After so long...

Why did you leave?

Eunhyuk's POV:

  Lee Donghae. Lee Donghae. Lee Donghae. Is it him? If it's him... how will he react when he sees me. How would the two of us be? Will we... be together again? I hardly dared to hope. I was so deep in my own thoughts that I didn't realize Siwon was talking to me. "What? I'm sorry. Can you repeat?" I apologized sheepishly. Siwon laughed and said, "I was just saying, do you want to walk around the school and then meet the others later?" I agreed to the plan as I had nothing else to do and I didn't feel like unpacking. 

  "But before we start... I think..." I stopped there, not knowing how to tell Siwon. Siwon looked at me patiently and waited for me to continue. That's what i like about him. He was a good listener. "I think Donghae... is in this school too." When I said it, it suddenly sounded ridiculous to me. I wished I could take back my words but Siwon nodded. "I saw his name on the list. But, Eunhyuk ah, it might be him, it might not be. Don't get your hopes up. Besides, if he was coming back to Korea, why wouldn't he tell any of us?" I looked up at Siwon then nodded sadly. "Let's go." I said softly. Siwon opened the door and let me go out first before he closed the door and locked it. I smiled, "I don't think anyone in the school would even lock their doors." Siwon laughed, "It does not hurt to be safe, Hyukjae." 

  We then went from building to building exploring the different rooms. I was amazed at how big the school was and how expensive everything looked! 'The school is sure rich!' I thought. After we were done, both of us texted our friends to meet us in the canteen. And as i was scrolling down on my contact list, I stopped at Donghae's contact. Hands shaking, I slowly pressed message and typed out a text to him. 

From: Eunhyuk

To: Donghae

Text: Hey Donghae... what are you doing now? I miss you...

I moved my thumb and hovered over the send button. 'Should i send?' I thought. After a few seconds, before i could change my mind, i pressed send and watched as the message was being sent. I half hoped that they would send me back a message that said there was an error but, none came. I sent him a message. After 2 years of not communicating, i finally sent him a message. 

  I received a reply a few seconds later. I thought it was one of my friends but it was from Donghae. I glanced at Siwon and made sure he was not looking, then i opened the message and his reply made my heart turn cold. 

From: Donghae

To: Eunhyuk: 

Text: Who are you? 

  His reply kept spinning in my head. I could feel myself getting a headache and before i knew it, i was crying. HARD. Siwon looked at me in surprise. He immediately came and put his arms around my shoulders. He then led me to a bench and sat down. I was very grateful as my headache was getting so bad that I was starting to feel dizzy and the fact that I was crying my heart out was not making it easier. The two of us just sat like there for the next 5 minutes. Me crying, and Siwon just letting me cry. Eventually I stopped crying and Siwon asked, full of concern in his voice, "What happened?" I looked at him then said, voice shaking, "He..He forgot me. He forgot who I am." At that, I started crying again. Siwon took my phone out of my hand and read the message. After he understood the situation, he said, "I don't know what happened to him but many things could have happened in 2+ years. We don't know for sure what happened. Please Eunhyuk, stop crying. The others will be here soon and you don't want them to see you cry." I nodded then wiped away my tears and tried my very best to not cry.

  Luckily, my eyes don't get puffy from crying very easily and when the rest of them met us in the canteen, they didn't suspect a thing. We spent the rest of the evening eating and laughing. And although I was smiling happily on the outside, I couldn't help feeling confused. 'Why doesn't he remember me?' I thought uneasily. I sighed softly. 'Forget about it Hyukjae. Just forget him. If he can't remember you, you should not remember him too.' I told myself and forced myself to concentrate on my friends' conversation.