Help 101

Travel love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri had piled work when she reported the next day. Her boss pressured her to work on the project. She can't argue with her boss. She was gone for a week. She expected that.
She just got out from the lab and took a shower  when her phone rang. It's her cousin Min Ho. "What's up?" she answered through speaker while drying her hair with a towel.
"Ya! Choi Yuri!" it was a yell.
She was glad she put in a speaker. "What now Choi Min Ho? My eardrum will burst."
"Ya! Did you go to Athens with Lee Jong Hyun?"
"So what if I went with him. Are you going to beat the guy?" Yuri wasn't in the mood. She haven't had enough sleep since her trip to Greece.
"Jeez! Check the internet. It's crazy. He was caught again by fans. This time your face is quite visible. How many times I told you to keep it low. It's hard for the poor guy."
Yuri was quiet for a while. She sat down and opened her computer. She typed in Jong Hyun's name. There. The top search was Jong Hyun's recent trip to Athens with his girlfriend. The netizen had confirmed that the idol is dating someone. The question is who is the girl. Yuri checked the photos.  Min Ho's right. Anyone who knows her well will recognize her right away. But for now, only Min Ho recognized her. Her bestfriend or any from her family hasn't called yet. "What can I say?"
"What can you say? Ya! Choi Yuri. Jong Hyun's in a tight spot now with his agency. Man! Why can't you be discreet. Jeez! You should have learned your lesson with your trip to Peru." Min Ho was scolding him.
Yuri released a long deep sigh. "Don't worry, that's the last time. There's no way we'll talk again."
"What? And what does that mean?" Min Ho was puzzled.
"We had an argument on our way back to Korea." Yuri answered.
"What?  You had a fight?.. Ya! Oh my God! You... Where are you?"
"Lab. I have tons of work. I haven't been home for 3 days." Yuri answered
"man! You and your work. When will you come home?"
"I don't know. You know my work. This research is pretty sensitive. We have to monitor it every second." she answered.
"Are you the only employee? man! They are  taking advantage." Min Ho whined.
"I have to do this. My thesis is at stake."
"Yuri-ah, this is going to kill you. Give up your PHD. It's killing you."
Yuri sighed. "You don't understand me. We're in opposite world."
"Did you eat yet? It's past 12 midnight." Min Ho changed the topic.
"If you're on your way, can you drop me some food. I'm sick with ramen."
"I'll call you when I get there. See you later." Min Ho hang up.

"Jong Hyun-ah, are you busy?" Min Ho called Jong Hyun as soon as he hang up with Yuri.
"Oh, Min Ho... I guess this is about your cousin." Jong Hyun guessed it right away.
"Oh... But uhm.. how are you? How is your agency taking it? Did you admit you're dating Yuri?"
"Huh? Uh... Your cousin and I are not dating. I guess it was a mistake to ask her to go to that trip. Uhmmm.. Have you talk to her?"
"Just a little while ago. Did you two had fight?" Min Ho asked.
"We had a small argument. No worries." Jong Hyun answered.
"What was your agency's reaction?"
"My agency grilled me today. I told them the truth. Yuri's a friend I happened to like traveling with. They told me to deny a dating rumors. We're not dating. Just so let you know."
"Yuri told me that to but I do understand it you are trying to hide it."
"No. we're not really dating. I... I like to travel with her because she's easy and flexible. She can speak english. She's not fuzzy." Jong Hyun explained.
"Okay, I believe you and since it's from my cousin. I believe her as well. But... what's with this fight you two have?"
Jong Hyun made a deep breathed and looked outside. "There's no need for you to know. It's just a small matter."
"Small matter? Come on..." Min Ho urged.
"How's Yuri? Did she knew about this?"
"She has no idea. I just called her earlier and that's how she found out. She's living in the lab again. I haven't seen her for months. Busy with her studies. She doesn't have time to read news."
"Studies? Is she still in school?"
"PHD. That girl, she's too young to be taking her PHD." Min Ho answered.
"PHD?" Jong Hyun was lost.
Min Ho shook his head. "Doctor of Philosophy. I don't understand  her. She can have any job she wants but PHD..."
"Oh....She's smart." Jong Hyun commented.
"You bet. Okay...I'll let you go. Let's keep in touch."
"Thanks for calling." both hang up.


 

"Choi Yuri! Emergency!" Hee Jin was breathing rapidly. She asked Yuri to meet her after her work. Yuri finished at 10 pm and she still insisted they meet up.
"Okay Kim Hee Jin. What is this? Are you getting married? Are you pregnant?" Yuri sat down.
"Yuri-ah, " Hee Jin started to tear up.
Yuri started to get worried. "Hee Jin-ah,"
And Hee Jin cried. "I nailed my thesis!" Hee Jin shouted.
Yuri clenched her teeth. "Damn!" She throw a huge hug to her bestfriend. "And you call this emergency?! You crazy ! Congratulations!"
"And you are coming with me to celebrate." Hee Jin said in finality.
"Of course. This is worth celebrating. What? Jeju?" yuri grinned.
"Book a 5 days  vacation from your work. I know they will it give it you. You've been working hard. ahhhh... That reminds me. I was busy with the thesis that it slipped off my mind. Didn't you go to Athens months ago?"
"Hmmm yeah. Why?" Yuri braced herself in case Hee Jin recognized her in the floating photo with Jong Hyun.
"uh... I just thought of you when I saw the news about Lee Jong Hyun. You know, the CNBLUE guitarist. He was caught traveling with his girlfriend again. Once in Peru and now in Athens. It was just coincidence that you went to both country when he got caught. Coincidence. It crossed my mind that you're the girl but...." Hee Jin laughed. "There's no way you'll date an idol."
Yuri shrugged. "Hmmmmm and why would you say that there's no way I'll date an idol. You know that Min Ho's my cousin. I have easy access to any idols and hey.... we both have access to SM building. Who knows?"
"There's no way you'd date an idol. Period. Your cousin is an idol so I know."
Yuri just shrugged. "give me dates. I don't think I can get vacation leave these days. We have an ongoing research. It takes too much time. In fact this is the first time I got out of lab in 2 weeks."
"What? Are you... Gosh! Choi Yuri. I think it's time you change jobs. This is too much."
"Nah... I have to finish my thesis too. After this research I have to do presentation. I hope everything goes well."
"It's easy for you. Don't worry about it." Hee Jin encouraged. "Okay, so trip is out of the view for now. Hmmmm.... Fancy dinner?"
"I'll see you tomorrow for dinner." Yuri got up. "It's late. I have to go home. I haven't seen my parents for weeks. Wanna sleep over?"
Hee Jin's eyes widened. "Let's go get some beer."
"Dad has wines and beers at home. Let's have those." Yuri laughed.

"what the hell Choi Min Ho!" Yuri screamed. Her phone didn't  stopped ringing. It was a good thing it was on silent mood. She was in a meeting the whole morning. Her cousin had a hundred of miscalls and if he does that it  means emergency. "Choi Min Ho. I don’t  care what emergency  it is now. I am working."

"Sorry. Are you working till evening?"

Yes. I have a conference tomorrow. What's  going on?" she was still barking.

"I am in Vegas.,"

"So?" Yuri  raised. Her cousin knew that she flew to LA for a conference.

Min Ho breathed deeply. "When  are you going back to Korea?"

"I have a tight schedule these days. It was important that I attend this meeting that's  why I came. I'm  flying home tomorrow  in the evening. Why?"

"Uh.... Uhmmm" Min Ho stuttered.

"Please tell me you’re  not stuck in Vegas alone. I don't  have time  to save your ."

"Uhmmm.. Lee Jong Hyun. "

"What about Lee Jong Hyun?" Yuri frowned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter