoungBae, Jiyong blushed but then focused back on the maknae. “Ri wake up!” Jiyong shook Seungri but he just mumbled a couple of times and turn away. “Aish!” Jiyong was excited to see his maknae back from a three day off in his hometown. “Wake up! I wanna show you something!!!” Jiyong pouted and poked SeungRi’s cheeks but to no avail. “YoungBae~~~~” Jiyong pouted but YoungBae just smiled at him.

 

“He will not wake up Ji….” YoungBae spoke after drinking after which pointing towards SeungRi’s table. Jiyong looked over and saw a bottle of sleeping pills.

 

“what?!?” Jiyong was shocked a little, he knows SeungRi takes some but only in times when he’s stressed and he needs a good rest. “Is maknae stressed why???”

 

YoungBae rubbed Jiyong’s hair and shook his head. “He’s just really tired but couldn’t sleep when we came early this morning, probably worried too much about you. Don’t worry he’ll be up later this afternoon.”

 

“I wanna show this to him.” Jiyong childishly looked at the necklace in his hands, YoungBae knelt in front of him and lifted his chin.

 

“I was the first one you saw and you just pushed me aside Ji…you don’t want to show that to me?” YoungBae was slightly insulted and was obviously disappointed, but he knows where is his place in Jiyong’s hierarchy of friends…and sadly SeungRi’s on top, no question ask.

 

“aaah.” Jiyong was caught off guard, blushing a deep red of color and realizing his stupidity and ignorance. “Sorry Bae!!” he never thought about it at all, not until YoungBae told it himself.

 

“It’s ok…” YoungBae picked up Jiyong and started smelling him.

 

“Ah stop that.” Jiyong hid his face behind his tiny hands. “That’s weird.”

 

“It is weird but we have to do this to know if you need a change.” YoungBae laughed.

 

“well here…I was supposed to surprise you guys…” Jiyong showed the necklace, YoungBae pretended to be shocked but Jiyong can see through the fakeness. “You knew don’t you!”

 

“SeungHyun hyung told me.”

 

“aish! I told him I’ll surprise---“

 

“SeungRi but not me, so he told me.” YoungBae told Jiyong, half sarcastic half not. Sensing that Jiyong can sense his disappointment, he just pinched Jiyong’s cheeks and forced out a giggle. “if you admit you missed me I can quickly let that go.”

 

“huh???” Jiyong didn’t know what to reply as he was secured in his high chair, he watched as YoungBae started preparing for his milk.

 

“Nothing…” YoungBae sadly sighed as he punches 1 minute in the microwave.

 

“So umm how was the trip?” Jiyong tries to break the ice as YougBae approaches him while testing the temperature of his milk.

 

“It was ok, we went out and met a couple of SeungRi’s friends…that’s it.” YoungBae sat in front of JiYong, giggling as he watches his leader drink the milk from his bottle. It’s been a week now or so, they’ve lost count since they started caring for baby jiyong; somehow he felt as if this set up was normal….

 

“You guys didn’t went out at all?” JiYong spoke after a few minutes of drinking, trying to ignore how YoungBae adorably looked at him. He honestly felt uncomfortable but decided to let it go, he loved having everybody’s attention on him anyways.

 

“Nope, but ummm it’s weird though, the real purpose why we went there.” YoungBae stuttered a bit, not sure how to break the news to JiYong. “Do you know why SeungRi needed to go there all of the sudden…cause you’re the one he was supposed to go with him in the first place right?”

 

“Yup…he said he wanted me to meet someone, like a friend or something…” JiYong sighed as he remembered how the maknae looked really troubled when he asked him to come with him. “He even said that he won’t know what to do if he meets that person without me, tsk SeungRi’s too dependent on his hyung…especially to me!” Jiyong proudly said.

 

“Oh…so you knew that SeungRi’s being set up now for marriage right? Nothing to be publicized just something to do with Ri’s family saving a family friend’s crisis…” YoungBae stood up, JiYong nearly dropped the bottle as he quickly turned to face him. YoungBae was perplexed on how JiYong reacted, surprised that he had no clue whatsoever about the true nature of their trip. “ummm ok now I don’t know if I should be telling you that or not…”

 

“Is that the reason why Ri’s a little bit agitated this past few days?” JiYong tried to play his temper down by randomly tapping his fingers on the high chair, but YoungBae just jerked his shoulder as a reply.

 

“Don’t know…”

 

“How is she?” JiYong doesn’t understand how on earth can marriage and Ri gets mixed up. Endless questions started running through his head, he couldn’t even point out which one to start with…suddenly his stomach made a lurching movement, he felt nauseous and as if his world suddenly crashed on him. He feels dizzy, he wanted to vomit. Ri getting married that’s preposterous right? It keeps chanting inside his head that a migraine started coming into play.

 

“Ji you’re pale….are you ok?” YoungBae placed his palm over JiYong’s forehead, but the leader was just too stunned to say a single word. “She’s ok, she’s nice and Ri spent a day with her.”

 

“did you watch over him? Was she the caring type? Does she have enough patience for Ri? Does she knows that Ri hates vegetables? Does the agency knows about this? Does---“

 

“Ji stop panicking.” YoungBae placed his index finger on top ofJiyong’s lips. “Yes, YG knows about this, it’s not really a marriage like for serious reasons…just business…in papers?”

 

“PAPERS?! THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS MARRIAGE FOR PAPER ONLY! HAVE YOU SEEN DRAMAS!? THEY START LIKE THAT THEN AFTERWARDS THEY FALL IN LOVE..THEN THEY ADMIT TO THEMSELVES THEN THEY..THEY END UPBEING TOGETHER!” Jiyong panicked,YoungBae laughed at how exaggerated Jiyong’s facial expression was. Somehow Ji looked like a kid panicking when he found out Santa Claus was not real.

 

“Look you watch too much dramas, if Ri falls for her then it’s good right? The maknae has always been into the idea of settling down despite his weird attempts to pick some girls up…” YoungBae laughed but JiYong just kept on breathing really fast, worried to death on what on hell’s plan did Ri got himself into. “Ji breath slowly, you don’t want to hyperventilate right?”

 

“But Bae…..it’s not---it’s….aaah!” JiYong’s eyes started to glisten with tears, he was so mad…he can’t believe it…

 

Suddenly a door opened and a fast paced Daesung came out from the hallway, breathing heavily and smirking like an idiot. “It’s 8:45!” he proudly declared. The two other men just stared at him, disappointing Dae with their lack of enthusiasm. “Come on!” Dae walked over to the other two and quickly lifted JiYong.

 

“Hey!” YoungBae cried out and followed Daetowards the kitchen.

 

“IT’S 8:45! IT’S THE TIME NAMIE-SSI GOES OUT FOR HER MORNING JOGS!” Dae said.

 

“oh.” YoungBae and Jiyong flatly replied.

 

“what do you mean ‘oh’…come on! It’s been years that we’ve been stalking her…I would’ve expected the dry reply from YoungBae hyung but from you Jiyong hyung?” Dae was a little bit annoyed.

 

Jiyong wanted to join in the fun, to mock and tell Dae that he had gotten WAY too close to Namie a few days ago…but the thought of Ri’s situation lingers in his head. He wanted to distract himself but he couldn’t. He sadly stared at YongBae who’s back is turned and obviously not interested to partake in any of this thing.

 

“There she is! Oh man she’s really pretty…I wouldn’t mind dating a 30+ year old noona if she’s that hot ne JiyongHyung!” Dae laughed.

 

“um yeah.” Jiyong was still preoccupied and just forced himself a reply.

 

“Come on aren’t you the one who have the biggest crush on her…wait…uwa! Is she…is she….SHE IS COMING HERE!” Dae cried out.

 

“WHAT!?!” YoungBae quickly closed the fridge door and stood beside Daesung.

 

“What’s with the sudden interest?” Daesung rolled his eyes, YoungBae tried to hide the faint blush that is slowly seeping on his face. “yihee..could it be that our very chaste hyung is secretly fancying Namie-ssi all along?”

 

Wait….SeungHyun hyung said that I shouldn’t tell YoungBae about my ‘bonding’ time with Namie noona right? Could it be?

 

“OH MY GOD YOUNGBAE?!!” Jiyong pointed at YoungBae, who was now busy trying to convince DaeSung that he’s gone crazy and all.

 

~Ding dong~

 

“SHE IS HERE!” Daesung swiftly handed Jiyong to YoungBAe “How do I look?”

 

“Ugly as always.” YoungBae replied as he swung Jiyong over his shoulder for a better grip.

 

“Whatever.” Daesung breathe out a couple of times to see his breath. “Fresh as always.” He smirked and coughed a little for confidence before going to the door and opening it. Quickly giving out a huge smile to ask a pink sport tank top wearing noona. “Hi Namie-noona what’s up?”

 

“Ah… hi dae! It’s been a while…” Namie smiled, Dae forced out a loud laugh that made everybody felt more uncomfortable than ever. “Is…umm…Seunghyun here?”

 

“Why do you need SeungHyun…” Daesung asked.

 

“I lent him the baby bag…my sister’s coming over so I’ll be needing back as soon as possible.”

 

“Aren’t you going to say hi to her bae?” Jiyong asked.

 

“no.” YoungBae tried to busy himself with rocking Jiyong side to side, obviously something not needed. Jiyong can see that YoungBae’s eyes were glancing once in a while on the mirror across the room where a reflection of Namie can be seen.

 

“Oh…he’s still sleepy? Well I guess I’ll just be back in a few minutes later ne?” Namie was about to excuse herself, and Dae quickly expressed disappointment (there’s not much opportunity to actually have time with the girl of their dreams to just walk right in front of their doorstep.)

 

“WAIT! I’LL GO CHECK HYUNG’S ROOM…I’M SURE HE HAS IT IN THERE!!!” Dae waved his hand frantically, making Ji want to face palm himself out of his embarrassment for his dongsaeng. Namie giggled before nodding and accepting to stay behind, Dae quickly ran towards out of the living room and straight to SeungHyun’s room (well after checking popping his head out one last time to check if namie is really inside their place).

 

“awkward~~~~” JIyong rolled his eyes and pouted as he was carefully placed to sit on the to counter with his eyes burning through YoungBae. It was amusing to see how his bestfriend’s trying to busy himself with coffee, or at least try to make one with a poker face that with a blushing cheek that’s as red as a beet. “aren’t you going to offer her coffee…?”

 

“No.” YoungBae grabbed a cup and started adding the powder.

 

Jiyong’s raised an eyebrow and with an evil smile called out: “COFFEE!!!?”

 

YoungBae jerked and glared at Jiyong, and his heart quickly sank when Namie’s voice cut in with a soft “oh I love to have one….thanks YoungBae…” YoungBae froze for a few seconds before giving her a cold nod.

 

YoungBae obviously started panicking, and Jiyong watched in horror as YoungBae started making one goof off after another, Sheesh how hard is it to make a coffee, Jiyong asked himself. Bewildered as YoungBae clumsily dropped the spoon on the floor and absent mindedly placed it back in Namie’s cup.

 

“Oh crap wait…this one’s dirty now; I’ll just go and make you another one/” YoungBae quickly threw the content on the sink (No it’s ok – Namie actually wanted to stop him), but he was too busy making another round.

 

Namie walked towards the two and started playing with Jiyong….making YoungBae’s heart flutter faster as if it’ll beat out of his chest. He just wanted to get this coffee over with that without looking grabbed a nearby shaker, and started shaking it on their coffee…

 

“Umm……..” Jiyong bit his cheek as he watched YoungBae mistaken the salt to sugar and was obviously too distracted to notice. He quickly glanced at Namie, she was also too busy spazzing at how chubby his cheeks were… “Namie----“

 

 

“HERE!” YoungBae quickly shoved Jiyong’s pacifier over his mouth, thinking that it’ll stop Jiyong from speaking towards Namie. But Jiyong wanted to pull it out of his mouth, hoping to stop YoungBae and Namie from drinking the saltiest coffee ever….

 

However…

 

YoungBae handed Namie her cup, she smiled…YoungBae nodded…

 

Jiyong took a deep breath as the YoungBae started drinking and then---

 

‘PFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!! PWAH!” YoungBae spitted out in showers the coffee….Jiyong closed his eyes as he can sense YoungBae’s confidence and dignity slowly fading away as droplets of coffee trickled on each of Namie’s now messed up wet curls….

 

“OH MY GOD!!” YoungBae cried out in horror as a coffee damped Namie stood there frozen in shock.  Namie was obviously shaken as she carefully placed her untouched coffee on the sink…her eyes closed…

 

“Wait…” YoungBae grabbed the nearby tissue papers but Namie quickly gave her the hand and expressed that she doesn’t wanna be touched.

 

“HEY I HAVE YOUR BAG HERE!! SORRY HYUNG REALLY TOOK THIS SOMEHWERE IN THE ROOM I CAN’T FIND!” DaeSeung entered the kitchen totally oblivious of what happened. “What the…..”

 

Jiyong just gave a shrug of the shoulder as a response to Dae’s asking look.

 

“I’m----I’m going….I’m gonna take this….” Namie took the bag from Dae and ran out of their apartment slamming the door behind her.

 

Odd silence….

 

“Umm…..someone take me down from here cause if SeungRi finds out I’m---“

 

“HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY DON’T PUT JIYONG HYUNG ON TOP OF THE COUNTER!!” SeungRi’s yelling voice broke off the silence…Dae ran quickly towards Jiyong and carried him. SeungRi took out the milk and started making one for Jiyong, he then noticed how pale YoungBae was…

 

“Ummm YoungBae hyung…are you ok?” SeungRi waved his hands in front of YoungBae’s eyes…. “Why do we have ZomBae here?” SeungRi laughed, it’s been a while since he last saw YoungBae this shocked. Daesung and Jiyong quickly gave SeungRi a fearful shake of the head, telling him to shut up but SeungRi failed to get it. “Hey ZomBae…..earth to you!? Yohoo??”

 

YoungBae quickly snapped out and noticed SeungRi but without a word, he shoved the youngest out of the room and bolted towards the bathroom.

 

“What happened??” SeungRi asked, Dae and Jiyong just awkwardly look at each other….

===============================================================================================

Author's note: OH MY GOD! SUPER SORRY TO MY READERS... it's just that hospital clerking and also my review's getting the best of me...i'm always writing in my notebooks and in my head but after month's this is the first time i was able to hold my laptop..i'm so sorry...i hope you forgive me...and thank you in advance for all the comments..and aah gasp..i'm really sorry for the late updates...sigh.