Chapter 5 - Effort

When GD = Baby... Literally.

 

Chapter 5- Effort

 

“DOOONNN’T!!!” Jiyong cried out, swaying all over the place and throwing tantrums on SeungRi’s bed. He’s been doing this since 3 days ago since he found out SeungRi’s leaving for the long weekend. But Ri just ignored him and continued checking his bags while he waits for his iPod to update. Jiyong sniffed one last time then grabbed the nearby ball of sock placed on the end of the bed. Jiyong gritted his teeth…squinted one eye and started aiming----one deep inhale and then---

 

~woosh~hit~

 

“BULL’S EYE!” Jiyong victoriously pumped his hands up and down, successfully hitting his target-à SeungRi’s head.

 

“HYUNG!!” Ri yelled as he rubbed the back of his head before bending down to pick up the rolled sock on the floor.

 

“YOU DESERVE IT!! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME!?!” Jiyong protested, but Ri just casually unrolled the sock and stated putting it on. His mouth slightly fell open because obviously his cuteness, tantrum and now brutality (if that’s what you call it) didn’t work. Ri just smirked and unplugged his iPod.

 

“Finish…”

 

“RIIII~~~~” Jiyong stated kicking randomly again.

 

“Aish…I can’t, I can’t stay ok? It’s my family’s tradition to be together during this season. IT’s just three days!” Ri reasoned as he towards Ji and affectionately messed the baby’s hair. “I’m sorry but you know this trip way before you turned to this cute baby.”

 

“Why do I feel like when you called me ‘cute’ is just a futile attempt to up.” Jiyong looked away from Ri….he knows that if he sees Ri’s puppy dog eyes he’ll fall to pieces and quickly forgets how offended he is.

 

“But yeah, I know about the trip…we planned it…I was supposed to go with you, but I didn’t think you’ll push through with this trip without me.” Jiyong’s started to cry again, he’s used to being whiney now. His toddler body not just added a million to his cuteness but also more to his being a cry baby….and laughing machine.

 

Ri pouted adorably, then leaned to kiss Jiyong’s forehead. “I know. But I bought the two tickets already, and I can’t let it go…”

 

“Are you done packing?” Bae pushed the door, backpack on and ready to go. Jiyong glared at YoungBae, who noticed this quickly and decided to quickly walk away…dodging the invisible daggers being thrown at his direction…courtesy of none other than Jiyong himself.

 

“Yes Hyung! I’m coming…” Ri lifted Jiyong up and started carrying him inside the living room. “Wow we’re just going out for three days hyung why pack as if you’re going for months.”

 

YoungBae didn’t budge, he’s afraid of seeing Jiyong’s dead glare.

 

“Taking Bae with you, you’re doing great in adding pain to injury Ri!” Jiyong was then placed on the baby chair.

 

YES THEY BOUGHT ONE….it took a lot of tantrums and negotiation between Jiyong and the other four men yesterday before Jiyong agrees in using baby stuffs.

 

Which includes: A baby chair, a bunch of baby clothes, diaper (that he curses DaeSung for VOLUNTARILY buying him Doraemon designed ones) and-----

 

“Here.” DaeSung placed in front of him a doraemon baby bottle.

 

JiYong pouted, “Dae stop buying me stuffs…THANK YOU! I LOVE YOUR WILLINGNESS…THANK YOU!!” emphasizing the gratitude.

 

“It’s not going to work Ji, you’ve been bugging us with your speech of thank you for three days and not a single leaf changed.” SeungHyun joined them on the table, holding a hot coffee and eyes focused on reading the newspaper. The eldest decided to stay with this dongsaeng as they sort this mess up…and also he doesn’t want to risk freaking out in his villa alone with JiYong.

 

It’s true, when Jiyong and SeungRi came home…Jiyong started giving out thank you messages and even sent a letter to YG but to no avail. All things remained the same….he’s still a baby.

 

“Can I have coffee?” Jiyong stretched out his hand but his lips were greeted by the doraemon bottle and hesitantly bit the tip and started the milk out. He looked up and saw DaeSung smiling at him.

 

“So cute…”Dae let go of the bottle and took his bag. “Hey you guys going to hitch a ride?”

 

“Yeah thanks!” Bae turned off the TV and took a toast; patted Ji’s head “See you in three days.”

 

“WAIT!!!!!” Jiyong screamed and accidentally dropped the bottle. “You too!?! Dae you’re leaving me here?!?!”

 

“Well yeah, I have to go to church I’ll be back tomorrow evening.” DaeSung played with his keys. SeungRi picked up his bag and gave Jiyong a wink.

 

“Have fun with hyung…” Ri said.

 

“NO!!” Jiyong kicked violently almost putting his high chair off balance. “No!!!! AT LEAST BAE TAKES ME OUT TO WALK BOSS AND GAHO! DAE AT LEAST….BRINGS ME TO CHURCH TO PLAY WITH THOSE ADORABLE KIDS---“

 

“Or bully them rather.” Dae whispered, Jiyong ignored him and tried to ease his way out of this situation.

 

“and WITH RI AT LEAST WE MANAGED TO GET 1 STEP CLOSER TO FIXING MYSELF!” JiYong slammed his fist on the high chair desk.

 

“Hey…what are you getting out?” SeungHyun raised an eyebrow; Jiyong puffed his cheeks and drew invisible doodle on the table.

 

“Well the last time you guys left me with Hyung….I ended up----“

 

*flashback*

 

7:30 am

 

“Hey Ji!! We’re alone!” SeungHyun jumped on the bed, he’s been excited to spend time with the baby sine the first day and when he pulled out that he’ll be third to do so….he can’t help but be excited.

 

But then Ji was still sleeping, SeungHyun pouted and decided to bounced up and down like a kid waiting for the baby to wake up….not noticing that Ji’s body was slowly inching over the edge and suddenly…

 

*THUD*

 

“uwa?!” SeungHyun was shocked to see Jiyong fall of the bed.

 

*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!* Jiyong cried out…

 

-----Hospital ER-----

 

“So rolled of the bed?” The doctor placed a cold pack on JiYong forehead.

 

Jiyong mumbles but since he can’t let other people hear him speak he just gritted his teeth.

 

“Yeah!” SeungHyun nervously lied.

 

“Well other than that bruise on the head, I think he’s ok…no damage...”

 

“Oh thank God!!” SeungHyun felt relieved.

 

“Ok, first time taking care of a baby?” The doctor asked as he signs their release form. He handed it SeungHyun who nodded in reply, “I see a lot of fresh dad going here committing the same mistake…don’t worry.”

 

SeungHyun just took the release form and bill before exiting to pay his bill and go straight home.

 

1:00 PM

 

“Hyung I’m bored….” Jiyong stopped playing his blocks; actually even in his own tiny threshold of joy...playing all of his toys over and over again for nearly whole day is not working. “Even if I’m mentally reverted back to being a baby…nobody can be as patient as this! Take me out!”

 

“But I’m sleepy…” SeungHyun was on the sofa.

 

“No you’re not sleeping!! You’re just watching a movie!!” Jiyong threw his blocks and started climbing Seunghyun’s slender knee…but SeungHyun ignored him…he misses SeungRi, whenever he does Ri quickly picks him up and play horse or motorcycle…

 

“Ji…I am watching.” SeungHyun pointed at the TV “This is the last replay…”

 

“I want to play with Gaho!”

 

“Gaho’s bigger than you, he’ll pound you!” SeungHyun answered without even budging on looking at Jiyong.

 

“Then how about boss…”

 

“Boss poops a lot, and I have no plans of fixing poops today other than yours…”

 

“my ’s itchy, did you really wipe me clean!?” Jiyong looked at his diaper…

 

“I did….in my definition of what is clean.”

 

“aaiiissh….” Jiyong sat down on the floor and noticed something underneath the sofa. “Oh…look hyung!!”

 

SeungHyun quickly gave a glance and saw a blue pen with Doraemon drawing on. “I think this is Dae’s.”

 

“A-duuuuh~~~” Jiyong rolled his eyes.

 

Seunghyun took the pen and clicked something, “whoa? Cool…flashlight?” SeungHyun pointed the beaming pen on the wall and revealed that the pen actually illuminates to reveal a picture of Doraemon… “Cute…”

 

“YAAAAAAH!!!!”  Jiyong surprised SeungHyun on how he quickly yelled and joyfully chased the light, like a tiny cute cat would.

 

“oooh yeahhh….” SeungHyun remembered that Jiyong’s humor also became dwindled down to that of a kid. Figuring out this will work, he started pointing the light on random places, and Jiyong will chase the light then before Jiyong can reach it he’ll point to another area.

 

THIS IS REALLY WORKING!

 

Jiyong is having a “BLAST” and he can continue watching his movie...he just used his ears…as long as Jiyong is laughing its ok.

 

But then, as the comes nearer….

 

A of different form happened.

 

~BAAANG~

 

“HYYUNNGG UWAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

“Ji?!” SeungHyun dropped the pen and was petrified to see Jiyong crying out and his nose bleeding. That’s when he realized that he accidentally pointed the light on the wall corner…and the innocent kiddy driven Jiyong ran towards it.

 

“!!” SeungHyun stood up and grabbed Jiyong, wiping off the bleeding nose… “OH SHIITT!” the bleeding won’t stop.

 

“Let me……guess…….played with the kid without looking?” the same doctor raised an eyebrow as he gently placed a tape on Jiyong’s nose.

 

“Ummm….” SeungHyun felt uncomfortable being in the emergency room again and having the same attendant helps them. The moment he cried out “You again?” he knew it’ll be hard thing to explain.

 

“Light pen?”

 

“Does all new father experience doing that?” SeungHyun hugged Jiyong (who was oddly tipsy because of the painkillers he got)

 

“Not just fathers, random people first time baby sitters...moms….anybody.” The doctor finished writing a new release form, “they just don’t accidentally hurt their kids and goes to the ER two times in a day…”

 

“I’m…I’m…I’m”---SeungHyun was lost for words.

 

“Just don’t come back here again-----ah wait not back here I mean,  try your best to not let the kid get hurt but if you do don’t hesitate to go back here---I’m just hoping I won’t see you again.” The doctor peeled of the release sheet.

 

“Thank you.” SeungHyun stood up and took the papers, “I’ll go and pay now. Ji??” but Jiyong was still tipsy. “is this?”

 

“temporary….his nose is a little bit swollen so I needed to sedate him a bit...don’t worry he’ll be fine.”

 

“It’s not broken right?” SeungHyun panicked. “He’ll kill me if it’s broken.”

 

“No…” the doctor started laughing “How will a kid kill you, his hands can’t barely cover your neck…unless the kid’s mentally developed already to grasp the idea of putting a pillow over you while you sleep.” The doctor joked.

 

But SeungHyun just smirked and whispered to himself “You have no idea….” Giving out a scared look at Jiyong…

 

5PM

 

“I am sorry!!!” SeungHyun cried out in frustration, wearing YoungBae’s apron and waving the wooden cooking spoon accidentally splattering spaghetti sauce over the wall. “AISH Ri will just clean that up.”

 

“But my nose! I look like I can do a competition with DaeSung now!” Jiyong cried out, he was placed on the kitchen counter top.

 

“The doctor said it’ll be fine, don’t poke it!” SeungHyun pulled Jiyong’s prying hand off of Ji’s face.

 

“It’s not broken right or else I’m going to kill you! You won’t be able to sleep quietly at night Choi SeungHyun if you successfully ruin my nose!”

 

“No it’s not Ji. Look I’m sorry ok? I’m cooking your favorite spaghetti and promise to have your ride get pimped out again and buy you clothes and stuffs just to make up for it..I’m sorry~~~” SeungHyun was reaching his limit of guilt. “You probably regret being alone with me…”

 

“Fine….” Jiyong dangled his legs then checked the floor. He then noticed SeungHyun pouting, feeling a sickening sensation of guilty creeping in his tummy. Seunghyun’s trying….it not in a sense that it’s working in a positive way…but at least working really hard. Just like how his hyung is when he started dancing, the end product may not be as perfect but it doesn’t mean he didn’t put out his best. “Sorry…”

 

“I’m not….I tried…”

 

“I know, and thank you for trying…I’m sorry I made you feel weird I appreciate your work….your effort….so yeah….other than having a swollen forehead and now a nose and now talking like I have the sniffles….I don’t regret being with you.”

 

SeungHyun smiled then turned to face Ji. “oh Ji!” SeungHyun hugged his tiny dongsaeng then lifted him up.

 

“Besides, Ri doesn’t let me sit up on the counter top….Bae doesn’t let me skip my afternoon nap and Dae won’t let me drink coffee---“

 

“Hey that’s our little secret Ji!!” SeungHyun laughed.

 

“Yeah yeah…but can we put some vodka next time?” Ji raised his eyebrows a couple of times. SeungHyun laughed… “No but I’m serious hyung!!”

 

“Haha Oh Ji!” SeungHyun thought of a brilliant idea. “I bet the other three have not done this to you…”

 

“wait if it’s a kiss---trust me Ri can’t get enough of my forehead” Jiyong backed a bit….

 

“Oh I was talking about this---“SeungHyun smiled then shouted “Superman!!!” and with one quick move started tossing JiYong up and down.

 

Jiyong laughed and enjoyed the fun and few seconds of air time, his eyes squinting to a tiny line. He loves how childish SeungHyun is…yeah he really appreciate his hyung…

 

The fun and warm atmosphere could’ve gone well but then…

 

-------at the hospital----

 

“YOU AGAIN!?!” the doctor cried out, SeungHyun placed an ice pack on Jiyong head….and when the doctor saw the straight bruise on the top of Jiyong’s head. “Let me guess, tossed him up and down and you accidentally got him too high his head hit the kitchen top cabinet?”

 

“hahaha…” SeungHyun felt that if blushing can lead to death….he’ll be reincarnated already then die again.”

 

*flashback end*

 

“Hey you said you didn’t regret being with me!?!?” SeungHyun pouted.

 

“Well I do have fun with you---“

 

“Too fun that night I saw you Jiyong wasted” Dae randomly interrupted.

 

“BOWA?!?!” Ri and Bae yelled.

 

“Nothing!” Jiyong and SeungHyun shouted, begging Dae to shut his mouth. Dae sensing this just remained quiet.

 

“Ri, Bae….Dae------I might end up being in a hospital again…and if hospital gives out those promo cards wherein you can get free stickers every time you bring an injured baby...SEUNGHYUN HYUNG DEFINITELY WILL HAVE WON THE PRICE ALREADY!” Jiyong cried out, SeungHyun decided to laugh it off…it’s a fact; last time was a testament of how GREAT he was I handling kids.

 

“Don’t Ji...I have plans.” SeungHyun sipped his coffee… “It’s brilliant.”

 

“as long as no Superman, flashlight and jumping up and down on a bed…..”

 

“It doesn’t Ji trust me.” SeungHyun smiled….trying to calm Jiyong down but the dongsaeng didn’t feel a single inch of comfort. “Trust me it’s brilliant.”

 

“Ri~~~~”

 

“Bye Hyung….see you….” Ri kissed Ji’s head, Dae laughed and Bae waved his to the two---

 

“DAMN HIGH CHAIR!” Jiyong wanted to jump off and start running to the three men but couldn’t.

 

“Make sure we come home with Jiyong as a whole…or at least with sense and breathing---“YoungBae deviously waved his hand and laughed when Jiyong cried out---

 

“BAEEE!!!!”

 

Before laughing his head back and closing the door.

 

Bae went to meet up Ri...

 

“Do you think it’s a bright idea to leave him with Hyung…considering last time?” Ri was starting to regret.

 

“Nah, he’ll be fine…..” Bae opened Dae’s door…

 

“Maybe they’ll be able to solve one puzzle….like teaching Jiyong how survive and not be killed.” Dae laughed.

 

“DAEUSUNGYA!” Bae and Ri shouted at Dae’s twisted humor as the three drove off.

 

 

=========================================================

OK i know i said before that it'll be erted Ji and club drought TOP..but my fingers thought otherwise...sigh..but i'm sure it'll pop out...

hey LOVE to hear from you, what you think about my story...=) plesae leave comments and sub if you want :) thanks! Oh and sorry for the lousy pic, i was hoping to get a real baby gdragon pic like what i usually do but i can't get one so i used this one instead..oh well :)) still fit the scene of TOP and GD in a hospital look lol