long drive 101: To Busan

Travel love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Luggage.checked. card. checked. car. checked. GPS. checked. phone. checked.

She hugged her family and said  goodbyes.  Her family can't do anything once again. She announced over breakfast that she's going for  a long drive for the lunar new year. No destination in mind. No booked hotels. She jumped into her little black genesis and drove away from Seoul.

"Busan," she murmured. She called Hee Jin. "Hey... what's there to see in Busan?"

"Busan?" Hee Jin raised. "A lot I guess. Basing on your interest, If you want to unwind. It would be a nice place to go. Why?"

"I'm considering driving there,"

"Driving? Like driving the little G all the way to Busan? Oh please spare the little G,"

"Why not?"

"Alright. Alright. When are you leaving?"

"I guess I'm on my way," Yu Ri giggled.

"You little! You take care. Come back in piece,"

"Yes. ma'am." Yu Ri hang up and pulled over at a convenience store. She picked a lot of water, chips and breads. She dropped the bag in the passenger's seat beside her and input her destination in the GPS.

It's a long drive but she didn't mind it. She stopped and pulled over to take a rest or just admire the views. She arrived at Busan in 9 hours drive. She's a fast driver if you may say. She googled tourist destination. Haeundae  and Songdo beach came up. It's February and it chilly. She heard about a lot about Haeundae but opted for Song do. She's curious about it. It got quite good reviews.

She parked her car and pulled her jacket on. The wind chill made it more colder. She took off her shoes and grabbed her slippers. She wanted to take a dip in the waters regardless how cold it is.

 

Jong Hyun and his friends were at the view deck. Reviving their friendship and escapade during their middle school time.

"Oh!!!!" His friend shouted and pointed at the beach below.

Someone's going in to the beach at that hour. Jong Hyun checked his watch. 4:35. "Who goes swimming at this time,"

"Ya! ya! she's going into the water," he shouted. The three were on their heels already running towards the beach.

"Oh my God! he's crazy! This cold," one was shouting.

"I think she's trying to drown herself," someone said while panting.

All were athletes. They reached the beach in few minutes. By that time the figure stepped on the water.

They were all yelling and screaming as they all ran towards the water. The two who arrived first pulled the figure  and dragged her to the sand.

She was stunned as they pulled her out of the water. When she got back to her senses. She glared at them. Then she recognized him. He raised her brows at him. "What the hell?"

"Ya! if you're going to take your life, not here," one of the burly one said.

"Take my life?" she pointed at herself. "Me? Are you kidding me? No matter how screwed up my life. I've never thought of that," she remarked.

"You're.. you're  going on the waters," one said stuttering.

"So? Dipping into the water doesn't mean you want to die. Are you nuts?" she shot back.

"Uhhh.... you look like you're going to drown yourself from our point of view," someone said and pointed the view deck in the hill.

"Well, your point of view is way off, that's what I think." Yu Ri rolled her eyes and looked at the four boys. Their shoes and mid calf were wet. She almost burst to laughter.  "Thank you very much for your concern. I think you guys need a change, You're all dripping and it's quite cold."

"oh..." they suddenly felt the cold at their feet.

"My car is up there." the other guy said.

Why don't I drop you there. At least to ease my conscience." She started to walked back towards the parking. She opened her car and threw all the thing from the back seat to the trunk. "You all have to squeeze in there," she told the three. "And you mister," she looked at Jong Hyun. "I think you know the road better than I do." she threw him the keys.

Yu Ri changed to her sneakers. "I really feel so bad about you guys. Here," she offered her slipper to Jong Hyun which the latter rejected. Joking that it's too small.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter