long drive 102: Busan to Seoul

Travel love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you want me to drive?" Jong Hyun offered after stashing Yu Ri's luggage at the trunk.

"No one drives my car except me," she barked. She's not liking that someone is sitting in the passenger seat in her long drive. She always wants her passenger seat empty. She can throw everything in there and all just in a reach if she needs it.

"Alright. let me know when you're tired." Jong Hyun locked on his seatbelt.

Yu Ri adjusted the GPS and exited from the parking. It was a quiet drive.

Jong Hyun couldn't take it. He pressed the player. "oh.. Shinee?"

"Min Ho and I went to buy this car. He was my first passenger and well he played on the electronics. He downloaded and programmed everything. It's all Shinee's song in there... ah. speaking of the devil." Min Ho's name came up the screen. "Morning dude,"

"Morning to you. Are you coming back today?" Min Ho asked.

"I'm on my way. I have something in the evening. Why? You have plans?" Yu Ri asked back.

"Uhm.... Nah. I'm off till tomorrow morning. I'll come and pick you up,"

"Ok. sure. see you." Yu Ri pressed the off button. she checked the GPS. Six more hours. "let me know if you need the washroom or you wanted to stretch your back," she said to Jong Hyun.

"And let me know if you need a rest. I'll drive," Jong Hyun opened the offer again.

The drive continued in silence. Jong Hyun don't want to start a conversation. He's afraid he might be distracting Yu Ri from driving. It's a long drive and he knows it tiring.

They had their first stop after 4 hours driving.

"Let's separate. I don't want to get caught in a news with you." Yu Ri said as they entered the restaurant.

Jong Hyun didn't say anything. She's a sensible girl. The two went to different stall and ordered food. Yu Ri loved the food she ordered. It doesn't come often that she get to eat at pit stops and food at pit stops are really good. After finishing her food, she got up and walked to a store. She got 2 bottle of water and some chips. She got out and walked on the parking. She waited for Jong Hyun to come out. "ugh.. idols," she murmured. He finally emerged.

"You want me to drive?" Jong Hyun offered again.

"I made it clear that I don't like people driving my car," she buckled herself and started the car.

"well, I thought you might be tired." Jong Hyun reason out.

"Well, you can see I'm not. And FYI, I drove all the way to Busan and I can do it back to Seoul,"

"Ok." Jong Hyun had nothing to say anymore. He took out his tablet and started playing. When he got bored he started tapping whatever his doing. But the silence irritate him. Sure he's a silent person but driving silently, it's irritating. "Can we chat while you drive? It's deafening."

Yu Ri looked at him and then returned her eyes on the road. "Who said you can't talk?"

Jong Hyun sighed. "You don't have to be sarcastic."

"That's not sarcastic. You can talk if you want to. Last time I check. Korea is a free country.. errr. Kind of."

"How did you managed to drive 8 hours in silence?" Jong Hyun  didn't bother her sarcasm.

"I talk to myself. I can't do that with you around. I would  be like idiot." she chuckled.

"So what made you drive all the way to Busan?" Jong Hyun asked.

"Plane is too expensive," Yu Ri's face was serious.

Jong Hyun can't tell if it was a joke or really her reason. "comeon. It's lunar new year. What's a girl spending driving and not with the family,"

"My family knows me w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter